Sucker Punchers

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Name a fighter that has sucker punched(not limited to punches) his opponent, either by faking a glove touch at the beginning of a fight, purposly using an illegal strike or hitting the opponent after a round has ended.

This isn't limited to just punches but I'm just using a famous phrase that everyone understands.

Edit Raziel82 said it was a kick and not a punch, I haven't seen it in a while I just remember wanting Morecraft to KO Struve after pulling that sucker punch(just a phrase, doesn't have to be a punch).

Stefan Struve against Morecraft: Hit him during a glove touch.

Manny Gamburyan against Jeff Cox: Kicked him while faking a glove touch.

Paul Daley against Koscheck: Punched him after the fight.

Edit Evi Ands and ECS pointed out that Hominick didn't punch him right off the tap it just looked really bad when it happened.

Mark Hominick against The Korean Zombie: Very close to a sucker punch but after watching the gif over and over again I don't think it was.

EDIT Cyantist pointed out I was mistaken about the punch being late in Noons vs Gurgel.

Noons against Gurgel: Tried to knee him in the face when he was on the ground but missed.

Bisping vs Rivera: Kneed him in the face while he was on the ground.

Edit A few posters pointed out that Nick Diaz hit GSP with a hammerfist while on his back after the bell in one of the rounds.

GSP vs Diaz: Hammer fist from his back on GSP right after the bell.

I want to clarify that Spencer Fisher's flying knee KO of Wiman wouldn't count as a sucker punch(strike) as it's not normal to touch gloves randomly during the fight.

Who have I missed? Please post more examples.

Last edited:
i believe colton smith did it during the ultimate fighter, also heath herring for hating asian guys that kiss him

Noons swung right at the end of the round. Strike was legal and fair. Not his fault if Gurgel wasn't defending himself.

Noons for life.

Mayweather ruined Victor Ortiz, but he had it coming

i believe colton smith did it during the ultimate fighter, also heath herring for hating asian guys that kiss him

More like a sucker - takedown.

His opponent put his glove out for the tap, Colton shot a double.

Then he said MMA was easy.

Mr T. did it on a regular basis. Beside him, Schaub had a point deducted against CroCop for persistently hiyying the back of his head.

method=get&s=atilla-kubilay-richard-bowkett-gif.gif

if you dont think the herring thing was at least a partial work on the part of nakao,your nuts. that punch wasnt knockin anyone out

Bisping's knee to Rivera was dirty, but it was not a sucker punch in any way.

Noons swung right at the end of the round. Strike was legal and fair. Not his fault if Gurgel wasn't defending himself.

Noons for life.

The ref was already breaking them up and the cage door was already opened from my recollection, it wasn't long after the fight but he definitly hit him after the round and could have pulled the punch but chose not to. He also tried to knee him in the face on the ground later in the fight on purpose but missed.

Palhares, not exactly strikes but it kind of fits the topic.

dude wtf, who is this and was there a backstory to this?

i dont think there is much of a story to it,the guy is a whackjob,they let the fight keep going and the guy kept fouling to the point where he got dqed
guy shoulda been disqualified on the spot imo

there was one where aroloski sort of sucker punched the guy when the ref had paused them for a second... anyone have the gif, couldn't find it

Back