Strangest Fights...?

i7ZaAqzGwDRpp.gif

Love Sudo, but I think strange is an apt description.

That's pretty normal for Genki Sudo, I assume he'd be accused of running and being afraid to fight by todays fans.

oh who is that in the gif?

I need to remember to try that next time I take a groin shot.

Also, I think that strange is synonymous with unique, to a certain degree. I stand by my opinion on Sudo.

Carlos running from Nick

and then Guida pulling a Condit on Maynard therefore transforming the usually tame Maynard into a honorary Diaz bro

This hasn't been mentioned, I agree with a lot of people in this thread. This choice by me may sound odd but hear me out...

Big Nog vs. Dave Herman.............

I swear Herman just stood there the entire fight.... basically giving Big Nog the win on purpose. Just a fucking weird fight... anyone else remember this one?

Guida-Maynard.
Diaz-Maynard.
Mir-Cro Cop.
Werdum-Overeem.
Anderson-Maia.
Anderson-Leites.
Those are the first ones to come to mind...

EDIT: Also Falcao's UFC fight. Can't quite remember his opponent's name. What a strange fight.

Fully agree with pretty much all of these. Especially Falcao/howard? Got both fighters cut I think.

Herman isn't really known for anything closely resembling a brilliant gameplan. Also tested positive for THC in that fight, if I remember correctly. Still agree, though.

I actually thought it was kinda interesting, albeit uncomfortable to watch. Stretching after a shot to the pills might actually help.

"And now, a man with no arms or legs enters the cage..."

20090426114327_sm_maynard.JPG

I'd like to thank my sponsors at Nike Athletic for their support and their amazing air cushioned cross trainers, that got my cardio tip top, and the fine folks at Everlast, that make the best MMA gloves known to man. Now I'm off to my afterparty at Dance the Night Away. Hope to see you there. Thank You, fans! You're the best!

Sonnen Filho II
Marquart Palhares
Edilberto Crocota v Luke Cummo
Arlovski v Buentello (Andrei was the only one in the world who knew he knocked Buentello out the crowd didn't respond at all. Then booed when the fight was called.)

Lindland tapped to bustamante but claimed he didn't after bustamante let go. The fight continued and bustamante tapped him again.

20090426114327_sm_maynard.JPG

I'd like to thank my sponsors at Nike Athletic for their support and their amazing air cushioned cross trainers, that got my cardio tip top, and the fine folks at Everlast, that make the best MMA gloves known to man. Now I'm off to my afterparty at Dance the Night Away. Hope to see you there. Thank You, fans! You're the best!

The weirdest thing about this whole deal is that the guy was apparently a great wrestler. I guess it's a bit different when submissions and strikes are involved. idk. Still makes me feel bad inside.

EDIT: Just did some research, and it turns out that I was thinking of ANOTHER quadruple amputee involved in martial arts. Holy shit, how common is this?

Back