Thanksgiving is racist

What I find interesting about people calling out "woke" people is that it seems like you're mad that they're crushing your childhood history lessons and that blows your mind. A large chunk of what we were taught as children was BS. The pilgrims and Native Americans getting along, Columbus being this great person...all lies.

Can some of the "wokeness" get annoying? Sure. But don't be mad at them. Be mad that the education system is blatantly trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and have been for years.

What garbage school did you go to? I learned the truth to some degree starting in elementary school. By 8th grade american history we were full into the reality of what colonization was like.

What I find interesting about people calling out "woke" people is that it seems like you're mad that they're crushing your childhood history lessons and that blows your mind. A large chunk of what we were taught as children was BS. The pilgrims and Native Americans getting along, Columbus being this great person...all lies.

Can some of the "wokeness" get annoying? Sure. But don't be mad at them. Be mad that the education system is blatantly trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and have been for years.

In Québec it's a bit différent. The loudest Natives group we have here are the Mohawks who not only are not even from Québec but also raged genocide on some other groups, including the Hurons and the Mikmaks. These two people were offered shelter on New France land to protect them against the English backed murderous Iroquois (the worst of all are the Mohawks).

So when descendants of these decimated people invoke some "Natives solidarity" against the Whites and would prefer to team up with the descendants of the people that slaughtered them, I just have to cringe and suggest them to research their own history before talking shit.

Pumpkin pie with a hot cup of coffee on a cold November morning is just fantastic.

Thanksgiving isnt "racist" in terms of the meaning of giving thanks.

I know people who burn USA flags in solidarity with the Native American genocide, which I have no problem with.

I celebrate Thanksgiving for the sole meaning of giving thanks, and nothing to do with our history

In Québec it's a bit différent. The loudest Natives group we have here are the Mohawks who not only are not even from Québec but also raged genocide on some other groups, including the Hurons and the Mikmaks. These two people were offered shelter on New France land to protect them against the English backed murderous Iroquois (the worst of all are the Mohawks).

So when descendants of these decimated people invoke some "Natives solidarity" against the Whites and would prefer to team up with the descendants of the people that slaughtered them, I just have to cringe and suggest them to research their own history before talking shit.

My relatives bitch about the Black Hills. They won't talk about how they Deebo'ed that shit from a few other tribes that were for the most part, sharing it.

According to one of my extended family members that is.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinkimg coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Anyone else have woke family members ducking out of Thanksgiving this year?
Tell them you are cancelling sports like the 100m sprint and nba due to racism.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinkimg coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Leftist woke politics has infected too many people and it ruins everything.

Thanksgiving was the Indians and Pilgrims as friends having a feast together and thanking God for their blessings.

The Left wants to corrupt everything pure and good and call it racist.

Leftist woke politics has infected too many people and it ruins everything.

Thanksgiving was the Indians and Pilgrims as friends having a feast together and thanking God for their blessings.

The Left wants to corrupt everything pure and good and call it racist.
That’s like saying “the right wants to kick out minorities and create a white ethno-state.”

There are very few people in the fringes of the left side of the political spectrum who I am sure have some real problem with celebrating thanksgiving because of whatever (that is different than simply pointing out that the history of thanksgiving may give it different meaning to native Americans, btw). Just like there are people on the fringes of the right side of the political spectrum that actually do want to kick out minorities and create a white ethno-state in Nebraska or whatever.

The fact is that the majority of people on either side doesn’t believe that stuff, no matter how many threads are created about it, tweets are written about it, or whatever.

Here you go

I thought Necromancy was for Halloween, not Thanksgiving?

EPRf.gif

The first Thanksgiving is one of the earliest myths that our country was founded on.

what never made sense to me is how they used the fish to plant the corn!?

Wouldn't it have been more efficient to have just dried the fish?

Lol I forgot about this thread . Anyways yeah it's corny some people don't celebrate Thanksgiving well because they think it's racist Smh

<Fedor23>

Does anyone actually care about some centuries old story any more?

I mean people just use Thanksgiving as an excuse to eat like slobs and hang out with family. Kind of like Xmas... The majority of people don't give a shit about Jesus either.

I mean people just use Thanksgiving as an excuse to eat like slobs and hang out with family. Kind of like Xmas... The majority of people don't give a shit about Jesus either.
as long as you don't hate on santa then we coo'

Ritual is important and Christmas predates Jesus.

People often don't realise why it's important, ritual is often like our subconscious historical mind. We understand it on a subconscious level and celebrate the rituals even when we don't consciously appreciate the meaning.

My relatives bitch about the Black Hills. They won't talk about how they Deebo'ed that shit from a few other tribes that were for the most part, sharing it.
Sorry I don't understand your post.

Back