Strangest Fights...?

MP15

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are examples of the strangest techniques/behaviour/strategies you've seen in the UFC (or MMA in general) in recent memory?

I have Clay Guida's dance performance vs. Maynard followed by him justifying it. Anderson Silva vs. Maia too. And one of the strangest decisions is Thiago Alves (who hardly dives for takedowns, and never when a guy is wobbly on his feet) getting caught in a rocked-state Kampmann guillotine.

Chael's somersault to get away from Anderson holding ontp his leg was pretty cool.
Oh and there is always...

axekick.gif

Could you imagine if that kick landed Harold Howard a KO? He would be the only guy in the HOF that matters.

Kalib Starnes sprinting away from Quarry for three rounds.

quarry2.gif

Gray Maynard slamming Emerson, forcing Emerson to tap out, but KO-ing himself in the process.

grayrob.gif

Pat Barrys behavior in the Cro Cop fight was uncomfortable to watch. Yeah Dude we get it you like Mirko but your still getting paid to fight him not high five him every nineteen seconds.

ugh i wanted nick to beat down carlos but he didnt run! he evaded and landed strikes!!! hes a great fighter who usually finishes but he knew he wasnt tougher than diaz and usually carlos is tougher so he doesnt go back much but since carlos is smart he knew he wouldnt be able to go forward and would have to out point diaz edgar/penn style which is what he did! and i love bj too!!

Guida-Maynard.
Diaz-Maynard.
Mir-Cro Cop.
Werdum-Overeem.
Anderson-Maia.
Anderson-Leites.
Those are the first ones to come to mind...

EDIT: Also Falcao's UFC fight. Can't quite remember his opponent's name. What a strange fight.

Kalib Starnes sprinting away from Quarry for three rounds.

quarry2.gif

Gray Maynard slamming Emerson, forcing Emerson to tap out, but KO-ing himself in the process.

grayrob.gif

Good choices.

Toquinho deciding he ko'd Dan Miller and running and jumping on the fence to celebrate only to be called back to restart the fight b/c the ref hadn't actually stopped it. Then he ends up getting hurt himself not long after that iirc. Lol, he crazy.

Condit vs Diaz and Starnes vs Quarry still stumps me to this day.

Rampage coming in overweight against Bader gets a special mention.

Ah yes, I forgot about the "Mir(KO) Cro Cop". Joe Rogan apologising to the fans and no "KO of the night" bonus given out by Dana.

What was that Guida fight where he jumped around like a monkey? I'm forgetful this evening for some reason.

Toquinho deciding he ko'd Dan Miller and running and jumping on the fence to celebrate only to be called back to restart the fight b/c the ref hadn't actually stopped it. Then he ends up getting hurt himself not long after that iirc. Lol, he crazy.

Hell yes that deserves a place on the list.

I had Palhares winning in my parlay, and I was like 4 for 4 at that point, and I knew for sure when Dan hurt him that it would be over and my parlay would end via Palhares' "bizarre fight behavior". I almost shit my pants it was so stressful. :icon_lol:

Back