The border wall.

Let me ask ya a question;

Could a child get over that wall?
How about a pregnant woman?
Or someone old?
Or someone who is not well?

Let me ask ya another question;

Which would be easier?

Climbing the wall...or simply walking across?

You are operating in libtard logic land. You may wanna relocate. lol.
Yes yes, let's make sure we stop the people we universally agree could need to find asylum and make sure only the real hardened criminals are able to get across. Yes yes, good good

could've cut a bar with a $100 reciprocating saw, bent it out of the way and let a few families through if they can't climb. that's how they've been getting through recently. i never thought of using a sawzall because i've only used one to cut perspex or sheet metal, always had it in my head to use a grinder on box steel.

an actual concrete wall with nothing to grab would've avoided this
they had rope, they were going to climb it. Add barb wire to the top to make it more fun for them. sawzall is a crap tool to saw through steel, and any steel that's filled with concrete (likely these bars), extremely tough to get through, and impossible with portable power tools.

OK, Fine! Just let everyone flood the UNited States....i'm sure that will end well.

People have been cutting through it too. Sorry, but the point of a wall is that it isn't a patchwork, and you're in areas where technology can't be a solution. But alas, Mexicans have discovered the technology known as a tunnel, thus circumventing the patchwork fencing in another way.
the fact that they have to build a tunnel that takes months to build and minutes to fill would be concession that a wall is doing it's job. A tunnel is a huge project to undertake and it cuts out 99.9% of the potential illegal immigrants off the table, well worth the price of the wall. Most folks would not be able to dig ditches for foundation, good luck with that tunnel. If the wall is what turns crossing the border from near instant access to thousands of man hours, it's done a great job slowing those folks down.

they had rope, they were going to climb it. Add barb wire to the top to make it more fun for them. sawzall is a crap tool to saw through steel, and any steel that's filled with concrete (likely these bars), extremely tough to get through, and impossible with portable power tools.
it's not the first tool i'd pick but that's what they've been using. the steel itself is nothing special, mild steel and not very thick wall, but i was surprised it handled the concrete. the length of the box section with no joining supports is what lets them bend it out of the way

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rs-sawing-power-tools-us-mexico-a9182551.html

like i said, a proper concrete wall would've done the job right, if only able climbers get over you're still keeping the numbers down

Dont worry about that citizen. Just hand over your 16 billion dollars per mile in taxes so we can keep you safe!

Don't worry about that citizen just pay your taxes so we can pay for every foreign national.

the fact that they have to build a tunnel that takes months to build and minutes to fill would be concession that a wall is doing it's job. A tunnel is a huge project to undertake and it cuts out 99.9% of the potential illegal immigrants off the table, well worth the price of the wall. Most folks would not be able to dig ditches for foundation, good luck with that tunnel. If the wall is what turns crossing the border from near instant access to thousands of man hours, it's done a great job slowing those folks down.

The cartels and other smugglers build tunnels not specifically for walls, but to avoid satellites and drones. The wall is a gangplank, absent a board to step past, ie any sort of policy that isn't just patching up little parts of the border with an overpriced wall the military has to pay for.

it's not the first tool i'd pick but that's what they've been using. the steel itself is nothing special, mild steel and not very thick wall, but i was surprised it handled the concrete. the length of the box section with no joining supports is what lets them bend it out of the way

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rs-sawing-power-tools-us-mexico-a9182551.html

like i said, a proper concrete wall would've done the job right, if only able climbers get over you're still keeping the numbers down
concrete wall, you wont be able to see these guys when patrolling, they'de have the jump on you.

I'm still not buying that you can cut through as fast as they claim. Steel is a bitch to cut through any way you slice it. I have some diablo blades mentioned in the article, and they do cut steel, but it gets tougher the wider the base is, and if it's filled with concrete, it's game over. I dont know how that particular wall was constructed, but there have been prototypes of concrete filled walls, you would only need it filled half way to make it work, if it were hollow, a car could damage it enough to get through, no need to cut.

are these smugglers driving around with very loud power generators that are needed to cut through the walls? Aint no battery pack getting through that. It's absolutely wishful thinking that anyone from mexico can buy a $100 tool and get through these bars. If that were the case, these guys in the video wouldnt be climbing.

The cartels and other smugglers build tunnels not specifically for walls, but to avoid satellites and drones. The wall is a gangplank, absent a board to step past, ie any sort of policy that isn't just patching up little parts of the border with an overpriced wall the military has to pay for.
we spend a 100B a year on illegal immigrants, and you're crying about costs of a wall? Trump has been president 3 years, that's 300B on illegal immigrants.

The left should just admit they want open boarders no reason to hide

we spend a 100B a year on illegal immigrants, and you're crying about costs of a wall? Trump has been president 3 years, that's 300B on illegal immigrants.
Great job trump!

concrete wall, you wont be able to see these guys when patrolling, they'de have the jump on you.

I'm still not buying that you can cut through as fast as they claim. Steel is a bitch to cut through any way you slice it. I have some diablo blades mentioned in the article, and they do cut steel, but it gets tougher the wider the base is, and if it's filled with concrete, it's game over. I dont know how that particular wall was constructed, but there have been prototypes of concrete filled walls, you would only need it filled half way to make it work, if it were hollow, a car could damage it enough to get through, no need to cut.

are these smugglers driving around with very loud power generators that are needed to cut through the walls? Aint no battery pack getting through that. It's absolutely wishful thinking that anyone from mexico can buy a $100 tool and get through these bars. If that were the case, these guys in the video wouldnt be climbing.
mild steel is not hard to cut, it really isn't special at all just box section, 2.5mm thick at best. if these certain blades will cut concrete too then there you go.

you can for sure get through that with a battery powered tool. is wired better? of course. but you only need to cut one, and it's quieter than a grinder so you can take a few minutes

it's not unbelievable to me at all so let's call it a difference of opinion

The Heritage foundation did a study placing it at around 54bil after tax payments by these people are accounted for.

6 years ago, but still.
https://www.heritage.org/immigratio...lawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

Trump gave the rich a 1.2 trillion dollar tax cut during a boom period, ramped up defense spending. I mean shit, Lockheed alone made around 48bil in 2017 by sucking off the taxpayer tit. One company. Yet, when the corporate boot stands on your neck, many of us can be so easily cajoled by a demagogue billionaire who tells you it's the brown folks at fault for the state of the nation, not generations of pilfering from the rentier class...........

If there was a croc infested moat, they would have had a chance.

The Heritage foundation did a study placing it at around 54bil after tax payments by these people are accounted for.

6 years ago, but still.
https://www.heritage.org/immigratio...lawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

Trump gave the rich a 1.2 trillion dollar tax cut during a boom period, ramped up defense spending. I mean shit, Lockheed alone made around 48bil in 2017 by sucking off the taxpayer tit. One company. Yet, when the corporate boot stands on your neck, many of us can be so easily cajoled by a demagogue billionaire who tells you it's the brown folks at fault for the state of the nation, not generations of pilfering from the rentier class...........
https://www.fairus.org/issue/public...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
this puts it at 116B a year.

I've read of some studies that DONT put kids of illegals in the equation and that's probably how you come up with 54B OR in other articles, saying that kids from illegals end up paying for themselves.... F_CK that.

as for the rich getting theirs.... when has that ever not been the case? I'm nowhere near rich, and my tax returns jumped a few thousand after trump's child credit, so it seems like more than just rich people are getting money back....

https://www.fairus.org/issue/public...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
this puts it at 116B a year.

I've read of some studies that DONT put kids of illegals in the equation and that's probably how you come up with 54B OR in other articles, saying that kids from illegals end up paying for themselves.... F_CK that.

as for the rich getting theirs.... when has that ever not been the case? I'm nowhere near rich, and my tax returns jumped a few thousand after trump's child credit, so it seems like more than just rich people are getting money back....

Take it up to 150bil, it still doesn't touch the economic impact of his tax cuts, trade wars and bargain basement fiscal strategies, your Bush-era "I got my 300 dollars, woooo!" sentiment. People had that sentiment, and lauded the economy while it was being juiced, only for it to collapse, again, from GOP fiscal policy.

Remember, Trump was going against the elites.........

Take it up to 150bil, it still doesn't touch the economic impact of his tax cuts, trade wars and bargain basement fiscal strategies, your Bush-era "I got my 300 dollars, woooo!" sentiment. People had that sentiment, and lauded the economy while it was being juiced, only for it to collapse, again, from GOP fiscal policy.

Remember, Trump was going against the elites.........
I'm not talking about hundreds, talking about thousands, and again, it's a side track issue that has little to do with our immigration issues. These are separate issues of money.

a wall is a drop in the bucket, and that's the point.

I'm not talking about hundreds, talking about thousands, and again, it's a side track issue that has little to do with our immigration issues. These are separate issues of money.

a wall is a drop in the bucket, and that's the point.

The wall has already taken billions of dollar for very little retrofitting to existing fences. Trump has given sweetheart deals to friendly companies for the construction. That is the textbook definition of massive pork barrel spending in waiting. The bill will be indefinite, however, considering a gigantic wall like what he said Mexico would pay for would require untold billions to maintain and man.

Or you could stop fucking with the economies of these countries like we have been for over 100 years, and actually address the root problem at hand ie people going to where the stolen resources from their nations flowed. Then again, that solution doesn't give demagogues a boogeyman to misdirect gullible morons with, while they and their billionaire friends pilfer the taxpayer coffers.

Looks like that pretty much clears up the issue of "family separation" if it's too difficult for women and children to climb, and the guy in the video took long enough to have a border agent waiting for him on the other side.

Back