The 10th Republican Presidential Debate 2016 by CNN/Telemundo [Feb 25][8:30pm EST]

UPDATE: 9:56 p.m. EST -- GOP front-runner Donald Trump was asked how he would cut spending and trim the national debt. He said he would "cut so much your head will spin" and blamed alleged over-spending on "waste, fraud and abuse."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he has experiencing balancing the budget and said it's not just about cutting, but also "innovation" and creating better opportuntiies. He said he's created hundreds of thousands of jobs in Ohio and has managed to diversify the economy.

"I will go back to Washington and do it again for the American people," he said.

Yes!! another republican debate.

Like being at Barnum and Baileys but from the comfort of my home.

Any one find it weird a billionaire look like he cares more about poor sick people what not then politicians who's whole shpiel is pretending the care about people.

Any one find it weird a billionaire look like he cares more about poor sick people what not then politicians who's whole shpiel is pretending the care about people.

I think the other candidates want details and how he is going to take care of (pay for in the budget) these "people on the streets." Trump said something about cutting deals with doctors and hospitals, but it didn't get much past that.

Trump: I can't release tax returns because I'm being audited

Trump is asked about Mitt Romney’s assertion that there is a “bombshell” in Trump’s taxes, pertaining perhaps to his wealth or charitable giving being smaller than he makes out.

“I was the first one to file a financial disclosure form... You don’t learn anything about someone’s wealth from a tax return.... people were shocked,” Trump says.

“I will say this. Mitt Romney looked like a fool when he delayed and delayed and delayed, and Harry Reid baited him so beautifully” on releasing his tax returns.

“As far as my return, I want to file them. Except for...I will absolutely give my returns but I’m being audited now for two or three years. So I can’t” turn over the returns until the audit is through.

Trump is pressed by a moderator.

“I want to release my tax returns, but I can’t release them if I’m under an audit,” Trump says. “We’re under a routine audit. As soon as the audit is done” I’ll releasing them.

Question goes to Rubio. When will you release your returns?

He answers simply: “Tomorrow or Saturday... and luckily I’m not being audited this year, or last year.”

Cruz then hits Trump over his admission that he’s being audited.

“Donald says he’s being audited. Well I would think that would underscore the need to see those returns.”

Cruz pieced him up hard with the image of a candidate taking the stand in a fraud case during a general election.

Drop the whole tax return argument and get back to issues and policy.

Here's the thing- Kaisich always impresses me in his ability to speak cogently and to not get baited into the histrionics and mudslinging.

I know Trump and Vinny Mac are friends, but seriously watching him is like some WWE shit. "Your radio program doesn't have a lot of listeners first of all so that's a good thing. It's true. Check the ratings.

UPDATE: 9:56 p.m. EST -- GOP front-runner Donald Trump was asked how he would cut spending and trim the national debt. He said he would "cut so much your head will spin" and blamed alleged over-spending on "waste, fraud and abuse."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said he has experiencing balancing the budget and said it's not just about cutting, but also "innovation" and creating better opportuntiies. He said he's created hundreds of thousands of jobs in Ohio and has managed to diversify the economy.

"I will go back to Washington and do it again for the American people," he said.

Kasich making some sense out of the freak show. Won't be nominated.

I think the other candidates want details and how he is going to take care of (pay for in the budget) these "people on the streets." Trump said something about cutting deals with doctors and hospitals, but it didn't get much past that.

I know but it came of as he cares and they don't, they are attacking him but making them selves look no better.

All one had to so is say i would not let any one die on the street also. neither did.

they're trying to entrap him by admitting he would publicly fund it. Which shows you just how immoral this party is.

It's like Rubio and Cruz finally woke up and realized they have to attack Trump. About damn time

It will be hilarious if Trump's liberal stances are a hit with the electorate and he keeps moving the goal posts of GOP electability by himself. Cant stump the Trump, indeed.

Seems like Cruz and Rubio have an agreement to go after Trump here to me.

He is the frontrunner and was largely left to spar with Jeb the lay debates. They'd be dumb at this point not to go after the guy who just got 40% of the vote. It may already be too late for them

Here's the thing- Kaisich always impresses me in his ability to speak cogently and to not get baited into the histrionics and mudslinging.

I know Trump and Vinny Mac are friends, but seriously watching him is like some WWE shit. "Your radio program doesn't have a lot of listeners first of all so that's a good thing. It's true. Check the ratings.

wwe tactics work on people, no matter how right a person could be tell people that hes poor or struggling or his show gets low ratings and they will dismiss him.

10:05 pm

Trump is comparing his poll numbers with Cruz: “A poll just came out in Bloomberg where I’m beating him so badly, I’m embarrassed.”

“Hillary Clinton, take a look at USA Today... I beat her and I beat her badly... and I haven’t even started with her...”

Trump said he mixed it up with her a few weeks ago when her camp accused him of being sexist, “and believe me, they had a rough weekend that weekend, between Bill and Hillary, they had a rough weekend.”

Cruz then jumps in and accuses Trump of being a past Clinton admirer.

“On substance, how do we nominate a candidate who said Hillary Clinton was the best secretary of state of modern times?” Cruz asks.

Cruz says Trump “can’t take it to [Clinton] and beat her on the debate stage and the polls.”

Trump’s reply is sharp and is cheered loudly:

“If I can’t beat her you’re really going to get killed won’t you,” he says.

Then Trump pats Rubio and Cruz on the head:

"I know you’re embarrassed, I know you’re embarrassed. Keep fighting keep swinging. Swing for the fences. Swing for the fences."

Back