Some very old muay thai vs kyokushin videos

Finally, a good fucking post.

It's more due to the amount of repetition of those kicks. When you have kicked for that long, 95/100 times your kick is going to be pretty much mechanically perfect and every facet of balance or strength you need to deliver the power in that kick is well ingrained into you. Couple that with Muay Thai being your actual job as opposed to a hobby and that mindset of your life being Muay Thai, that helps someone develop a great deal more. The culture makes a big difference, the average karateka is a hobbyist, the average muay thai fighter is a professional, and yes there are more professional and ex professional fighters in Thailand than there are hobbyists.

I don't think the kicking technique of kyokushin and sanda for example are necessarily weaker, but I haven't really seen any guys with the same kicking power you get from Thai's around the same weight. I think that Muay Thai is REALLY only made up of leg kicks, body kicks and teeps (with head kicks existing but not being focused on) allows you for greater progress at getting very powerful in that specific area.

If I want to be competitive in taekwondo for example, I need a wide assortment of kicks because I need to score those points, so while I might be able to kick hard, it's not going to be the same as the Thai method of 'smash that body at all costs'.

It is absolutely a matter of training over natural selection. You won't find many Thais who don't have a hard kick. .

Since you can't view Muay Thai without rose coloured gasses, I'll name one elite guy for you then who does not kick particularly hard and that's Buakaw.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...w-has-one-of-the-weakest-kicks-in-k-1.579695/

Since you can't view Muay Thai without rose coloured gasses, I'll name one elite guy for you then who does not kick particularly hard and that's Buakaw.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...w-has-one-of-the-weakest-kicks-in-k-1.579695/

You're a moron.

1. For that link. 'Hey guys, this random banned poster's friend went to Thailand and said that the guy who kicks down literal banana trees doesn't kick hard' (inb4 spacetime tries to imply that banana trees are soft because they're not mahogany)
2. For thinking that I'm being bias towards Muay Thai when I literally say that it's NOT a matter of their kicking technique but the culture of the art.

I thought you weren't going to argue this point?

You're a moron.

1. For that link
2. For thinking that I'm being bias towards Muay Thai when I literally say that it's NOT a matter of their kicking technique but the culture of the art.

I thought you weren't going to argue this point?

The culture is in the art... and I have seen enough of him both on the bag and in fights. He does not kick particularly hard. Sorry if I offended the biggest man crush in Muay Thai.

BUT SPACETIME YOU HAD HEAPS OF SCHOOL FIGHTS
Never lost a round. Undefeated, undisputed champ of the schoolyard.

Born with hand speed like Pacquiao and a jab like Foreman. GOAT genetics and a Sherdog approved hairline.

The culture is in the art... and I have seen enough of him both on the bag and in fights. He does not kick particularly hard. Sorry if I offended the biggest man crush in Muay Thai.
lol, you don't really know what you're talking about

I do enjoy how the more this thread goes on, the more you've just unravelled.

lol, you don't really know what you're talking about

I do enjoy how the more this thread goes on, the more you've just unravelled.

Again, you are so infatuated with Muay Thai, you can't think straight.

FWIW. I first did kicking age 15-16, 6 months Olympic Taekwondo. I a threw a punch here and there in Katas but very little. Kata was pass-over time in Olympic Taekwondo.

I also did Shotokan Karate for 6 months when I was 11, but beginners don't really throw much kicks. I threw a front kick at most. If you think any of that dabbling had a major impact on my kicking dexterity today, then be my guest.

I also did Shotokan Karate for 6 months when I was 11, but beginners don't really throw much kicks.
Beautiful. I actually will not waste for free my time a lot but.......
You most likely never in your life had recieved proper punch with fully worked out kime from even shotokan green belt.
And fully worked out kime is used for example on heavy bag. Okey, if not that traditional dojo.
--
The straight body blow is not worse than from a boxer.
I really wish for you once in real life get for example solar plexus blow from a 18 y.o guy in your weight that does have this shotokan green belt and did had some ammy ( ammy does not beat hard ) KB fights + is in A+ grade condition.
----------
Troll pharm is troll pharm and I don't care how any karate does work or doesn't here in forum.

Beautiful. I actually will not waste for free my time a lot but.......
You most likely never in your life had recieved proper punch with fully worked out kime from even shotokan green belt.
And fully worked out kime is used for example on heavy bag. Okey, if not that traditional dojo.
--
The straight body blow is not worse than from a boxer.
I really wish for you once in real life get for example solar plexus blow from a 18 y.o guy in your weight that does have this shotokan green belt and did had some ammy ( ammy does not beat hard ) KB fights + is in A+ grade condition.
----------
Troll pharm is troll pharm and I don't care how any karate does work or doesn't here in forum.

I did 6 years of ITF Taekwondo from age 23, and I have been head kicked full blast.

6 years ITF TKD without competitions? Exactly TKD both ITF and WTF is competitions based.

6 years ITF TKD without competitions? Exactly TKD both ITF and WTF is competitions based.

ITF is both a federation awarding belts to a style, and a sport. International Taekwondo Federation.

I sparred rounds for guys competing, but no I never entered. There was no money for the winner.

OK, let it go away. ITF TKD without punching training and so on. Amazing.

Back