Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
8th Democratic Primary Debate

This is the first of 3 February debates coinciding with the beginning of the primaries. The other two are scheduled for February 19 in Las Vegas, and Feb. 25 in Charleston.

The eighth Democratic Primary Debate will feature 7 candidates: Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer, and Amy Klobuchar.

From Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH.

The debate is being moderated by ABC chief anchor George Stephanopoulos, ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir and ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis. In addition, the ABC moderators will be joined by WMUR's Political Director Adam Sexton and anchor Monica Hernandez.

February 7th, 2019
Time:
8-11 p.m. ET

How to Watch
: The debate will be televised on ABC, WMUR-TV and ABC affiliate channels. It can also be accessed on ABC.com. Also, YouTube.

Format: Candidates will have one minute and 15 seconds to answer direct questions and 45 seconds for rebuttals, at the discretion of the moderators. Candidates will not make opening or closing statements, but there will be a closing question.

Qualifications: Candidates need at least 5% in four DNC-approved polls or 7% in at least two early state polls (New Hampshire, South Carolina and/or Nevada). They also need at least 225,000 unique donors with at least 1,000 unique donations in 20 states, U.S. territories or Washington D.C. *Any candidate with a state delegate won in the Iowa primary may also participate.

Last edited:
they are going to debate who won iowa

With 99% reporting, projected Iowa national delegate results:

Pete Buttigieg: 11 delegates
Bernie Sanders: 11 delegates
Elizabeth Warren: 5 delegates
Joe Biden: 2 delegates
Amy Klobuchar: 1 delegate

Current RCP average for New Hampshire:

Sanders: 26.7%
Buttigieg: 22.0%
Warren: 13.0%
Biden: 13.0%
Klobuchar: 8.0%
Gabbard: 4.7% (not attending due to severe depression over having less integrity than Mitt Romney)
Yang: 3.0%
Steyer: 2.7%

Last edited:
morning joe said if sleepy creepy "where's hunter" quid pro joe biden does bad tonight, then he is joe daddy done son

This will be a worthwhile debate to watch since there's actually been some results and not candidates just holding steady. Will the underformers in Iowa come out swinging? Will Buttigieg try to coast on his success and play it safe, or try and stomp on the gas?

Please Bernie call out some of the shitshow in the counting. Not accuse of DNC conspiracy (or hell do it, that'd be fun) but at least how that incompetence was a gift wrapped present for Trump.

What else can the left ruin ? Lol lol I kid but jeez

Wonder if Sleepy Joe will be able to wake up for this one, now that he knows he's actually floundering and not kicking the shit out of everyone.

This is going to be hilarious.

After his showing in Iowa I give Yang credit for having the courage to show his face on a national stage again.

Also, congrats to McKinsey Pete on his big win in the Hawkeye State!! The Shadow approves!

220px-WellesShadow.jpg

Shame about gabbard. I'm going to miss those pictures of Padma Lakshmi in a bikini.

I think someone told Trump that Bernie's Medicare-For-All program will have Tom Perez at the helm. :rolleyes:

Also... Is anybody going to bring up the disgraceful failure that is our government-run US military??? I mean, we can't even wage multiple wars in the ME. It's slower and more dysfunctional than my local DMV. The time to privatize the Pentagon is NOW! Competition will lead to efficiency and efficiency will spell v.i.c.t.o.r.y.

Which candidate will say shutting down travel to China is racist?

Man, what a disaster for Democrats.

A killer state of the union address during which Democrats turned moderates off with their sulking and temper tantrums, then further pushed moderates away with the shit show that was Iowa caucus.

All the whole Trump and the right get to gloat and make Democrats whine and complain even more while moderates watch.

Call him what you may, Trump consistently brings the ugly side of Democrats to the forefront.

I think someone told Trump that Bernie's Medicare-For-All program will have Tom Perez at the helm. :rolleyes:

Also... Is anybody going to bring up the disgraceful failure that is our government-run US military??? I mean, we can't even wage multiple wars in the ME. It's slower and more dysfunctional than my local DMV. The time to privatize the Pentagon is NOW! Competition will lead to efficiency and efficiency will spell v.i.c.t.o.r.y.

He's right though. Maybe if the Democrats had of had a private company build their app instead of doing it themselves it might not have been a cluster fuck. That's how it went right?

Back