Media UFC knockout of the year nominations exclude Josh Emmett

For some the significance of the KO plays a role in grading "KO of the year". The Emmett and Bonfim KOs are of low significance in regards to the upper tier of their divisions.

Especially the Bonfim one. Was cool stylistically sure but McKinney drops off a cliff every fight after round 1 and has been finished multiple times, much less impressive factoring that in.

What's with this BS? Why was Sean O'Malley included instead of Josh Emmett? He didn't even get a clean knockout. His was pretty much a standard TKO win.

Another awesome knockout that was left off was Ismael Bonfim's flying knee knockout of Terrance McKinney.

You have to ask yourself...."WTF does ESPN know about MMA"?

Nothing.

maybe because someone got so badly hurt and had a seizure at the hands of someone who MAY OR MAY NOT (wink wink wink wink cough cough nudge) be completely juiced out of his skull. we're all waiting for him to pop.

I don't understand why more people don't talk about this dude's PED use. it seriously baffles me, especially because people are so quick to call out fighters who are juicing. coming into that fight his voice was deeper than ever and his bygyno was more pronounced and developed. why is that not getting attention?
If I were 39 and fighting at that level, I'd probably go with the ones that give you great cardio. His age shows there and it wouldn't on some of the gear available.

What's with this BS? Why was Sean O'Malley included instead of Josh Emmett? He didn't even get a clean knockout. His was pretty much a standard TKO win.

Another awesome knockout that was left off was Ismael Bonfim's flying knee knockout of Terrance McKinney.

The UFC intern that compiled this video is a flat Earther

For some the significance of the KO plays a role in grading "KO of the year". The Emmett and Bonfim KOs are of low significance in regards to the upper tier of their divisions.

Especially the Bonfim one. Was cool stylistically sure but McKinney drops off a cliff every fight after round 1 and has been finished multiple times, much less impressive factoring that in.
Yes, but it was aesthetically perfect. Such a great KO.

Aguilar/Ross

giphy.gif

source.gif

Would have said the significance of the KO was a primary factor but they got Bonfim's KO of T-Wrecks in there so I don't know.

A subjective list left in the hands of an intern methinks.

Probably didn't wanna show off the short notice replacement KTFO that ended in major neurological damage and a full grand mal seizure lol

Bad optics
I only recall that happening one other time, at UFC 6? The fight with Tank Abbot vs. the Hawaiian Bone breaker. Tank was mocking him.

This shouldn't matter considering Edson Barboza v Terry Etim was the consensus knockout of the year in 2012 and neither of them were even ranked. There are other examples as well. Doesn't really explain why a TKO was nominated. Only reason I can think of is they were trying to appeal to zoomers on social media.

Back