Striking numbers for Sandhagen vs Dillashaw

Iron Nick

Silver Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
(Disclaimer: though i disagree with TJ winning it, i understand that the fight can be scored 3-2 for either man - personally it feels wrong to me that the guy doing more damage didn't get the nod here, but it's perfectly fine to score it 3-2 for TJ.)

For those that can't see the post for whatever reason:

Sign. head strikes
Sandhagen: 110/258 (43% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 59/208 (28% Acc.)

Sign. body strikes
Sandhagen: 10/14 (71% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 10/14 (71% Acc.)

Sign. leg strikes
Sandhagen: 8/9 (89%)
Dillashaw: 41/46 (89%)

Total sign. strikes
Sandhagen: 128/281 (45% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 110/268 (41% Acc.)

Bonus: grappling stats
Control time
Sandhagen --:--
Dillashaw 08:22

Takedowns
Sandhagen: 0/1 (0% Acc.)

Dillashaw: 2/19 (10% Acc.)

Submission attempts
Sandhagen: 1

Dillashaw: 0

Last edited:
I get what he is saying though, Sandhagen didn’t ever risk himself to damage TJ, while TJ continually put himself in danger to damage or score on Sandhagen
Hm...
Kinda, but i can't criticize that.

If a fight is that close and you're outstriking your opponent and doing more damage, why risk much more? At that level, a tiny bit of risk more might have really bad effects.
Sandhagen did 1 spinning attack too much, but other than that i thought he fought extremely well, though i'd have loved for him to push the pace more too at the end.

Hm...
Kinda, but i can't criticize that.

If a fight is that close and you're outstriking your opponent and doing more damage, why risk much more? At that level, a tiny bit of risk more might have really bad effects.
Sandhagen did 1 spinning attack too much, but other than that i thought he fought extremely well, though i'd have loved for him to push the pace more too at the end.
Because if you don’t you might lose to the guy that is pushing forward and risking more than you

The current judging system is designed to reward point based fighters. Picking a winner based off damage done or strikes landed is prehistoric.

TJ was more aggressive, had Cory backing up the whole fight, and had over 8 mins of control time in the grappling which proved to be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Back