• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Systema -"A Phd for those with batchelors, you're talking to guys who haven't graduated high school"

Lol. So, you're from the WC Rabbit Punchers aka "I'm no sportsman, I train for real self-defense" club? Then, no more questions, Your Honour (c). These hands masturbations have nothing in common with combat. It is not surprising that you consider the Systema a working style.

These dumbasses do them on concrete. They seem to like getting a bonus in the form of periosteum inflammation.

If u can create power from a few inches how much more when u have range and add hip rotations?

Two or more of these punches together enough to KO you or stun you and a range punch is enough to KO so yes they do have much in common with combat. See also Vitor vs Wanderlai for a combat sport example.

Of course you can palm or elbow or chop as well if u want, many tools and they all can work if trained and used in the right situation. Martial arts is a big domain. WC has its range and specialty, its not total fighting but works for what it is designed for.

Last edited:
See also Vitor vs Wanderlai for a combat sport example.

Poor example, Vitor is very, very fast and explosive, while Wand himself is not a techie, inferior in speed. The same running around with a much more technical Lidell led Belfort to a knockdown.

Two or more of these punches together enough to KO you or stun you and a range punch is enough to KO so yes they do have much in common with combat.

Simple elbow blocks, and on your second punch your fists will be broken:

Last edited:
Poor example, Vitor is very, very fast and explosive, while Wand himself is not a techie, inferior in speed. The same running around with a much more technical Lidell led Belfort to a knockdown.

even i look fast/explosive compared to Wand

& im fat.

good video.

It’s almost 2020 and we still have people like the master. With a grand total of 0 fights

It’s almost 2020 and we still have people like the master. With a grand total of 0 fights

My first Tai Ji and Gong Fu teacher had 3 mma fights (with his debut as a win at ufc 7) .....................

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Onassis-Parungao-116

To his credit the one loss was at open weight with a massive weight disadvantage.

He recommended Judo and Boxing frequently.

He also acts in an old comedy gong fu web series with Cung Le.

Last edited:

'Elbow blocks' are not simple to do in a real fight. They are used in WC actually and I posted a vid in the BK boxing thread.
Its about timing and openings.

Well, as for origins I find it almost impossible to believe that the Russians just magically and independently invented again contact sensitivity training when no one else did. Only systema and tai chi/wing chun and internal styles have this.
Coincidence? I think not..
Only?
All European fencing traditions have this same ability (and some sport fencers also retain it).

I skipped through the first video and that it was kinda alright, then you ruined it with the Steven Seagal garage stuff in the second video

'Elbow blocks' are not simple to do in a real fight. They are used in WC actually and I posted a vid in the BK boxing thread. Its about timing and openings.

They are simple to do when your opponent throws rabbit punches, like you do, with 0 power behind them. Or when you work as the "first number" on a collision course, constantly putting pressure on your opponent and moving forward, rather than trying to catch blows on the block in defense. And WC practioners are the weakest opponents, 'cause of zero footwork and no punching power, with spanking instead of hitting.
"Elbow blocks" are the basic of the basic type of defense which is taught to newbies on there first year of training in some self-defense schools like SPAS, street-boxing, Crazy Monkey Defense, etc. Parrying, pivoting, ducking etc. considered MUCH more sophisticated in regards to elbow blocks.

S.P.A.S.

Street-boxing

Crazy Monkey Defense

If guys from Russia told that Systema doesn't Work, then doesn't work.

Only?
All European fencing traditions have this same ability (and some sport fencers also retain it).

Fencing? Check.
Contact sensitivity? Check.
Thufir Hawat? Check.

Yep, definitely Caladan.

KANLY!

Oh, no, we’re just hiding the secret secrets of secret schools so that ordinary guys from the west can’t master all these terrible secret techniques ... stop, I heard it somewhere ...

Did he used Systema?
Does he push ups on concrete barefists on knuckles?

No.

No.

He did a lot of Hung Gar and Tai Ji Quan.

And he had boxing and judo experience, which he recommend strongly for anyone looking to do mma.

When asked what the best martial art was for kids he always said judo without hesitation because all kids need to learn how to fall and he'd seen too many knuckle and hand injuries in minors overtraining hard striking styles. He was quick to point out that the epiphyseal plates don't seal up until ~ high school ages and hard striking was just inappropriate from a safety perspective before then. So yeah, he was not ever asking kids to do concrete knuckle pushups.

Really cool dude. It's been my honor to train with some guys over the years who actually did apply Chinese internal arts to live training, and they all recommended that you do live boxing and live grappling first (and continue it) or "soft" and "softhard" styles like taiji, xingyi, and bagua would have no bite. But if you could box and wrestle and do baguazhang, now we're getting interesting.

Without live training Gong Fu has no soul, it is what the Chinese derogatorily refer to as "plum flower fist". Lots of beauty and no power.

I'd think most of us here who train live would be able to agree with that wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
The Suki Double Mountain Punch is gonna change the MMA game. Wolfman for the title, via effortless flicks of the wrist.

2 The"Master"

Since your boorish post has been deleted, catch the answer:

- If you cannot perform a technical action in a sports bout with more or less free rules or in sparring, you will never perform it in a real fight. Dozens of battered so-called martial artists prove this. All real self-defense systems use full-contact sparrings in boxing, kickboxing, wrestling to prepare its students for the realities of the street. A typical excuse for all charlatans "our techniques are too deadly for sparring, so we either do everything in slow motion or don't spar at all" does not work here.
- Knuckle push-ups are performed in any sensible martial arts schools, but not on concrete surfaces, of course, because there are no fools to spoil their hands (read - a working tool) among normal fighters.
- Real fighters also like to earn money, and it’s much easier to train urban loafers - "white hucksters" in the secret martial art of the mysterious Russian SpetzNa without the risk of injuries and physical exertion than to teach some kind of mma or other martial arts.

P.S. Does yours understand me? Or is my pidgin English too bad for you? :)

Last edited:

If people (even Russians) who havent trained something comment on that art, it is of very little validity.

- see and use your own mind to observe common principles of high level martial arts.
- as has been repeatedly stated, something like systema is great if u already have skills in other arts.

- experience the art, then talk.
- do solo training in excercises of the art, then talk. E.g. kyokushin and systema both love knuckle pushups on harwood floor or concrete. Try it, then talk rather than being a keyboard warrior.

- respect a real fighter like the guy quoted in the OP, who has a far higher knowledge than u and says systema is legit at the top levels.

2 The"Master"

- If you cannot perform a technical action in a sports bout with more or less free rules or in sparring, you will never perform it in a real fight. Dozens of battered so-called martial artists prove this. All real self-defense systems use full-contact sparrings in boxing, kickboxing, wrestling to prepare its students for the realities of the street. A typical excuse for all charlatans "our techniques are too deadly for sparring, so we either do everything in slow motion or don't spar at all" does not work here.
- Knuckle push-ups are performed in any sensible martial arts schools, but not on concrete surfaces, of course, because there are no fools to spoil their hands (read - a working tool) among normal fighters.
- Real fighters also like to earn money, and it’s much easier to train urban loafers - "white hucksters" in the secret martial art of the mysterious Russian SpetzNa without the risk of injuries and physical exertion than to teach some kind of mma or other martial arts.

What you seem to fail to realize is:

1. MMA is evolving. We see TMA's being used a lot like karate, when in the early 90's it was widely considered useless an no doubt u were parrotting this line also before being forced to dance another tune. For me I observe the shift and evolution, and like to see guys like Fergusson use WC skills in the UFC even though more commonplace arts are far more widely practiced and utilized by majority of fighters. It only takes one fighter who uses something new efectively and everyones opinion changes.

2. In a sport like mma wrestling will always be the best base. Against 2 or more guys or someone with a weapon grappling is suddenly out. This is a simple example how some aspects of combat sport translate and some do not. Martisl arts is far far bigger than ring fighting, even tho sport is a good testing arena for some aspects.

3. If a said art is so bogus, why so many very experienced sometimes 15 or 20+ year martial artists say it is legit? BJJ and Judo bb's, some former pro mma fighters, kickboxing champions etc? Maybe your just so smart you saw through something and even tho being champions often or very high level in their martial arts they saw great value in becoming a wannabe spetznaz according to you, at ages 30, 40 or 50's? Or maybe their collective experience allowed them to see and feel what is good to take their skills to next level,and they know more than a low level hobbyist who only saw youtube vids but doesnt like Russia to be 'tarnished' by predominently American mma fans likewise ignorant opinions?

If people (even Russians) who havent trained something comment on that art, it is of very little validity.

- see and use your own mind to observe common principles of high level martial arts.
- as has been repeatedly stated, something like systema is great if u already have skills in other arts.

- experience the art, then talk.
- do solo training in excercises of the art, then talk. E.g. kyokushin and systema both love knuckle pushups on harwood floor or concrete. Try it, then talk rather than being a keyboard warrior.

- respect a real fighter like the guy quoted in the OP, who has a far higher knowledge than u and says systema is legit at the top levels.

What you seem to fail to realize is:

1. MMA is evolving. We see TMA's being used a lot like karate, when in the early 90's it was widely considered useless an no doubt u were parrotting this line also before being forced to dance another tune. For me I observe the shift and evolution, and like to see guys like Fergusson use WC skills in the UFC even though more commonplace arts are far more widely practiced and utilized by majority of fighters. It only takes one fighter who uses something new efectively and everyones opinion changes.

2. In a sport like mma wrestling will always be the best base. Against 2 or more guys or someone with a weapon grappling is suddenly out. This is a simple example how some aspects of combat sport translate and some do not. Martisl arts is far far bigger than ring fighting, even tho sport is a good testing arena for some aspects.

3. If a said art is so bogus, why so many very experienced sometimes 15 or 20+ year martial artists say it is legit? BJJ and Judo bb's, some former pro mma fighters, kickboxing champions etc? Maybe your just so smart you saw through something and even tho being champions often or very high level in their martial arts they saw great value in becoming a wannabe spetznaz according to you, at ages 30, 40 or 50's? Or maybe their collective experience allowed them to see and feel what is good to take their skills to next level,and they know more than a low level hobbyist who only saw youtube vids but doesnt like Russia to be 'tarnished' by predominently American mma fans likewise ignorant opinions?

1. Repetition of well-known truths. What for? Nothing more to say on the topic?
2. Wrestling/boxing sparrings in self-defense systems are used in fight preparation not to prepare for a one-on-one sports duel, but to introduce a student to a real fight. If he cannot confront by rules even one opponent, he will never cope with 2-3 in a real fight.
3. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
- "so many very experienced sometimes 15 or 20+ year martial artists say it is legit? BJJ and Judo bb's, some former pro mma fighters, kickboxing champions etc"

List mentioned fighters with links to their official statements that the System is working and suitable for preparing for street collisions style, please. Proof or BS.

- "they saw great value in becoming a wannabe spetznaz "

Nope, just making easy money on suckers who are ready to do anything, just to get cool-colored belts there regularly and constantly eat stories about the invincibility of style in street fights and their own toughness.

- "low level hobbyist"

If it's of some importance, I'm master of sports candidate in boxing. I have been training from 2000 to the present, competed from 2001 to 2006. Is it high enough for you? Can I please find out your level in martial arts/combat sports - the number of official fights, victories / defeats, participation in tournaments and other events?

- "but doesnt like Russia to be 'tarnished' by predominently American mma fans likewise ignorant opinions?"

Have you ever wondered why the representatives of the Systema fled from Russia with shame, but did flourish in the west with magnificent colors? :) Because here, in Russia, no one believes their tales about the "special forces training system" and other nonsense.

Last edited:
Try it, then talk rather than being a keyboard warrior.
Please wrote where you are available for bouts.
I'll try help find for you something.
I mean sanctioned and legal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back