Thanksgiving is racist

What I find interesting about people calling out "woke" people is that it seems like you're mad that they're crushing your childhood history lessons and that blows your mind. A large chunk of what we were taught as children was BS. The pilgrims and Native Americans getting along, Columbus being this great person...all lies.

Can some of the "wokeness" get annoying? Sure. But don't be mad at them. Be mad that the education system is blatantly trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and have been for years.

What I find interesting about people calling out "woke" people is that it seems like you're mad that they're crushing your childhood history lessons and that blows your mind. A large chunk of what we were taught as children was BS. The pilgrims and Native Americans getting along, Columbus being this great person...all lies.

Can some of the "wokeness" get annoying? Sure. But don't be mad at them. Be mad that the education system is blatantly trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and have been for years.

Why not both

I don't celebrate shit to begin with, but... Halloween is fucking gay as hell, the Native Americans were wantonly slaughtered to the point of genocide, Jesus Christ never actually existed, and Hanukkah is a fucking joke--don't even pretend. Those are all perfectly good reasons to shit all over the fall/winter holiday season.

But you're probably right about your family, though. They don't care about that at all. They just don't want to see and talk to your insufferable ass every year and they're desperate for any excuse not to.

Why not both
Because I legit think there are some people who get labeled as "woke" who are simply educators. It's similar to the whole calling someone a "snowflake." Are there some overly-sensitive people out there? Sure. But a lot of them are just raising awareness to an issue that has plagued the U.S.A. That plague is ignorance, some of it being willful ignorance.

Because I legit think there are some people who get labeled as "woke" who are simply educators. It's similar to the whole calling someone a "snowflake." Are there some overly-sensitive people out there? Sure. But a lot of them are just raising awareness to an issue that has plagued the U.S.A. That plague is ignorance, some of it being willful ignorance.

People are just worn out by the onslaught. I mean I hopped in my wife's car, starter er up, and NPR was on. There was a lady on there insisting that the word "Woman" should no longer be used as it offensive or something. Woman. It's just exhausting to hear this bullshit year after year. Maybe some of it has merit. But not nearly all of it. Sometimes ya get fed up and lose your marbles a little bit. I think mostly it's the accusatory tone that comes with a lot of it. It inspires a fuck you response.

Anyway I think the bible is dumb but I love christmas. I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

The holiday isn't racist, but what they told me about it in school certainly was. When I was a kid they taught me about pilgrims and native Americans coming together in a kumbaya moment and giving thanks together. That was complete bullshit.
Yeah well they never taught us about black wall street either

The most egregious part about Thanksgiving is the turkey. Turkey is dry and bland. Those natives should've given the pilgrims black forest hams or beef instead
You are doing turkey all wrong. How do you cook it?

I would say there is a difference between remembering the past and celebrating the past. But still, nobody is celebrating what our ancestors did to native Americans, nor are they even celebrating the people that did it. In this case, they’re just reflecting on things for which they can give thanks. I think.

Agreed. We should remember the past. We should celebrate what we are thankful for. Only fools think people are celebrating genocide. They are the basement dwellers who never get out and meet people. People bringing up shit that happened 100's of years ago is ridiculous to me. Are we going to bring up the battles that occurred on Pangaea? Like I said before, there has been some fucked up shit that happen. Lets have a nice holiday where we are thankful for the great things in our lives.

That’s our culture to have Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. More and more this Nation is coming to an end unfortunately. When you have no Boarders, Language and Culture you have No Nation. Certain political people want no boarders with that comes people that will speak all different languages and I’m not purely taking about Spanish. If you have no boarder, Brazilian, Honduran, Guatemalan, heck anyone can come in Chinese, N.Koreans, ISIS etc will make their way into what’s known as America...what will stop them? But hey these millennials knows what’s best like AOC.

Just change it to Indigenous people day and move on.

I honestly think if Biden wins everyone's gonna drop the fake "woke" act.
I thought that it was Columbus Day that is “supposed” to be changed to Indigenous People’s Day?

The most egregious part about Thanksgiving is the turkey. Turkey is dry and bland. Those natives should've given the pilgrims black forest hams or beef instead
You clearly have never had a properly cooked turkey.

People are just worn out by the onslaught. I mean I hopped in my wife's car, starter er up, and NPR was on. There was a lady on there insisting that the word "Woman" should no longer be used as it offensive or something. Woman. It's just exhausting to hear this bullshit year after year. Maybe some of it has merit. But not nearly all of it. Sometimes ya get fed up and lose your marbles a little bit. I think mostly it's the accusatory tone that comes with a lot of it. It inspires a fuck you response.

Anyway I think the bible is dumb but I love christmas. I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
Bro like legit just don’t listen

like if you don’t like that stuff change the station
I don’t understand how this could possibly bother people it’s so weird

if someone calls you an asshole and you’re not an asshole like brush it off fam

I mean people are going to see the world differently from you, that’s just life.

WTF are you talking about? Columbus was undoubtedly a great person... he may have been an evil bastard, but his life was exudes greatness--and he was the key figure in the single most significant event in human history--the rejoining of the human species. I'm not sure we should have a holiday named after him but saying he isn't great is just ridiculous.

And if you think natives and pilgrims NEVER got along, and NEVER treated each other with kindness and cooperation you are 100% wrong. That's just not how humans work, we are as inherently empathetic as we are inherently violent, it's a mixed bag. Thanksgiving seeks to celebrate the better side of our natures, and that's a good thing.

But, everything is racist. Didnt you hear?
They should definitely not take off of work for the day or two they get off of work for thanksgiving.

Welp, there's one less person you have to deal with at Thanksgiving. <45>

Don't know why or how this turned from stuffing your faces and watching football to grandstanding about politics and morals to all the relatives you only see 1-2 times a year.

And practiced human sacrifice.

Humans will human wherever the are. There's not something especially evil about white people. We're all evil.

One of my favorite myths about native people vs white people is that the natives lived in harmony with the land and resources, whereas white people exploit, overuse, and destroy natural resources.

Literally everywhere on the planet, when people show up, massive extinctions of both plant and animal life occur directly after. We see it in North America, as well as other isolated places like Madagascar or Australia.

Last edited:
Back