The Cheap Shot and The Cheap Win

Did you lose respect for Diego Sanchez (DQ win)?

• Total voters
Willingly taking the DQ in a fight you know you lost doesn't sit well with me. But I wasn't in the cage, so it doesn't matter what I think.

I lost it more due to the fact that he simply has forgotten how to fight.

If I didnt know anybetter....I would have assumed they pulled a tapout shirt wearing loudmouth out of the audience to step in and fight for the first time.

No footwork, awkard strikes, awkward stance, zero gameplan.

Does Diego get a 100K bonus for winning? If yes, he did the right thing.

That was a flagrant foul, he got a nasty cut from it and is most likely concussed. There is no way you can quickly recover from a dead-on full blast illegal knee to your head. His brain was rattled.

That should be an automatic DQ.

Except for the Diaz brothers, Sanchez was about the last guy you'd expect to take the easy way out. On the other hand, all these guys do this for money, first and foremost. He may have a nice chunk of change written into his contract for a win bonus.

Willingly taking the DQ in a fight you know you lost doesn't sit well with me. But I wasn't in the cage, so it doesn't matter what I think.
So you should take an L I'd a guy cheats??

Cheating is far more dishonorable and this is the only way to get it enforced

Of course not. It was obviously the right call. Ref shouldn't have given him the choice. He was done, and the strike was obviously illegal.

I really expected more from Diego.

One of the most cowardly displays I’ve seen in the octagon.

<KingstonFrown>

That was disgraceful. Yes, the knee was big, but he clearly sought for a way out. That was cowardly and shitty. Sanchez was not in that fight. He looked atrocious and did not deserve to win.

I hope he gets cut.

This is shockingly moronic.

How do you clearly "sought a way out" by being on the receiving end of a brain-rattling illegal knee? You've watched MMA all these years and are still unclear how concussions work?

That was a full clip direct knee to his skull, so hard it split his head open on contact. Diego is somewhere right now concussed.

Calling the RECIPIENT of an illegal knee a coward is stupid at face value. Hang your head in shame.

Maybe if this were one of his first 10 fights or 10 years in the game, but not now.
this fight had no business being in the 3rd round in the first place and he was the victim of a devastating illegal strike. Why would he go on? To reward his opponent? And the dude could use the win money. I have more respect for him now than when he walked into the octagon.,
This

No, he is just a guy who stayed too long like so many other combat athletes. He is holding on to what he knows the best and can't deal with the reality of retiring.

So you should take an L I'd a guy cheats??

Cheating is far more dishonorable and this is the only way to get it enforced
If it was intentional then sure. I didn't see it so I was under the impression it was accidental

im sorry but whoever agrees with Diego on this one should not be discussing fights. pussy move. I dont see how you can aprove it, specially considering (i) the had A CUT and (ii) how the fight was going prior to that.... the fact he had "all the right" doesnt make it look good.
You're looking to far into it. He did this shit for the win bonus. Yes, he quit. But he did that shit to pick up some cash. I doubt hes well off at all. Everyone is taking the DQ for win $$ at that point.

Diego knew he was two rounds down and about to lose the third. I don't believe he could not see. One point deduction was fair. He knew even with the point deduction he would still lose. He only claimed he couldn't see to win the fight.

He's gone from the most ballsy to the most cowardly in one fight. He's clearly on some weird shit, Ref said to the doctor, he's illegally kneed him etc.. and Diego just immediately quotes the refs words to the doctor like a baby. I can't be mad with this crazy fucks crazy decisions in one fight, he's a legend, just when you don't think Diego can surprise you he does again.

Diego escaped getting finished by a dude named Michelle and with a man bun.

the fact that Diego asked Herzog what would happen if he couldn't continue proves that Diego could have continued and didn't want to. the guy took the easy way out. He also asked if he could bring in his coaches during the "time" from the illegal knee. dude has been fighting for 15 years and lost all respect taking the W through DQ. This guy hanging out with Weidman lately or something? Weidman tried that shit with Mousasi.

I respect his decision just not the acting like he is ready to die in the cage.

Back