sparring with world class takwondo guy?

Originally posted by KiwE
No BBN. You need to just shut up - posting opinions of effectiveness and tactics when you don't even know truelly which style was witch (your attempt to clear your back by wtf and confusing it with itf) and not even knowing the freakin rules of Taekwondo (you doubting KO as a rule).
Fact is, if the TKD guy is on a national level he will have 1000 of sparring matches under his belt and the boxer in this thread would have none (or sounds the likes). He will loose on that merit alone (not sparring alot prior to the fight).

You just tried to pull the good 'ol "everything sucks exept Muay Thai and BJJ!" MMAtrain and expected a following but instead it blew up in your face. And now your trying to step back more and more to save your face when you started by disgracing TKD users with comparisions as to football players aren't fighters (WTF?). So if you expect me to read more carefully next time before accusing someone how about you even learn anything about a martial art in a thread before you start pissing all over it and its users?
Once more, quite a freakin difference between asking the difference between foottag and TKD and now going "Oh - I know they can kick hard! I said you could get knocked out!". There are a great many factors to why there aren't as many KO's (one would be that perhaps TKD users would prefer faster kicks to the body and protective gear and perhaps not all want the injury on an opponent / to open that much for counter bla bla) - there aren't many knockouts in amateur boxing either (compared to pro boxing) but I wouldn't be so ignorant and judge boxers as wimps. Hell - there are even purely defensive PROboxers who don't go for K.O's normally but act as point fighters - I still think their fist connecting with your face would hurt.

Please spare us the exuses and just stop posting as first of all, yes you just came to this thread to wine and not help the guy out, and second - you know nothing of taekwondo to begin with, and - most importantly and third:

There's nothing worse then someone stating an opinion and not being able to stand for it when he doesn't get a majority behind his/her back and that type of person (who changes himself according to the wind when he makes a mess) isn't even someone worthy to discuss with. Yeah; you can be a national champ in TKD without knowing how to K.O someone - jesus christ in a handbasket.

/KiwE

u're still not listening to me. i didn't bash TKD and u keep thinking i have. by looking at this particular post, you're probably thinking i'm bashing it some more and going to respond like i did bash TKd on this post.

i know nothing of TKD? i've done tKD. i know ppl who've done TKD and done really well, and quit TKD for the same reasons i did. and i know they feel the same way i do. i don'tk now if you knew this,but ppl who bash TKD the most are usually ppl who've done TKD and switched out of it.

have u kickboxed? u're like lucid: saying closing the distance isn't an effective strategy (that's the only one advice i gave on this thread, so by saying my advice sucks ur saying that advice sucks). maybe in TKD it's not effective, but in fighting that is how you exploit a kicker.

Originally posted by k.o. kid
tkders can and DO KO people in competition....i have done it and have seen it done many times.....there usually are KOs in competition but the reason why you dont see them is because if you ever have watched olympic style competition then it probably has been a big international event where finals are shown.....you will not see alot of KOs in those events because everyone plays safe.....another reason why KOs dont happen very much is because of our stance, we stand sideways and move and counter....length is our freind, we dont fight in as close alot as MT fighters and boxers do....we use our distance for advantage and as a means of control

well i was saying i see this situation a lot:
a) hands drop
b) foot hits the head, clean hit

in kickboxing, if u see this situation, its definitely a KO. in TKD its soemtimes a KO; my point is they're going too soft. that's what i meant by :they could but don't [KO]

"well i was saying i see this situation a lot:
a) hands drop
b) foot hits the head, clean hit

in kickboxing, if u see this situation, its definitely a KO. in TKD its soemtimes a KO; my point is they're going too soft. that's what i meant by :they could but don't [KO]"

I think it has more to do with that thick ass headgear than the kicker.

You know? I had a lengthy respons to you (oh, nice how you put up the "I think you're gonna say I bashed again missunderstanding but aha I'm just that smart!") but you're just not worth it.

Good luck clearing your "name" and making people believe you know anything about TKD man - better that then loose face with that mighty post count. Give your ego a huge pat on the back while you're at it for me.

Anyone who reads the thread from top to to can see and make up their own mind about your claims of knowledge of the art (lots of places you put yourself in thirdperson as someone without experince of TKD and just fuck up) and your sudden change of opinion. This is way of topic and I don't feel like a flamewar so good luck to those who think you're worth the breath.

P.S; Where did I say closing the distance was bad advice (I guess you might consider taking that reading comprehension yourself instead of giving it away)? I still think you should hold the Marachiband from playing and keep abit away from giving that book out just yet Captain Obvious as yeah - closing the distance on a kicker when you're a boxer would be basic.

Since you fail to understand: What I DID say was you didn't come here to give advice or even started to post cause of it and your first post pretty much sums it all up (and how full of shit you are at this point):

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow

"hahaha

silly rabbit [TKD] kicks are for chicks"

/KiwE ( Have a wonderful life, I'm done here )

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow

have u kickboxed? u're like lucid: saying closing the distance isn't an effective strategy (that's the only one advice i gave on this thread, so by saying my advice sucks ur saying that advice sucks). maybe in TKD it's not effective, but in fighting that is how you exploit a kicker.

what? how the fuck did i get brought into this again?

first off i train more in MT and boxing now then TKD... heres one very obvious point. head gear... even at high levels of competition head gear is worn. hell even point fighters wear it.

MT it's shin on skull... you do take MT right?

Os3y3ris pointed it i jsut want to point it out again.

anyhoo, back to the dead horse that every body keeps beating. I didn't say(closing the distance) is a bad idea. i jsut mean that about a half dozen other guys said the same thing and gave better advice on how to do it.

closing the distance... of course he has to! what else is he gonna do? thow his fucking glove at him? But yet that seems to be the best advice you (the super star expert) can possibly give. :rolls eyes:

KiwE if you sick of it's ok... i'll take over :D

hey BBN the olympic trail are on, how about you walk in and KO the whole fucking team.

if not...then shut up.

They DO drop their hands a bit and knocking them out for it is legal. Imagine the irony. Go head man.

Regarding the "dropping the hands", it's often done on purpose by experienced tkd fighters so as to lure the opponent in swinging, just to drop a few kick combos in his gut (legs having a longer reach than arms, and tkd players being excellent counter-kickers more often than not). It may seem silly at first, but I know what I'm talking about.

I've went in flailing against 'em, and almost getting my ribs smashed to splinters by their fricking counterkicks.

Oh and BBN, I try to be constructive most of the time, and never bash anyone for their opinions, but seriously man... you've went off the deep end with bricks in your pockets. Just quit it and move on.

MTguys wear thicker helmets than TKD, in amateur competition at least. from my knowledge, KOing is mainly prevented by the mouthpiece not really the helmet. the helmet prevents concussion-based damage but remmeber the the "common" KO is from getting ur jaw clocked, not concussion.

their dropping their hands is for momentum; so they can do shuffle kicks. shuffle kicks are not possible if they kept up their hands. dropping hands is not to lure someone in.

What the hell is a shuffle kick and where did you see these? You keep referencing them, but I've never heard of them. The only offensive headshot Id take in TKD is a solid rearleg roundhouse. No shuffling, no skipping, no spinning, etc.

dropping hands is not to lure someone in.

Uhh yeah. Great job on generalizing every tae kwon-do martial artist in the world there man. I mean seriously... do you read minds, or are you just omnipresent?
Blanket statements like that just show how eager you are to overprove people.

I know for a fact some people drop their guard to open for kicks, as I've fallen for that feint myself, and seen others fall prey to the exact same thing.

Both of you are correct on that. It depends on the fighter.

Originally posted by KiwE
You know? I had a lengthy respons to you (oh, nice how you put up the "I think you're gonna say I bashed again missunderstanding but aha I'm just that smart!") but you're just not worth it.

Good luck clearing your "name" and making people believe you know anything about TKD man - better that then loose face with that mighty post count. Give your ego a huge pat on the back while you're at it for me.

Anyone who reads the thread from top to to can see and make up their own mind about your claims of knowledge of the art (lots of places you put yourself in thirdperson as someone without experince of TKD and just fuck up) and your sudden change of opinion. This is way of topic and I don't feel like a flamewar so good luck to those who think you're worth the breath.

P.S; Where did I say closing the distance was bad advice (I guess you might consider taking that reading comprehension yourself instead of giving it away)? I still think you should hold the Marachiband from playing and keep abit away from giving that book out just yet Captain Obvious as yeah - closing the distance on a kicker when you're a boxer would be basic.

Since you fail to understand: What I DID say was you didn't come here to give advice or even started to post cause of it and your first post pretty much sums it all up (and how full of shit you are at this point):

/KiwE ( Have a wonderful life, I'm done here )

alright lemme clarify:

TKD kicks (any chamber kick) to the body does not hurt. body kicks take time to develop their deadliness, so i don't think TKD body and definitely low kicks are not as effective as MTers unless they spend months sparring MT-style.

chamber kick to the head, CAN but not necessarily KO (either cuz the kicker is unable, or just doesn't feel its necessary to win). in MT the head kick is a semi-chamber kick anyway. therefore, w/ a lil adjustment TKD can KO.

TKd sidekick: the effective sidekicks in real kickobxing are push kicks. in TKD its a snap kick. a snap sidekick can be countered by closing the distance, and i don't believe they hurt either; if you see it coming you should be able to rush at him w/ no problem.

mms://211.55.33.159/asfroot/gertkd.wmv

here is a clip posted earlier a long time ago. shows soem highlight of some national competition in germany. it has shuffle kicks in this and shuffling in general, also has those kicks that i said "could have but didn't" KO

"TKD kicks (any chamber kick) to the body does not hurt."

Someone told you wrong. On the other hand, I just saw the TKD highlight video on bullshido so I know where you get that from.

"the effective sidekicks in real kickobxing are push kicks. in TKD its a snap kick. a snap sidekick can be countered by closing the distance"

Dont they follow the same path? So how is one easier to counter than the other? And whats to keep soeone from shooting their sidekick out and then locking it for a second? They will either eat a sidekick, off angle, or move back whch when you think about it is about what a pushing sidekick can do.

BBN, are shuffle kicks those retarded bouncing type roundhouses tehy do? I cant watch the vid. Very crappy stream. Is it the same type of stuff on the current bullshido thread?

Originally posted by Os3y3ris
BBN, are shuffle kicks those retarded bouncing type roundhouses tehy do? I cant watch the vid. Very crappy stream. Is it the same type of stuff on the current bullshido thread?

yea its that bouncy thing. (also roundkick-->backkick or any two or several consecutive kicks in a row) i havne't checked bullshido in a while so i'm not sure what threat ur talking about.

try clicking this for the video

Originally posted by Os3y3ris
"TKD kicks (any chamber kick) to the body does not hurt."

Someone told you wrong. On the other hand, I just saw the TKD highlight video on bullshido so I know where you get that from.

"the effective sidekicks in real kickobxing are push kicks. in TKD its a snap kick. a snap sidekick can be countered by closing the distance"

Dont they follow the same path? So how is one easier to counter than the other? And whats to keep soeone from shooting their sidekick out and then locking it for a second? They will either eat a sidekick, off angle, or move back whch when you think about it is about what a pushing sidekick can do.

well i don't know. i know how to chamber roundkick and i don't get the same power as i do w/ a MT one. the power of the MT roundkick comes from the hip muscles of inner thigh and waist. when u do a chamber roundkick, these powerful muscles can't contribute as much b/c of the angle u set urself up to, and that's why i don't think they are as powerful. remember i'm talking about a BODY and leg kick. the high kicks are almost similar enough that they can easily be adjusted.

the kickboxing sidekick is a PUSH kick. when u push kick u kinda lean toward, b/c ur expecting your own kick to push yourself back. when u "strike" sidekick, ure expecting to project thru the guy, so u don't necessarily prepare urself falling back; and if you do lean foward to prepare to be pushed back, if you miss you'l lose a lot of balance.

Back