Thanksgiving is racist

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
According to one of my extended family members that is.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinking coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Anyone else have woke family members ducking out of Thanksgiving this year?

Last edited:
Just change it to Indigenous people day and move on.

I honestly think if Biden wins everyone's gonna drop the fake "woke" act.

The holiday isn't racist, but what they told me about it in school certainly was. When I was a kid they taught me about pilgrims and native Americans coming together in a kumbaya moment and giving thanks together. That was complete bullshit.

I will ignore the wokeness and talk about what's important... the food.

- Sausage cheese stuffing, unusual perhaps, but amazing.
- Cranberry relish
- Sweet potatoe, anyone got recipes to share?
- I have a mini oven, so will need to figure out some magic with the turkey
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Throw in a pie

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinkimg coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

I will respect them if those very people show up at your house to mooch off food without a sense of irony.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinkimg coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

lol, no. Never heard of this before and it's totally ridiculous. Don't give it a second thought.

The holiday isn't racist, but what they told me about it in school certainly was. When I was a kid they taught me about pilgrims and native Americans coming together in a kumbaya moment and giving thanks together. That was complete bullshit.
Tribes were at war.

Pilgrims took a side along with the tribe in their area.

Tribe that pilgrims teamed with had a harvest feast together.

What's racist about that?

Well... I guess they wouldn't mind working that day since the day off conflicts with their beliefs and values on it

Back