sparring with world class takwondo guy?

Originally posted by True2KungFu
BBN you said until you do 2 martial arts....... I boxed and kickboxed and im saying TKD is good stuff.

i'm saying TKD sparring sucks. note my wording "national champ in TKD does not mean he's a national fighter". i implied TKD sparring is nothing unless u crosstrain. i also implied that most (WTF) TKD sparrers don't crosstrain b/c they empasize too much on sparring; some are sooo competittive in WTF sparring they think its enough to bencmark their fight skills hence they neglect x-training. i'm confident a TKDer who is good at both sparring and kickobxing is aware of the huge difference b/t the two, not just converts.

i'm listening to you. don't worry. u're the few who are not just flaming me saying "TKD flamers suck! you suck"

BBN, you CAN fight just using TKD skills. A kick to the head is a kick to the head. Learning it from TKD doesnt make it any less effective. Not saying go learn TKD over kickboxing, but there are plenty of TKDist who can fight to a reasonable degree using only TKD skills. And some are jut downright dangerous. The majority do suck ass though.

Back