SPIN

I sent you a PM.
Pretty new to the poems thing, i just tried to find a theme and some words that rhymes sir

Im on that ride with you sir, just write what you feel, and this first one might just go off the rails but we'll see... that's the fun of writing ;)

Im with you carnalito.

My attention span is like a fan.

blowing wind and with sudden end.

I write only one sentence rhymes because I'm living Monkey times.

When you climb tree pick most solid branch or you do ground dance.

I hope last line gave good advice cause I'm nice.

-Lu

My good buddy @StonedLemur has inspired me to post a little poem of my own. I was going to post it as a thread but making a thread is a massive pain in the balls these days (building on this fear of uncertainty around change)

Inertia
Be like water, go with the flow they say,
But if I can't step in the same river twice maybe I'd rather not step.
Nah, I'd rather be the stone. Solid, unmoving, unchanging.
They'll say I need to be rolling, can't be gathering moss
But where I am is just fine, the moss is barely up to my knees
I'll be the one stone you leave unturned, my past, present, future set in stone
You'll be without sin if you don't cast me and just leave me be.

Because the rolling stone will be the first to fall off the cliff,
Chipped against the potholes of the road of life.
A rut is safe, familiar... dull?
That first step could be the start of a journey of a thousand miles
That's a long fucking way
But maybe when I'm stone cold dead, and the only stone left is a headstone
Do I want these regrets? These could haves and maybes
These risks left unrisked?

Perhaps a won't be a leap, more of a shuffle.
But perhaps this stone will shed a bit of the moss.
Perhaps we'll put a toe in that river, see what it's like.

My good buddy @StonedLemur has inspired me to post a little poem of my own. I was going to post it as a thread but making a thread is a massive pain in the balls these days (building on this fear of uncertainty around change)

Inertia
Be like water, go with the flow they say,
But if I can't step in the same river twice maybe I'd rather not step.
Nah, I'd rather be the stone. Solid, unmoving, unchanging.
They'll say I need to be rolling, can't be gathering moss
But where I am is just fine, the moss is barely up to my knees
I'll be the one stone you leave unturned, my past, present, future set in stone
You'll be without sin if you don't cast me and just leave me be.

Because the rolling stone will be the first to fall off the cliff,
Chipped against the potholes of the road of life.
A rut is safe, familiar... dull?
That first step could be the start of a journey of a thousand miles
That's a long fucking way
But maybe when I'm stone cold dead, and the only stone left is a headstone
Do I want these regrets? These could haves and maybes
These risks left unrisked?

Perhaps a won't be a leap, more of a shuffle.
But perhaps this stone will shed a bit of the moss.
Perhaps we'll put a toe in that river, see what it's like.

God damn sir, that was fuckin dope.

"A rut is safe, familiar....dull?"

That line has been true many times in my life, whether it was a job, a relationship...drugs...women.

HITS HARD

Fuck, that line hits hard...took me off guard, put and pointed the finger at me... underneath all these rocks and leaves.

Hit me right in the chest like your rolling stone...left me bruised, and all alone.
All alone with my thoughts, but who thought it meant nothing?...not me.

You have a way with words...and expression...Aunshi the professor droppin another lesson.
Listen up class...the man came to speak, and didn't come to depress you or make you feel bleak.

He came to awaken you...from your awful slumber...watch your ass when Aunshi is around...that mothafucka has your number.

~SL

God damn sir, that was fuckin dope.

"A rut is safe, familiar....dull?"

That line has been true many times in my life, whether it was a job, a relationship...drugs...women.

HITS HARD

Fuck, that line hits hard...took me off guard, put and pointed the finger at me... underneath all these rocks and leaves.

Hit me right in the chest like your rolling stone...left me bruised, and all alone.
All alone with my thoughts, but who thought it meant nothing?...not me.

You have a way with words...and expression...Aunshi the professor droppin another lesson.
Listen up class...the man came to speak, and didn't come to depress you or make you feel bleak.

He came to awaken you...from your awful slumber...watch your ass when Aunshi is around...that mothafucka has your number.

~SL
You make me sound far too badass with that one!

It's one of those things where we all hit these decision points in life and sometimes it can feel like staying where you are is safer but that's a decision itself. I've got a few of those to make myself in the next few months and don't want to be that mossy stone.

But if you can kill two birds in a bush with one stone is it better than a bird in the hand with no stone?
(there's a lot of stone idioms)

You make me sound far too badass with that one!

It's one of those things where we all hit these decision points in life and sometimes it can feel like staying where you are is safer but that's a decision itself. I've got a few of those to make myself in the next few months and don't want to be that mossy stone.

But if you can kill two birds in a bush with one stone is it better than a bird in the hand with no stone?
(there's a lot of stone idioms)

You are badass sir.
You're truly intelligent in a world that is full of people dumber than a sack of rocks... that's a real badass.

You also have the power of being pragmatic in a world that consistently gets in it's own way....even more badass.

Id say you're a badass, and if you don't like it...we can fight lol.

You are the only person that gets my writing, and you have your own unabashed opinion on them.
Even when you see something I don't agree with...you say it in away that evokes thought, and possibly opens doors to a new way of thinking.

I might have born in the projects and grown in the streets but I have always enjoyed learning.
I taught myself to write and perform my poems, carve, paint, play an instrument.

Learning is by far the most necessary tool in the human toolbox.
I go from learning about my gardens, to learning about space, to the welding.

I used to score above 90% on all my tests in school and never did anything as far as homework or classwork...yeah im that kid lol.

As a teacher I can feel you wanting to punch me in the face for wasting my potential lmao

Back