Strangest Fights...?

What was that Guida fight where he jumped around like a monkey? I'm forgetful this evening for some reason.

It was bad in both the Maynard fight as well as the Gomi fight.

The Gomi fight was pretty silly because homeboy's hair wasn't locked down, and it was just a frenzied ball of caveman hair.

Kalib Starnes sprinting away from Quarry for three rounds.

quarry2.gif

Gray Maynard slamming Emerson, forcing Emerson to tap out, but KO-ing himself in the process.

grayrob.gif

lol i was at that starnes/quarry fight, the boos were incredible but then ppl were just laughing, making fun of starnes

It was bad in both the Maynard fight as well as the Gomi fight.

The Gomi fight was pretty silly because homeboy's hair wasn't locked down, and it was just a frenzied ball of caveman hair.

Gomi was the one I was thinking of. Thank you for helping me with my memory lapses.

Hey, does anyone know that fight where Guida jumped around like a monkey? My memory is bad tonight.

Hell yes that deserves a place on the list.

I had Palhares winning in my parlay, and I was like 4 for 4 at that point, and I knew for sure when Dan hurt him that it would be over and my parlay would end via Palhares' "bizarre fight behavior". I almost shit my pants it was so stressful. :icon_lol:

haha, I know that feel bro. I would've been thinking the exact same thing. Palhares is a unique dude that's for sure. The whole Marquardt thing where he just stopped fighting and looked at the ref after Nate pulled out of the heelhook was pretty bizarre too.

I think Mir-Brock II was a strange one.

I had always thought Frank actually KO'ed Brock for a couple seconds when he hit him with that knee in the plum, Brock fell on Mir in the process ... then woke up and instinctively started pounding on him.

If I remember correctly.

haha, I know that feel bro. I would've been thinking the exact same thing. Palhares is a unique dude that's for sure. The whole Marquardt thing where he just stopped fighting and looked at the ref after Nate pulled out of the heelhook was pretty bizarre too.

Word.

I haven't bet on a fight since. Palhares embodies the unpredictability of the sport as a whole.

Silva+Griffin+1.gif

watching this live did not seem like it really happened or was a real fight.

Koji oshii vs nick Diaz

Just stood there and got punched the whole fight

Oishi's game plan was to punch Nick's hands as Nick attempted to punch him, breaking Nick's hands in the process.

Oh, and the fight where Kerr knocked himself out when going for the takedown back in PRIDE, against Yamamoto.

That was more disheartening more than anything. His return fight and something such as that happens.

Back