Some of you guys are impossible to please

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I see mostly negative reactions to the Max vs Gaethje fight, and I can't understand why?

A lot of people crying how Justin should be fighting Makhachev, and how Makhachev should ditch his ramadan, and how the BMF belt is meaningless, as arguments for why this fight shouldn't be happening.

I don't get it, I think it's a great matchup, I think it's perfect for both. Who cares about divisions, and titles, and BMF belts... just look at the fight itself.

You have 2 guys who are really really good, but just not good enough to be champ in their division. They can beat just about anyone else in their weight class, just not the guy holding the belt.

If you look at their recent records they are almost identical in the sense that both lost in a title shot back in 2020, then came back with a couple of wins, then both lost their next title shot in 2022, then both bounced back with 2 wins each since.

Either one of them against the champ in their division is not interesting to me, for one they're rematches (yes, Justin vs Islam is basically a rematch of Justing vs Khabib, and we all know that's how it ends again, we've all seen that movie).

This fight is great first and foremost because of that, because it's not a rematch, they are two legends from different weight classes and we have no idea how it ends.

It's also great because Justin is best known for breaking his opponents, and Max is best known for being unbreakable, he's always there til the very end and he doesn't get tired much, and he doesn't roll over.

So it's either that, or Max vs Volk 4, Justin vs whoever part 2 or 3, or a fresh new matchup that should be a real treat for the fans regardless of stakes or titles.

This is gonna be a war for as long as it lasts, I don't know what else they're gonna add to this card but I could easily see this ending up fight of the night.

xT8qB0sJy6TqjgBE7S.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif

<{JustBleed}>

Last edited:
It's likely because Max didn't look great against Poirier so there's no much hype for this one.

I personally rather see Max fight somebody at FW and Justin fight a natural LW.

Fun fight either way, it's just not the "wow" Dana is probably expecting

It's likely because Max didn't look great against Poirier so there's no much hype for this one.

Oh, of course good old, MMA math, Max could not beat Poirier and Justin could so therefore we already know the result.

I’ve been surprised way too many times in this sport to make such assumptions. To me it’s a 50/50 fight, I have no idea who wins and I love it.

Couldn't agree more. You get Edwards vs belal, You complain. You get a banger like Gaethje vs Max, you complain.

We all should expect the UFC to get freaky on this card. It's the tone they set from the start.

I enjoy this common conceit that fans are a collective hive mind that constantly 'contradicts' itself.

Different fans are pleased by different things.

Max vs Gaethje is a waste of time for people who are interested in actual competitive fights. Max is not a lightweight and this fight does nothing to move the division forward. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

Belal vs Edwards is fine. The problem with it is that we saw a glimpse of it once and Belal did not look competitive. But he is still the deserving number 1 contender in that weight class. So it is not a waste of time.

Just bleeders will disagree with me and prefer their Max vs Justin slop.

It's a great fight I just want to know what's really going on with Islam. Was offered fights at 297 & 298 but said no. Islam wanted 299 but then Dana says he's injured. Then Islam says he'll fight Gaethje June 8th, but the UFC books Gaethje April's 13th.

Keep in mind Ali is both Islam & Gaethje's manager, so how was Islam unaware of Gaethje/Max which has been rumored for almost 2 months? It's all puzzling for an overthinker.

300 looks great though & Max/Justin should be a war.

Funny thing is, too, this is probably the superfight to which he was alluding, recently. He will understand, eventually, not to hype shit too much, bc there's always going to be a sizable crowd who talks shit about it, even if it's badass.

for one they're rematches (yes, Justin vs Islam is basically a rematch of Justing vs Khabib, and we all know that's how it ends again, we've all seen that movie).
Man I dislike this narrative. First off, earned rematches are fine but most importantly, Islam is not Khabib. They are very different both in their skills and their approaches. Islam does not automatically 'earn' every win Khabib had. The only argument you should have is, the champ isn't ready and the top contender isn't settled.

The BMF titles are just gay
Very.

Oh, of course good old, MMA math, Max could not beat Poirier and Justin could so therefore we already know the result.
MY GUY! You  just said Islam vs Justin is a rematch.

Very American stance to have.
Sorry, but ya lost me, Sherbro.

At the end of the day, I like the fight.

As a big Max fan, I know his odds are not great and he will probably take a lot of punishment.

I just hope if Max gets beaten up he makes it competitive.

I’ve been surprised way too many times in this sport to make such assumptions. To me it’s a 50/50 fight, I have no idea who wins and I love it.
yeah it's like a fun one for the fans. These kinda fights come around every once in a while.

I can understand wishing Islam would fight, Or max could get a title fight. but this keeps max from picking off potential volk contenders while keeping max right up at the top of the division in FW. Gaethje I hope is getting paid a boat load of cash in this one and it keeps him paid in big fights against a big name opponent in Max.

Love it for Max, Love it for Gaethje, Love it for the fact it'll surely be an exciting fight.

What's not to like?

Back