The 2023 Heavies' Awards: Knockout of the Year - WINNER: EMMETT def. MITCHELL!

Imagine putting that Aguilar option up and not Emmett.

Why do we have a glaring problem here @Valhoven
Most straightforward answer is poll options were at a tipping point.

Emmett’s was a great punch but recency bias and opponent reaction are factoring in for some. Aguilar’s maybe not mechanics but execution was the superior of the two because by all accounts it would have been an easier whiff. Just an opinion.

Definitely respect what Josh got done in there; both he and Aguilar walked away with R1 deal-sealers.

Emmett’s was a great punch but recency bias and opponent reaction are factoring in for some. Aguilar’s maybe not mechanics but execution was the superior of the two because by all accounts it would have been an easier whiff. Just an opinion.

Definitely respect what Josh got done in there; both he and Aguilar walked away with R1 deal-sealers.
Aguilar's punch had the same technique you'd see in a high school scrap. Bush league.

Emmett's was textbook overhand right with much more devastating effect, against a legit opponent. Ross is a literal can.

I'm actually pretty shocked at the omission and logic here mate. But it is what it is. Cheers.

Aguilar's punch had the same technique you'd see in a high school scrap. Bush league.

Emmett's was textbook overhand right with much more devastating effect, against a legit opponent. Ross is a literal can.

I'm actually pretty shocked at the omission and logic here mate. But it is what it is. Cheers.
Mechanics were lesser, I agreed. Cheers.

would including the (popular and well-regarded) knockout break the site or something? I’m not informed about programming.

Some good choices there. My short list is Larkin, Sy, and Gaethje.

Sy's timing was perfect, and Larkin delivered as solid an elbow as can be, but I think I'd have to go with Gaethje for a couple reasons. Poirier has proven to be a hell of a competitor the past few years, and the way that Gaethje hid the kick behind the punch was perfect. Poirier even caught a piece of the kick with his hand and still went out.

would including the (popular and well-regarded) knockout break the site or something? I’m not informed about programming.

Not sure of now as I haven't tested but before the update you were limited to how many choices you could offer. Least that's what I'm recalling. Most polls I've tossed up were 2-6 choices for PBP threads and belts on the line.

Lawler is my second favorite fighter ever, and IMO, his K.O. is proof that there's "Karma Justice" in this World, so therefore, I voted for his
Fucking well deserved

The real answer tho, is Sadibou Sy, I mean, c'mon now

I voted for the old vet Robbie, that shit had me outta my seat. Larkin was good too since I'm a huge fan of his. How dare you people that voted for Justin, y'all disappoint me. 😛

Not sure of now as I haven't tested but before the update you were limited to how many choices you could offer. Least that's what I'm recalling. Most polls I've tossed up were 2-6 choices for PBP threads and belts on the line.

I mean, there’s 4 options with 0 votes currently, and several people saying in the comments Emmett’s was KOTY. You can’t tell me those options with 0 votes deserve to be in the poll, while Emmett’s KO with several informal votes doesn’t. It feels like an attempt to sway the outcome of the poll to me.

I mean, there’s 4 options with 0 votes currently, and several people saying in the comments Emmett’s was KOTY. You can’t tell me those options with 0 votes deserve to be in the poll, while Emmett’s KO with several informal votes doesn’t. It feels like an attempt to sway the outcome of the poll to me.

Not my call. Personally I would have run a round or two to get more choices in tournament style. I was jus regurgitating data crap from my experience with Polls.

<Fedor23>

I chose Emmett over Mitchell and here's why: 'Immediately upon impact, Bryce's cpu stopped processing anything not involved with essential life supporting system services and began the fight to keep Bryce's soul from leaving his body. This is evidenced from the twitching behavior on the canvas. In no shape or form did Adesayna leave Pereira fighting for his soul like that.'

Last edited:
Not backend but frontend. Media embeds per post cap at 5 and there are too many poll options as is at 15; adding another just felt criminal but I’m glad we threw it up for 16 if our users want it. It’s all about you guys at the end of the day. Like Hetfield said, nothing else matters.

Would rather have had two-thirds fewer options or even a lean 3 to focus votes, ideally.

If it proves a runaway for Broken Native, it wouldn’t make a difference but if close, could be fun to do a poll reset between top 2.

Back