Thanksgiving is racist

Sorry I don't understand your post.

You were talking about how they should research their history. I made a reference to my relatives and the Black Hills land claim. The Lakota drove out a few other tribes in the 18th century.

Thanksgiving isnt "racist" in terms of the meaning of giving thanks.

I know people who burn USA flags in solidarity with the Native American genocide, which I have no problem with.

I celebrate Thanksgiving for the sole meaning of giving thanks, and nothing to do with our history
So you're a hypocritical racist...

You should be ashamed

Thanksgiving is actually the only holiday I like, it's like Christmas but the weather isn't shit yet and there's no gifting arms race.

According to one of my extended family members that is.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinking coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Anyone else have woke family members ducking out of Thanksgiving this year?
Nope but if I did I wouldn't care and would be happy they are not around. I'll enjoy my turkey and delicious dinner than have drinks.

They can sit at home stewing over nothing.

isnt this a feel good holiday? seems like that. i have experienced both in america and between this one and christmas, i preferred this one. Christmas was just a consumerist dead-eyed shitshow.

To me, there are two parts to any holiday, the spirit of what is being celebrated, and the tradition or historical aspect of it.

For instance, I am an atheist. But I still celebrate Christmas. Not because I am celebrating the spirit of the holiday, but I am celebrating the tradition.

In the case of thanksgiving, the historical or traditional aspect may have stemmed from what basically amounts to genocide. But the spirit of it, giving thanks for what you have, is what most people are celebrating. I think most people would agree that isn’t racist.

Of course, a native american’s view on this would probably be more insightful.

Good post. You get to decide what it means to you.

Sorry I don't understand your post.
The Lakota tribe who lay claim to the Black Hills didn’t live there until the 1770’s. They conquered the Cheyenne, Crow, Arapaho, and Kiowa to take the Black Hills.
The Lakota are originally from Minnesota, the Cree ran them out though.

Last edited:
In Québec it's a bit différent. The loudest Natives group we have here are the Mohawks who not only are not even from Québec but also raged genocide on some other groups, including the Hurons and the Mikmaks. These two people were offered shelter on New France land to protect them against the English backed murderous Iroquois (the worst of all are the Mohawks).

So when descendants of these decimated people invoke some "Natives solidarity" against the Whites and would prefer to team up with the descendants of the people that slaughtered them, I just have to cringe and suggest them to research their own history before talking shit.

I took a wrong turn on the south shore here in Montreal and ended up at a roadblock with rifles in my face.

Kahnawake Mohawks don't fuck around.

The Lakota tribe who lay claim to the Black Hills didn’t live there until the 1770’s. They conquered the Cheyenne, Crow, Arapaho, and Kiowa to take the Black Hills.
The Lakota are originally from Minnesota, the Cree ran them out though.
So tribes conquered each other in brutal fashion but the only travesty is the final winner? I’m so confused about how the victim Olympics works

According to one of my extended family members that is.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about Thanksgiving plans and she let me know that a couple people weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family because...well, you get it.

I shrugged it off at first, but the more I thought about it the goofier it became. It's one of those things that they tell their other woke friends to feel good while texting them on their iphone, & drinking coffee from their starbucks cup LOL

Anyone else have woke family members ducking out of Thanksgiving this year?
I know some black folks that say Happy White Man Day when its Thanksgiving.

Someone just plowed through a bunch of people at a holiday parade in Wisconsin.

Lots of people hurt.

There are a growing number of woke people in our country that think Thanksgiving is a racist holiday. So you wonder if this motive is connected.

So tribes conquered each other in brutal fashion but the only travesty is the final winner? I’m so confused about how the victim Olympics works

Some tribes were very peaceful, mainly in the south east, but other tribes like the Commanche were fucking brutal. For example, they'd lop off a body part and then use a hot iron to cauterize the wound and destroy the nerve. Then lop off another body part. They'd continue the torture until the person died. Or they'd make the captive dig a whole, bury the captive from the neck down, scalp the captive, then cut off facial parts including the eyelids and leave the rest to insects. Those are just a couple of examples, they did worse than that.
Or you might be familiar with Sacagawea who helped Lewis & Clark. She was Shoshone from Idaho but was captured as a child by the Hidatsa and taken to North Dakota as a slave.

The holiday isn't racist, but what they told me about it in school certainly was. When I was a kid they taught me about pilgrims and native Americans coming together in a kumbaya moment and giving thanks together. That was complete bullshit.

The pilgrims thanked the natives for their land, and the natives thanked the pilgrims for their generous donation of small pox infected blankets.

Back