Some very old muay thai vs kyokushin videos

That's not neccesarily true. The roundkick is not until red belt patterns and if they only train for sports where people throw spinning roundkicks, it's entirely possible we never got to that stage.

How would you learn the kicks that Taekwonwoo was demonstrating in that video, without an understanding of how to round kick?

How would you learn the kicks that Taekwonwoo was demonstrating in that video, without an understanding of how to round kick?

I know for a fact that they had us drilling that shit very early in. No kicking the air, all on mitts. It wasn't terrible training but very little practicality to focus on flashy moves. Full contact body conditioning, so that was good, but we didn't actually do any sparring in that 6 months time. I know since I never bought any protective gear.

I know for a fact that they had us drilling that shit very early in. No kicking the air, all on mitts. It wasn't terrible training but very little practicality to focus on flashy moves. Full contact body conditioning, so that was good, but we didn't actually do any sparring in that 6 months time. I know since I never bought any protective gear.

that isn't what I asked though

that isn't what I asked though

You will have to explain why you couldn't learn that separately.

Btw, here's an ITF (old style) world champion KOing an Olympic TaeKwondo World Champion. Since you don't think real TKD masters don't kick as hard as Muay Thai guys..

You will have to explain why you couldn't learn that separately.

Btw, here's an ITF (old style) world champion KOing an Olympic TaeKwondo World Champion. Since you don't think real TKD masters don't kick as hard as Muay Thai guys..

you're a fucking mong

How on a text based forum, is it so common for people not be able to read

How did you not know how to round kick, but instead learned some spinny bollocks that involves a round kick

you're a fucking mong

How on a text based forum, is it so common for people not be able to read

How did you not know how to round kick, but instead learned some spinny bollocks that involves a round kick

How the fuck do I know? It is a fact that I had no prior muscle memory knowledge of throwing a default roundhouse kick before joining ITF, but I did remember the tornado kick. so if I have no memory of it, I'm guessing we didn't cover it in those 6 months.

That's not neccesarily true. The roundkick is not until red belt patterns and if they only train for sports where people throw spinning roundkicks, it's entirely possible we never got to that stage.

You can't get a yellow belt in TKD without knowing how to round kick, in fact, most places won't even give you a yellow stripe on your white belt if you can't round kick.

You can't get a yellow belt in TKD without knowing how to round kick, in fact, most places won't even give you a yellow stripe on your white belt if you can't round kick.

You've said that now

Spacetime is a talented troll

Here, six pages in, a thread about Karate vs Thai boxing videos has devolved into an argument about his roundhouse kicking

Respect

If he fought like he troll'd, he'd be Glory champion.

Forget the dubs, just ban this clown already.

This thread was starting to get interesting thanks to @AndyMaBobs but then quickly turned into crap, like most things in this subforum.

I remember back in the day this subforum was an escape from the trolling garbage, now it's full of it.

Unfortunately there is 0 moderation here + despite my requests for more mods on multiple occasions, it has fallen on deaf ears.

Forget the dubs, just ban this clown already.

This thread was starting to get interesting thanks to @AndyMaBobs but then quickly turned into crap, like most things in this subforum.

I remember back in the day this subforum was an escape from the trolling garbage, now it's full of it.
Make F11 great again

While we're at it can we get rid of this guy too while the night is young ^

While we're at it can we get rid of this guy too while the night is young ^
Clarker might as well be banned at this point. I think most people have them on ignore because of the sheer amount of white noise they fill threads with.

Clarker legitimately posts like a chatbot.

Clarker might as well be banned at this point. I think most people have them on ignore because of the sheer amount of white noise they fill threads with.
correct. The one and only poster I’ve had to put on ignore in ten years Of posting. Its impressive in some ways

TKD has a standard syllabus. It's always front kick, round kick, side kick, back kick, in that order. The only way you don't learn a roundhouse kick in 6 months is if the instructor kicked you out for failing to learn the front kick, which is entirely possible.
....Yip....
.....Was going to point that out....
But I'm staying way away from this shitshow....

Just proves he's never taken a class if he thinks you learn RHK from a red belt Kata.He's watching Kata video's and thinks that's how you learn TKD...
I'm just saying but not saying....
iu

Those old Thai guys have great power from great training and mechanics that in hindsight everyone learned from....

Back