Thanksgiving is racist

Whites used to (some still do?) treat minorities and Indigenous like they were not people. Most if not all ideas, including holidays were based on this belief. Its not their fault all your shit is based on those ideas?

I find poor, bitter, white people, funny. Imagine your family having access to all that power, things like being able to literally OWN other people, and you still sound poor and bitter about history and how things are now.

"Isn't all White holidays racist these days?" LOL Give me a fuckin break.

If you are white and poor/bitter about things like this, you have no one to blame but your ancestors and yourself.

And if you're some how NOT white, well, I don't know what to tell you, except you must be very lucky, a very hard worker, or some mixture to not feel the effects and to make a statement like this one.

Now come back at me about some bullshit about how hard it was for your white ass family coming up or some other shit response. LOL

Im going to try and find a video I've seen before with some hick bitching about how slaves were too expensive for his family to own when confronted with comments such as mine here. Fuckin Hilarious.

the only one here who sounds bitter and angry is you, happy holidays and go get some turkey. BTY Im white, my wife is black/indian and she LOVES thanksgiving. Oh and people of ALL colors have OWNED people, dont be such a moron

the only one here who sounds bitter and angry is you, happy holidays and go get some turkey. BTY Im white, my wife is black/indian and she LOVES thanksgiving. Oh and people of ALL colors have OWNED people, dont be such a moron
So those must be your daughters in your av then. Nice work! Definitely wood.

Dont get me started on Christmas. I mean I am dreaming of a white Christmas. Its not even hidden
tenor.gif

The most egregious part about Thanksgiving is the turkey. Turkey is dry and bland. Those natives should've given the pilgrims black forest hams or beef instead

Not a big turkey fan myself but I've found that 1) brining is a must and 2) smoking or deep frying the turkey is the way to go.

I love thanksgiving. I get to spend the day with family and get to eat great food. Don’t care what other people do or don’t do on that day.

No loss to your table TS, they sound like assholes. The world has always been about survival of the fittest/smartest. Woke people conveniently ignore that no nation started without bloodshed. White people didn’t sail to Africa and steal black people. They bought them from other black people. Africa and the Middle East still practice slave trade. Native tribes butchered each other. The hypocrisy of woke people is unreal.

no idea wtf woke is, but dont give them heathens any f'ing turkey.

The most egregious part about Thanksgiving is the turkey. Turkey is dry and bland. Those natives should've given the pilgrims black forest hams or beef instead

You should brine the turkey, that’s what I do, I actually don’t eat it but everyone says it’s way better that way, moist and salty

That's the holiday spirit.

I'm glad I don't have to party with my coworkers.
It’s the worst cause you find out things about them that you would have otherwise never knew about. Then Monday Morning comes around and you have to act like nothing happened.

This. However, a good cook can make a juicy bird in the oven. It is not a skill I possess

Will have to investigate "sausage cheese stuffing. My sister-in-law makes a sweet potato (yes, this how it is spelled) dish with cinnamon, brown sugar, and marshmallows that completely eliminates the need for a pie. She has the unmitigated gall to call it a vegetable dish. I still have the pie, but I suffer no delusions about "vegetables".
LOL at that being called a vegetable. Sounds delicious though.

LOL at that being called a vegetable. Sounds delicious though.
I love the green bean casserole (cream of mushroom, fried onions, cheese) and 7 layer salad (cheese, bacon, unknown creamy dressing). Again, many additions to the base vegetables that tilt away from the healthy, but the lack of marshmallows allows me to still classify them as vegetables. I feel no guilt piling up the seconds.

To me, there are two parts to any holiday, the spirit of what is being celebrated, and the tradition or historical aspect of it.

For instance, I am an atheist. But I still celebrate Christmas. Not because I am celebrating the spirit of the holiday, but I am celebrating the tradition.

In the case of thanksgiving, the historical or traditional aspect may have stemmed from what basically amounts to genocide. But the spirit of it, giving thanks for what you have, is what most people are celebrating. I think most people would agree that isn’t racist.

Of course, a native american’s view on this would probably be more insightful.

I am native american and enjoy the shit out of thanksgiving. The past is fucked up, sure. But, we need to forgive and move on. We need to remember our history so we dont repeat it. We are living in the best country in the world. If you dont believe it, go visit some other countries.

WHO WANTS SOME PUMPKIN PIE?

Real talk, the first First Nations person to visit the Plymouth Colony walked right into the town center, and then said in English

"Greetings! Got any beer?"

Back