Striking numbers for Sandhagen vs Dillashaw

All while running backwards and letting TJ push the pace.

Ever heard of attacking? Lol.

I thought that punching a man in the face while backing up was attacking?! Is missing punches and hugging attacking? LoL

TJ spent 8 minutes hugging. Not striking. Not going for a TD, but just hugging.

Last edited:
Head, body, leg totals are almost meaningless when it's round by round scoring.

The way they determine sub attempts is dumb. If you weren't literally balls deep in a sub it doesn’t show up on the stats

Tracking sub attempts is dumb in the first place, there's no extra points given for a sub. attempt aside from control time. There's no category in scoring for "sub attempts" just effective grappling, which is determined by control of positions/time.

Tracking sub attempts is dumb in the first place, there's no extra points given for a sub. attempt aside from control time. There's no category in scoring for "sub attempts" just effective grappling, which is determined by control of positions/time.

What about sub attempts that damage?

But TJ is the one with a wrecked knee and smashed fucking face. Getting damaged is getting damaged.

LoL. Stupid
Yea but that damage was contained it happened very early in the fight and then evened out. The knee was the end of the 1st and the cut was like the end of the first or early in the 2nd. It's a 5 round fight, those were a few seconds each in 25 minutes

2 of 19 takedowns.....

They really fucked the scoring by removing stuffing takedowns/takedown defense from effective grappling - #1 bullshit.

Sanhagen won imo. A lot of things Sanhagen did in the fight probably went right over the judges heads.

What about sub attempts that damage?

Pretty sure that isn't scored as damage from strikes. The only damage criteria I know comes from strikes. It would also be really hard to know whether or not a submission attempt dealt damage at times. Sometimes it can be clear, but a lot of times a fighter can just act like it didn't hurt them.

Also, really only certain joint/limb related submissions can hurt people, it's weird to score those submissions attempts as scoring higher than neck holds. I think the only advantage you get from damaging someone due to some kind of hold is that they will perform worse in other aspects. It's too hard to translate damage done from a submission attempt into a scoring system that wouldn't be full of inaccuracies.

Submissions aren't really good for earning points, they are just a good way to end the fight.

they should count how many times TJ clinched him and held him to the fence and got his back. it would be like 40 to Corey's 0.
Thats not really getting his back. Hugging him against the cage while pressed against his back is cage pushing. Getting at least 1 hook in would have been getting his back. When the arms stay at the waist and hug and thats it, I would not score this as back being taken. Not sure what the rule-book says. Sandhagen should spin kick himself in the ass since he loves this dumb move so much. Him and Weidman should have lunch and talk about it.

Back