Economy stonks v21

Do you have a sauce for this?

There does need to be a discussion of guys like Musk who skirt capital gains by taking out massive loans against their stock rather than selling it to like normal people when they need living $

So are unrealized losses, losses?

But really, I did not understand her comment to mean that in general, unrealized gains should be taxed. She was specifically talking only about the case of inheritance.

If I bought a bunch of Gamestop stock at $2, it runs to $250, and then I die from a marijuana overdose and my wife's son inherits the stock, according to the current rules, his cost basis is $250. He can then sell it all with paying a cent in capital gains tax.

Last edited:

But really, I did not understand her comment to mean that in general, unrealized gains should be taxed. She was specifically talking only about the case of inheritance.

If I bought a bunch of Gamestop stock at $2, it runs to $250, and then I die from a marijuana overdose and my wife's son inherits the stock, according to the current rules, his cost basis is $250. He can then sell it all with paying a cent in capital gains tax.
You should sell them to her boyfriend before you hit that bong

Don’t kill your parents for this rule!

lol fuck this is at $32 right now on Walgreens takeover talks 1 year later

Another one in the healthcare space I pussyfooted after suggesting was EVH. I bought the drip at $6 a share and it ran back to $10 a share in like 60 days.

Just lol at tech. Top was in I guess, the run has been kinda insane this year so expected.

Bought some more ET, in for 5000 shares. Nice little pop before close. +$10 by EOW would be nice.

Market a little crazy right now.

lol fuck me I bought and bailed on some SPCE today to avoid the downturn and it rips after hrs

...you guys alive?

XbuOVuw.gif

LPTX jumps before I got my entire position on it. Only filled about a 3rd.

Took a hefty position in SFT for a swing at close. Surprised to see this back under $7. Shorts are driving this stock to the pits. Support has been solid this year near the 6.50ish mark and each time it has bounced rather violently to the upside. If it gets there, loading the the absolute truck.

$ROOT chart today is bizarre. Usually volatile, bouncing around. Would love to see it under $5.

...k?

d2E9B5W.jpg

the point was that no one had posted all day, though

Meh another uneventful flat day after two lows. Which is Wad's point. I'm guessing things go green for tomorrow as we head into the weekend of a new month.

I actually sold AMD at 108 the other day and have been kicking myself for not getting in again at 100 yesterday.

Back