The 2022 Heavies' Awards - Poster of the Year (FrankieNYC Award) FINALS - Winner: BoxerMaurits

You have two (2) VOTES. Who is your 2022 Heavies' Poster of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@NoSmilez @Dorkman @dc007 @Brom Bones
@Paynebringer @H41ph_84k3d @MXZT @oscerthegrouch
@Prologue @315MMAFighter @Clippy @rj144 @Kenny Powerth
@Bowel-forged Stool @BroRogan @runjay @Crazy Librarian @SwanStyle @omawho402 @TIMELESS TRUTH
Thank you guys for having placed your vote on a cat
b8c864071150cb43902bb8e138d3dc57.gif

@TempleoftheDog check your PM for a late Christmas present since you asked nicely and all^^ :D
Hopefully I didn't miss anyone who voted Shercat?
e4c34ca6f787cb58676325e20c0189d4.jpg
Tired cat needs to go to bed :D
You've always been cool peoples Clem. Have a good 1 today! Cheers to a AWESOME 2023!!

Last edited:
Some of you may not know much about @FrankieNYC and why the award is named after him. I'd like to share some personal reflections.

FrankieNYC knew an enormous amount about MMA and particularly the media and business side of things. He freely shared everything he knew and his comments were pertinent to the conversations based on his inside knowledge. Frankie often said hello friend when addressing people and had a positive attitude. At the same time he was a private person. He did not gladly suffer fools or obnoxious mofos.

He visited a hospital a number of times before he passed and rarely complained about it other than sometimes mention if he was about to head to sleep. When he would get out of the hospital he never mentioned it. He would post statistics that charted things like the growing popularity of MMA worldwide, contract language about television deals, things of that nature.

His last night posting here he was back in hospital. At somewhere around 2 or 3 am EST I could sense he was nearing the end of his journey. We were chatting a bit. He mentioned in his usual upbeat manner that he was heading to sleep. Honestly at that moment I sensed it was our last talk. I wished him a good night's sleep and he responded by saying 'Thank you.' I will always cherish that moment.

It took a while for us to learn more - he really didn't want a bunch of fuss and many including me didn't want to pry into family matters that were personal and private. A few sherdoggers learned a bit more and while fully maintaining his privacy they confirmed that he passed.

We had a FrankieNYC remembrance thread about him here at sherdog. He was beloved. A unique character. I did a sort of vigil on that thread for a long while. At that time I rarely posted much on other threads. I was fairly new here and shy about posting. We had a limited amount of likes. I would save them up and like every post that was a reminiscence of Frankie. I liked every single post that said rest in peace for a truly kind man.

When will “Cutest E-romance” be a category?

Some of you may not know much about @FrankieNYC and why the award is named after him. I'd like to share some personal reflections.

FrankieNYC knew an enormous amount about MMA and particularly the media and business side of things. He freely shared everything he knew and often made comments that were pertinent to the conversations based on his clearly inside knowledge. Frankie often said hello friend when addressing people and had a very positive attitude. At the same time he was a very private person. He visited a hospital a number of times before he passed and rarely complained about it other than sometimes mention if he was about to head to sleep. His last night posting here he was back in hospital and I could sense he was nearing the end of his journey. I wished him a good night's sleep and he responded by saying 'Thank you.' It took a while for us to learn more - he really didn't want a bunch of fuss and many including me didn't want to pry into family matters that were clearly quite personal and private to him. Eventually though a few sherdoggers learned a bit more and while fully maintaining his privacy posted a few more details that confirmed he passed.

We had a remembrance thread about him here at sherdog. He was truly beloved. A unique character. I did a sort of vigil on that thread for a long while. At that time I rarely posted much on other threads. I was fairly new here and shy about posting. At that time we had a limited amount of likes. I would save them up and like every post that was a reminiscence of Frankie. I liked every single post that said rest in peace for a truly kind man.

R.I.P Frankie, wish I had a chance to chat with you sir.

(Bows in respect)

I'm serious as a heart attack on this - I'll even come drop it to you somewhere in town before you go to the event if you want - we can do an "I met @BoxerMaurits at a train station" thread before I head off to cage warriors while you're chilling with Overeem.

Wish I'd got my shit together on those pre-release tickets... Was a week late.

Last edited:
Voted for @Kryptt & @Hellowhosthat at the start of the thread
[after much deliberation, There was a groupe of 4 that I didn't want to split, but I had to do it <mma1>

Anyway, dem both guys really helped me to easily keep in touch with Non-UFC Worldwide MMA (the number of Shooto Brazil & Jungle Fights events, plus the J-MMA and some of the European Cards I would have missed without Kryptt... and I'd learn plenty from Hellowisthat about the fighters about to compete in those events...)

I'd fun to watch future stars at the start of their career, even if most of my of my picks weren't exactly awe-inspiring.

Just a small tribute to @pankrat (been banned for a couple days now) and @Idonotbelieveit (been banned longer) , 2 old school dudes with whom I'd sometimes butt heads with, but they were very knowledgeable, what they were discussing so it was always the spark of creative discussions about the oldest + oddest aspects of MMA.

Keep up the good work sherbros (and Clem! I've met so many Clémentine in France, it became my favorite fruit; cheers poupée)
Thank you very much my friend

happy new year mate

This shit is tight.

I’ve been thinking about it since yesterday. So many worthy of the title (lol.. my gf came over this morning, and I was talking to her about it. Had a fucking blow up with my probation officer today.. I asked my gf if she’d like to come with me to the meeting. I wanted her opinion of my PO. I tell her everything. But it’s not the same as actually seeing it for yourself, right? Of course, being the amazing woman she is, she said yes.. 90 fucking minutes. PO was offended when I asked her if she was retarded.. My gf couldn’t help it. She almost busted a gut. In the end it was all good though, and I did apologize).

I have reasons to vote for all of you.

I don’t want to offend anybody. I’ll make my choices tomorrow. But it’s no fucking joke.

There can be only one.

Edit.

My PO is a woman. I just read this back and see that wasn’t clear. My PO was the person I asked if she was retarded. Not my amazingly wonderful GF. I hope nobody took that wrong.

Last edited:
I do admire the considerable effort & details you put into creating these posts. This is not the work of 5 minutes, nope, not at all.

-- you're a scholar and a gentleman and an asset to these forums. Whatever they're paying you it's not enough. :D
Absolutely this. The effort gio has put into these threads is incredible. The presentation is wonderful.

@giovanni_ss great job at running this event. Thank you for putting in the work.

Back