Economy stonks v21

Today was just meh. Took a position for a long term investment in CHPT. Going to add more if it goes down further.

Keeping an eye on ROOT. Set a limit order for 5 if it gets there. Been in and out the stock last few weeks. Looks bearish though.

i picked up a small pile of root and sold $15C 12/22 ($1) on them. maybe i'll even let them sit for a while. i figured the premium covers a 20% loss and still gives a 200% upside.

i hate insurance companies/stocks, but i figure if it went from 25-5 this fast it's gotta either be undervalued or securities fraud.

i picked up a small pile of root and sold $15C 12/22 ($1) on them. maybe i'll even let them sit for a while. i figured the premium covers a 20% loss and still gives a 200% upside.

i hate insurance companies/stocks, but i figure if it went from 25-5 this fast it's gotta either be undervalued or securities fraud.
Why don't you like insurance? They can be fairly good investments, imo. Easy enough business to understand, fairly predictable.

I had a decent amount of success with WRB and TRV years ago. Oh AFL too. I really did well with that one.

May 2012 to August 2013 I got a 44% return, + dividends.

Why don't you like insurance? They can be fairly good investments, imo. Easy enough business to understand, fairly predictable.

I had a decent amount of success with WRB and TRV years ago. Oh AFL too. I really did well with that one.

May 2012 to August 2013 I got a 44% return, + dividends.

...that's why. because they're scams/shams and you're betting against yourself. ie: you 'win' when you get sick/into a car accident/have a tree fall on house/die.

i didn't mean as investments. but so far, they've just jumped in the red for me, anyway...

lolz.

sqqq is up more than yang. as is uvxy.

this whole thing is stupid.
I fucks with $UVXY.
Besides my long term Boomer stock holds( $F,$GE,$MRO and $CVX) only thing making money.
Other than that laying low until $AMD gets below 95 to be a buyer again.

Well Tesla holding the line lol.

Today was ugly.

lolz.

sqqq is up more than yang. as is uvxy.

this whole thing is stupid.

What is your strategy with SQQQ?

It seems to me that it's only worth a short-term gamble. Unless you're investing with the prediction that a recession or depression is on the horizon, but even then SQQQ will eventually drop back to it's garbage value after the economy rebounds. The entire history of SQQQ has been a collapse, and investing in it long-term means that you think the major tech companies will collapse irreparably, right?

I saw this outlined somewhere on Reddit and I am far from savy or sophisticated with my understanding but the broad strokes of my strategy are as follows:

-Most of my portfolio is in QQQ and has been for years.
-Some portion of my portfolio is in TQQQ, the 3x leveraged version of QQQ.
-QQQ is and has been great for long term growth. But we can capitalized on bear markets with some selling QQQ and investing in TQQQ at certain benchmarks.
-For instance, TQQQ hit a high this year in the neighborhood of $155/share. Generally when QQQ falls 3%, TQQQ falls 9% and the inverse is true too.
-Market volatility and volatility decay account for reasons not to buy and hold TQQQ over the long term. The Dotcom bubble burst and the housing/financial crises would have whiped out like 99% of TQQQ and taken many years to build back up.
-Instead of lump-sum investing in TQQQ and hoping for the best, the strategy I am using is to move X% of my portfolio from QQQ (sell QQQ) into TQQQ when TQQQ loses $5 of value. The idea is to dollar cost average into TQQQ as it goes down because we can assume that it will eventually go back up to where it used to be.
-So while you "lose" 3% from selling QQQ at a 3% loss, by reinvesting that money into TQQQ you would stand to gain 9% back on your investment when TQQQ eventually gets back to where it was.
-I am doing this every time TQQQ loses $5 of share price as far down as it may go. If it goes down to $5/share, I will be buying at $5/share the entire way down with the assumption it will eventually go back to $155/share.

My time horizon until I need the money for retirement is at least 20 years.

Thoughts on this?

What is your strategy with SQQQ?

It seems to me that it's only worth a short-term gamble. Unless you're investing with the prediction that a recession or depression is on the horizon, but even then SQQQ will eventually drop back to it's garbage value after the economy rebounds. The entire history of SQQQ has been a collapse, and investing in it long-term means that you think the major tech companies will collapse irreparably, right?

WAT

all 3 are 3x leverage bearish.

I was only asking about SQQQ. Do you want to answer my post where I originally quoted you, asking about your strategy? Or do you have no strategy?

2n4uJaI.gif

someone posted re: yang. i quoted that and mentioned 3 different 3x leveraged bearish tickers and the irony involved.

you inexplicably single out sqqq, apparently failed to realize why it was/they were mentioned, and then harped about a strategy i wasn't utilizing... and then rambled about it as if anyone holds these long-term.

2n4uJaI.gif

someone posted re: yang. i quoted that and mentioned 3 different 3x leveraged bearish tickers and the irony involved.

you inexplicably single out sqqq, apparently failed to realize why it was/they were mentioned, and then harped about a strategy i wasn't utilizing... and then rambled about it as if anyone holds these long-term.

I can't see the image you posted (work PC) but I assume it's something super tasteful and respectful ;)

I didn't realize you were merely observing SQQQ vs investing in it. Not sure why this has triggered you so much but you can be rest assured I won't start another conversation with you :)

So what we thinking? October is known to not be a great month but my gosh some stocks are becoming over sold, notably the smaller caps.

OIL is looking bullish, but some of these stocks are already up well +1500% in a year.

I think the DAQ will sink maybe another 5%. I do not see a major correction though. China has created FUD, the market was doing just fine before the crisis. Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction if you ask me.

I can't see the image you posted (work PC) but I assume it's something super tasteful and respectful ;)

I didn't realize you were merely observing SQQQ vs investing in it. Not sure why this has triggered you so much but you can be rest assured I won't start another conversation with you :)
<{outtahere}>

What do you the wise sherbros think of IONQ?

It launched and went down nearly 30% today. Worth a buy tomorrow? Or is just another abnb and COIN type inflated ipo (with a mere 200 million cap though)?

Back