The Cheap Shot and The Cheap Win

Did you lose respect for Diego Sanchez (DQ win)?

• Total voters
That was disgraceful. Yes, the knee was big, but he clearly sought for a way out. That was cowardly and shitty. Sanchez was not in that fight. He looked atrocious and did not deserve to win.

I hope he gets cut.
i hope he gets cut and gets sent to OneFC where no mercy will be put on his coward ass. Some no name Filipino dude with a skullet will beat his head in with a bunch of "illegal" knees.

the fact that Diego asked Herzog what would happen if he couldn't continue proves that Diego could have continued and didn't want to. the guy took the easy way out. He also asked if he could bring in his coaches during the "time" from the illegal knee. dude has been fighting for 15 years and lost all respect taking the W through DQ. This guy hanging out with Weidman lately or something? Weidman tried that shit with Mousasi.

The guy took the smart way out. He was going to lose that fight. So why not take the win in anyway possible, especially if you get bonus money for winning.

So I take it you wouldn't have quit in that position?

The guy took the smart way out. He was going to lose that fight. So why not take the win in anyway possible, especially if you get bonus money for winning.

So I take it you wouldn't have quit in that position?
depends. is my career spiraling downwards? do i have CTE? was I dumb enough to hire a team of guru wish washy losers?
Winning this fight the way he did might not do him favors. Watch the UFC match him with some animal now.

Weidman tried this shit with Mousasi and look what happened.

That was a flagrant foul, he got a nasty cut from it and is most likely concussed. There is no way you can quickly recover from a dead-on full blast illegal knee to your head. His brain was rattled.

That should be an automatic DQ.
Correct

cowards way out, somewhere anthony is shaking his head
It's one of his last fights as he's pushing 40 and will have to live with brain damage. I think he would have done himself a disservice not to collect

It was a massive ILLEGAL knee to the head.

It’s a game changing strike. Who knows what would have happened without it.

You can say he was losing anyway. But an illegal strike like that should be an auto DQ.

No questions asked.

Now on the other hand, I don’t think those type of strikes should be illegal so there is that too

i dont blame diego the man is 38 years old, has a 6 year old daughter ,is probably the breadwinner for his family so him taking the dq gives him a win bonus which means more money

all continuing the fight would of done would be more of an ass whooping and less money

diego has been entertaining fans for 18 years get that money
giphy.gif

That knee cost Diego a lot of his last brain cells. It was also the only way he was going to win that fight. Im not surprised he went that way. He also probably needs the $&

I love watching all newbies turn on all the old guard hate him or love him D been around you know...

The amount of CTE that guy has taken for our entertainment is more than enough. Let the dude get a win bonus in the twighlight of his career

Lol old guard? Buddy that's like arlovski. Not Diego
u better look up how long Diego been throwing down for us...yes his crazy thats why we love him is old now yeah,,, so what better then new breed,,,

u better look up how long Diego been throwing down for us...yes his crazy thats why we love him is old now yeah,,, so what better then new breed,,,
You better look up andrei arlovskis career bro. Don't give a fuck about diego.

I wouldn't say it like that.

But it's changed.

Diego took the choice that involved not volunteering to lose money so he could take more brain damage.

I agree with that choice for him.

Ref shouldn’t tell the fighter they’ll win by DQ if they say they can’t continue, that’s my biggest problem with this. But the fact Diego had the capacity to even ask the ref what the result will be if he stops tells me he was fine

Diego stinks now and needs to retire. Imagine gloating this as a victory. Awful performance from him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back