Rewatch Sandhagen vs Dillashaw

I had Sandhagen winning as did most of the media outlets (17-6). There is a reason why Dillashaw was busted up and limping that night. Sandhagen was landing clean shots that hit square snapping Dillashaw's head back multiple times and leaving massive cuts and swelling. Sandhagen looked like he went for a 5-mile run and absorbed no damage. The lack of damage was because Dillashaw was not landing clean. Some were blocked others were glancing blows that failed to land square. Not all strikes are equal in terms of impact and consequence. I saw the fight twice, but not in a long time.

1706540226410.png

I wasn’t keeping score, just enjoyed the fight but was impressed with Sandhagen and remember thinking he looked like the superior fighter. I think most people who watched it live knew he was going places.

The real fight to rewatch is Yan vs Sandhagen!

UFC title on the line and a fight between two guys coming to decisive defeats!
Yan was way too dominant for that fight to be a great rewatch unfortunately. I mean there was still great technique on both sides, but it was a pretty 1-sided beatdown

I remember thinking Sandhagen won when I watched it live

Yan was way too dominant for that fight to be a great rewatch unfortunately. I mean there was still great technique on both sides, but it was a pretty 1-sided beatdown
I was just taking a shot at how two guys both coming of a defeat were fighting for a title that neither of the even held at the time

Back