Sucker Punchers

I guess that counts, I think he hit him like twice more after the ref grabbed him. Gomi vs Azeredo is a more extreme example of that type of sucker punch.

You guess that counts? It absolutely does. The ref is seriously trying to pull him off and he keeps hitting him.

You are right about Gomi/Azeredo being a more extreme example though

As much as I hate to say it, Evan Tanner vs David Louiseau. Right after the glove touch, Tanner went on the attack.

nothing cheap when touching gloves, briefly resetting without a step back, and then coming over the top with a left hook.
he was chasing that Ludwig/Duffee.

Who are you claming did this? Hominick? I don't remember him "resetting".

I'm not sure I'd call the Mark Hominick one a sucker punch. They touched gloves and he came at him right after that with a wild left hook, but I don't think you'd really call it a sucker punch.

zombie.gif

You guess that counts? It absolutely does. The ref is seriously trying to pull him off and he keeps hitting him.

You are right about Gomi/Azeredo being a more extreme example though

Wanderlei's my favorite fighter so i've only seen it like once or twice I don't like seeing him get KOed and then hit more.

I specifically mentioned this very fight in the original post and said that it doesn't really count since Fisher was not oblogated to touch gloves with Wiman in the middle of the fight especially since he just landed a big punch on him, it was just a dumb move on Wiman's part that Fisher capatalized on. It's sort of similar to how Anderson fake wobbling after Weidman landed a big punch on him and Weidman capatalized on it.

It's been awhile since I've seen the fight, but I don't remember Wiman trying to touch gloves with Fisher at all.

I'm not sure I'd call the Mark Hominick one a sucker punch. They touched gloves and he came at him right after that with a wild left hook, but I don't think you'd really call it a sucker punch.

zombie.gif

It's close, it looked much worse in real time but I think you and MCS might be right I'll take it off the list. It definitly looked like a sucker punch live though.

It's been awhile since I've seen the fight, but I don't remember Wiman trying to touch gloves with Fisher at all.

He points up in the air and extends his arm towards Fisher, not sure why, then Fisher flew threw the air and KOed him but I said in the OP it wouldnt' count as it's not expected to touch gloves randomly during the middle of a fight, it's not like it happened after an accidental nut shot or anything.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Renzo Gracie kicking Nate Marquardt in the head after Ricardo Almeida choked him out.

Nick Diaz in his last fight tried on more than one occasion but failed as with everything else he attempted that night

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Renzo Gracie kicking Nate Marquardt in the head after Ricardo Almeida choked him out.

oh yeah didnt ricardo hold the choke after the ref stopped the fight
nate swung at him
and renzo jumps in and kicks nate in the face

rampage...on wanerlei...who was out cold...and Quinton had a ref on his back for 3-4 punches

doesn't get more "sucker punch" then that

Didn't Marquardt attack Almeida after the fight or something?

Didn't Marquardt attack Almeida after the fight or something?

I forget what happened there.... iirc.
Marquardt hit almeida after the final bell and renzo comes in and kicks him in the head. I dont think nate did it on purpose,but renzo coulda just pulled him off? Hahah
He was just too quick to boot the guy in the head

I forget what happened there.... iirc.
Marquardt hit almeida after the final bell and renzo comes in and kicks him in the head. I dont think nate did it on purpose,but renzo coulda just pulled him off? Hahah
He was just too quick to boot the guy in the head

I guess that counts as a two for one lol.

I wouldn't define it as a Sucker Punch, but Paul Kelly vs. Donald Cerrone

Back