Striking numbers for Sandhagen vs Dillashaw

Tracking sub attempts is dumb in the first place, there's no extra points given for a sub. attempt aside from control time. There's no category in scoring for "sub attempts" just effective grappling, which is determined by control of positions/time.
Attacking a submissions feeds into aggression and effective grappling. Its a minor sub criteria that is often overlooked

The fix was in in my opinion. Exactly like it was in the Barber fight.

If you bet against a UFC golden child. You are all but throwing your money away. Unless there is a finish. The corruption rears it’s ugly head, over and over.

This is beyond incompetence, and imo, there is no way to even deny it. The refs are paid, the judges are paid. And the rightful winners, and the fans get screwed.
<36><{Joewithit}><EdgyBrah> What a dumb take by you lmao<{nope}>

TJ tried to take Sandhagen down far less than 19 times. He went for the leg to transition to the back. He tried at most 3 takedowns where he actually drove to try to get Sandhagen down.
Transitioning to the back is still initiating a takedown.

(Disclaimer: though i disagree with TJ winning it, i understand that the fight can be scored 3-2 for either man - personally it feels wrong to me that the guy doing more damage didn't get the nod here, but it's perfectly fine to score it 3-2 for TJ.)

For those that can't see the post for whatever reason:

Sign. head strikes
Sandhagen: 110/258 (43% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 59/208 (28% Acc.)

Sign. body strikes
Sandhagen: 10/14 (71% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 10/14 (71% Acc.)

Sign. leg strikes
Sandhagen: 8/9 (89%)
Dillashaw: 41/46 (89%)

Total sign. strikes
Sandhagen: 128/281 (45% Acc.)
Dillashaw: 110/268 (41% Acc.)

Bonus: grappling stats
Control time
Sandhagen --:--
Dillashaw 08:22

Takedowns
Sandhagen: 0/1 (0% Acc.)

Dillashaw: 2/19 (10% Acc.)

Submission attempts
Sandhagen: 1

Dillashaw: 0

These stats are irrelevant. Fights are scored on a round by round basis. Many of these strikes may have been accumulated by Sandhagen during one or two rounds. It’d funny how stats are thrown out here by people who don’t have any understanding of the scoring rules which are applied to the fights…

2 of 19 takedowns.....

They really fucked the scoring by removing stuffing takedowns/takedown defense from effective grappling - #1 bullshit.

TJ got him down far more than twice. They didn't count all the times where Cory just granny rolled himself down to the mat then got controlled from there lol. What i'm saying is he didn't stuff as many as that number suggests.

Good Lord have you ever heard of counterstriking?
Sure, as someone else pointed out…sometimes you got to be the one to engage if you want the W.

Obviously, you are just salty Sandbaggin lost. Try not to take it so personally.

Also Cruz with the biased commentary…this effects shills like yourself.
It's sad how much time you spend on here and still have no idea what you're talking about.

It’s sad you call yourself a doctor.
{<jordan}
Sick burn bro

Watch more fights. Maybe go out and try and train? Boxing coaches are hurting rn, you could probably get a personal one on the cheaps instead of coming on here pretending to know what you're talking about.

{<jordan}
Sick burn bro

Watch more fights. Maybe go out and try and train? Boxing coaches are hurting rn, you could probably get a personal one on the cheaps instead of coming on here pretending to know what you're talking about.
Where you train at doc?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Wait so no MMA? You are in the wrong discussion thread.
{<hhh]
Go train MMA and watch more fights, then come back with some actual knowledge.
It's better to have knowledge in one aspect than none, such as yourself.

after the fight I figured it could go either way..Sand should have thrown more sand..he fought a dumb fight..

It's better to have knowledge in one aspect than none, such as yourself.
tenor.gif

It was more the ground and clinch control than the pressure, either way Sandhagen felt too confident that he was winning.
There's no way Sand or his coaches could have been 100% positive he was winning (obv he lost the decision) so him fighting a little tentative when he was doing pretty damn well standing is always a head scratcher to me. Too many fighters have this strategy imo it's a lot like masvidal was earlier in his career. He thought he was winning I get it but it certainly wasn't a robbery i actually feel like tj did just a tad more overall and deserved the win. If i was a coach and it wasn't a CLEAR 3-1 or 4-0 (or 2-0 for 3 rds) I'm telling my fighter you HAVE to dominate this round or get a finish from rd 4 on too many talented fighters lose fights they could win by not pulling the trigger enough. That's one thing I will say for usman, when he fought Colby he came into the 5th ready to put out or get put out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back