The 10th Republican Presidential Debate 2016 by CNN/Telemundo [Feb 25][8:30pm EST]

I am not american but i am really sad with this election.
It is looking like a third world country election ( and i am expert on this, since i am from Brazil) Trump speaks like president Camacho from idiocracy , Cruz is a religious zealot, Sanders reminds me of Hugo Chavez or any crazy bolivarian commander, Clinton is a pathological liar, Rubio, for me, is the less worse of the choices;-but against Trump i would vote for anyone even for Sanders.

Is it fair to say that we have a lot more registered Democrats in the WR tuning in to watch the Bi-monthly Battle Royale mayhem that is the Republican debates than the civilized flip-flopping symphony on the Democratic side?

There are a lot fewer debates on the DNC side, and yet those PBP discussion threads are usually a barren wasteland, with like 5 guys talking to each other. I don't even bother making those threads anymore, because even the registered Democrats in this neighborhood couldn't care less about watching Bernie dance with Hillary.

Incidentally, there's also a MASSIVE drop in Democratic voters coming out to vote in the primaries, along with the declining Democratic debate viewerships. That's not good.

But then here's the kicker: even the Democrats who skips on watching the Democratic debates (and repeatedly said they hate the GOP's "circus" and "shit show") will take the time to watch each and every GOP show-down, from the beginning til the end, and then come into the PBP discussion after it's over to express their intense displeasure with the barbaric, no-holds-barred savagery they've just witnessed, all while knowing very well they will be back again for more in two weeks.

Very, very strange indeed.

The TV ratings are out, and there were nearly twice as many viewers yesterday compare to the latest Democratic debate.

CNN is grateful for all the Trump-hating Bernie and Hillary fans who were once again captivated by the latest exciting episode of Republican Battle Royale, despite repeatedly trying to convince other people that they actually hated and disgusted by this "circus", each and every time.

And to the network execs over at NBC who got their GOP debate taken away and given to CNN after the previous fiasco: sucks to be you!

---

GOP fight night drew 14.5 million, biggest debate audience since December
February 26​

Thursday's GOP fight night averaged 14.5 million viewers across CNN and Telemundo, the biggest total audience for any debate since last December.

According to overnight Nielsen ratings, 13.2 million watched on CNN and 1.3 million watched the Spanish-language broadcast on Telemundo.

For perspective's sake, the most recent Democratic debate, on PBS and CNN, had a combined audience of 8 million.

The ratings confirm that there was intense interest in Thursday's GOP match-up. The debate handily beat another televised competition, "American Idol," which had about 8.7 million viewers. In fact, the only higher-rated show on TV on Thursday was "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS, which averaged 15.7 million viewers.

The combined 14.5 million for CNN and Telemundo ranks as the highest-rated debate since CNN's GOP forum in Las Vegas in mid-December, which had 18 million viewers. Both debates were moderated by Wolf Blitzer.

Earlier this month CBS averaged 13.5 million viewers and ABC averaged 13.3 million for a pair of Saturday night GOP debates.

The other Republican debates so far this year have averaged 11 million (on Fox Business in mid January) and 12.5 million (on Fox News in late January).

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/26/media/republican-debate-cnn-telemundo-ratings/

Last edited:
I am not american but i am really sad with this election.
It is looking like a third world country election ( and i am expert on this, since i am from Brazil) Trump speaks like president Camacho from idiocracy , Cruz is a religious zealot, Sanders reminds me of Hugo Chavez or any crazy bolivarian commander, Clinton is a pathological liar, Rubio, for me, is the less worse of the choices;-but against Trump i would vote for anyone even for Sanders.

It really show how bad things in Murka are when guys like Sanders and Trump are commanding support and votes.

The reason it sounds like a 3rd world country election is because the US is a 3rd world country, they just havent admitted it yet. However, there are already people admitting its an oligarchy. In a few years expect a Princeton study released with the title 'Princeton scholars declare US is 3rd world, not first world.'

Man, there is just such a repugnant irony of bible thumpers Rubio and Cruz in that segment where Trump said he won't let sick people die on the streets.

Just a sad sad moment. Trump may come across like an asshole a lot of the time, but that part really made Cruz looks like a wolf in sheep's clothing. I would never EVER vote for that clown.

It really show how bad things in Murka are when guys like Sanders and Trump are commanding support and votes.

The reason it sounds like a 3rd world country election is because the US is a 3rd world country, they just havent admitted it yet. However, there are already people admitting its an oligarchy. In a few years expect a Princeton study released with the title 'Princeton scholars declare US is 3rd world, not first world.'
No it is not.
United states is a country where you can have a decent living even being a construction worker.The standard of ''poorness'' in united states is unattainable for a large part of the brazilian MIDDLE CLASS.

Most people here, and i am talking lawyers, bankers and so on( not construction workers),cannot afford air conditioning at home, cannot afford big cars, cannot afford video games.

When i lived in united states the difference in standard of living was SHOCKING, it was much bigger than i ever thought. I felt tempted in staying and becoming an illegal immigrant, but being middle class in brazil i felt it was not worth it, i think i can move there legally, eventually.

This is possibly the most retarded post in this entire thread, even by the low standard set by Sohei.

I have volunteered in Southeast Asia and Africa, and you pampered bitches can't even imagine what a real 3rd-world country is like.

Try living in a village straight out of the 19th century, houses are built with straw roofs and adobe walls, with no electricity, no plumbing, no gas, no appliances, the only water well is half an hour walk away and people carry it home daily in buckets, drinking water needs to be boiled to kill off bacterias and parasites, meals are cooked over wooden stove, oil lamps are used for lighting, you must sleep inside a mosquito net or be drained empty by a cloud of blood-suckers, old newspaper is considered premium-grade toilet paper, clothes are washed by hand and hang to dry on a rope, and the most treasured piece of family heirloom is a rusty bicycle with a worned down chain that fall out of its sprocket every mile. THEN you can talk about the 3rd world.

No matter which candidate will become the next President of the United States, it's still going to be the de facto leader of the free world and the awesome land of opportunity that most of the 7 billion people around the world yearn for.

Now take your utter ignorance and get out. Don't come back for the next pbp discussion either.

Last edited:
Back