Thanksgiving is racist

I hope that's true. The fact that Trump did better with minorities this time than he did in 2016 makes me optimistic that wokeism is going to go away soon.

I think Trump's presidency was in part, fuel for this wokeism.
Right now twitter is all "yaaas, black queens are saving America!!!" I believe once there is no longer a boogie man people can point to it'll die down a lot.

Turkey is dry as fuck compared to most other meats. The fact that you have to cook it perfectly and baste it continuously for hours to make it moist is obvious evidence of that.
Just use a probe and foil the white meat after it has color. Impossible to fuck up

According to one of my extended family members that is.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinkimg coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Anyone else have woke family members ducking out of Thanksgiving this year?

Why do people use "woke" excuse ? History of Thanksgiving is not a positive one for the indingeous people .

Research what actually happen to them. It's just historical fact.

Now if your asking if there's anything wrong about getting the family together and being thankful I see no issue.

All holiday origins are pretty fucked up. Like Haloween coming from human sacrifice. In South america they have a holiday in tribute to columbus translated it means something like the day of the race.

It might be racist. Ive celebrated it for years and ive never had a native American over.

Turkey is dry as fuck compared to most other meats. The fact that you have to cook it perfectly and baste it continuously for hours to make it moist is obvious evidence of that.

That's what the gravy is for

These threads always start out with replies going "Haha crazy idea you are silly for wasting time on this" and then we get 1 or two replies saying they agree with the idea.

I am native american and enjoy the shit out of thanksgiving. The past is fucked up, sure. But, we need to forgive and move on. We need to remember our history so we dont repeat it. We are living in the best country in the world. If you dont believe it, go visit some other countries.

WHO WANTS SOME PUMPKIN PIE?
I would say there is a difference between remembering the past and celebrating the past. But still, nobody is celebrating what our ancestors did to native Americans, nor are they even celebrating the people that did it. In this case, they’re just reflecting on things for which they can give thanks. I think.

The most egregious part about Thanksgiving is the turkey. Turkey is dry and bland. Those natives should've given the pilgrims black forest hams or beef instead

You haven't had a turkey that was correctly cooked. Cook a turkey breast down for 12 hours at 225 degrees.

The day is for celebrating a specific day and event, not hundreds of years. It is not racist to celebrate thanksgiving imo. Now if we’re celebrating ALL the interactions between natives and the new arrivals, it would be a different story.

Thanksgiving is meant to celebrate the day we beat the Indians, we’re supposed to give thanks to the fact that we don’t have to live in apacalypto world. I don’t see how that could be racist.

The day is for celebrating a specific day and event, not hundreds of years. It is not racist to celebrate thanksgiving imo. Now if we’re celebrating ALL the interactions between natives and the new arrivals, it would be a different story.

If you’re pitching that as a new holiday I am in.

It might be racist. Ive celebrated it for years and ive never had a native American over.

You're probably just as much of a Native American as Elizabeth Warren though, so it's alright.

Back