Stipe proves to all that sulking and acting entitled beats risking taking fights

Whenever I get a little faith in humanity I just come to sherdog for a few minutes and it fixes my little red wagon right up!

Which tells me Stipe disregarded him.

Did you see his fights with mir and Roy?
If Stipe disregarded DC as a threat then he's an absolute moron and definitely doesn't deserve a shot.

No.
It's not.
You just disagree.

If hes better than them, fight again and get your shot. He could have easily done so and had this upcoming fight in August.

Some people don't like instant rematches. They're dumb. They're rarely warranted, and for sure not when you get knocked out. Or at least that's my opinion. The only person to have gotten knocked out and deserved an instant rematch was Anderson Silva, and that's because he literally owned the UFC record book at the time.

The JJ one was stupid and so is this one.
Some people may not like them, but sometimes they're warranted. Like this time. Obviously the two fighters and the UFC agrees.

If Stipe disregarded DC as a threat then he's an absolute moron and definitely doesn't deserve a shot.
Well he did disregard cormier and he has a more distinguished MMA career with better accomplishments

If that's not enough for you, too bad, the rematch is happening anyway

Some people may not like them, but sometimes they're warranted. Like this time. Obviously the two fighters and the UFC agrees.
No, obviously the two fighters and the UFC know that there isn't another good option. Because they first tried to make another fight that fell through.

Sometimes they are deserved though. This isn't one of those times.

For people comparing this to other wait and see'ers: there is a difference between winning what should be a title eliminator, having enough of a streak to warrant a shot, then waiting for your shot when the champions schedule doesn't allow and Stipe who is 'beat everyone but the current champ and just waited for the champ to beat anyone with an interesting streak so you're still closest to the belt by default

No, obviously the two fighters and the UFC know that there isn't another good option. Because they first tried to make another fight that fell through.

Sometimes they are deserved though. This isn't one of those times.
... But it is deserved. Which is why it's happening

Well he did disregard cormier and he has a more distinguished MMA career with better accomplishments

If that's not enough for you, too bad, the rematch is happening anyway

What does the second and third parts of this post have to do with what I said?

I'm fine with the rematch. I have no issue with it, and I've stated.

Stipe is easily one of the best HW's on the roster. It shouldn't be too hard to beat up somebody outside the Top 5 for a smooth payday. He should be fighting instead of sitting Title or not.
I’m not sure what Stipe would have gotten paid to fight another contender in the mean time but I’m not in his pocket like that. He obviously feels that it’s in his best interest to wait it out. I don’t blame the guy for that and I think most fighters strive to get in a situation where they can make choices like that.
It’s not like anyone is coming up with any must see fights for Stipe. Should he just have a high risk low reward warm up fight against a dangerous nobody?

Your contention here is that if something happens its deserved? Okay then.
My contention has already been stated. Obviously you're having troubles reading it though. Strawmanning won't help you here

Why is it so hard to understand?
The guy got ktfo his last fight how does that 'earn' him a rematch?

JDS, Ngannou, even Overeem all new more interesting opponents for DC and more worthy than Stipe coming off a loss.
Stipe pushed all those guys shit in and is the most decorated champ in HW division. Also, most people feel the KO was a bit of a fluke.

I’m gonna sulk at work for a raise.

It’ll either work, or I’ll find another dead end job!

My contention has already been stated. Obviously you're having troubles reading it though. Strawmanning won't help you here
I'm not straw manning.
You literally posted "But it is deserved. Which is why it's happening".

Or put another way, Its happening because its deserved.

If that's your opinion, that's your opinion.
Hence why I said okay then. There's not really room for discussion at that point.

Back