Max: Let's Throw Down To A Guy That Could Not See And Had A Broken Nose

Really ? Crazy. So he thought he will catch him to the face. I tought it was pure accident.
Don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but his words in the interview were they studied Justin and noticed he did that. So he practiced that kick to catch him. I don’t know if he was targeting the nose, but obviously it worked either way.

He gave him one last chance to steal a win.

Don't be mad.

Why didn't Max ask Justin to just throw down at the beginning of the fight, when Justin was healthy and had not been poked in both eyes?
Rogan saying how great Halloway is. Let him fight Porier again and we will see how great he is.
let it go bro, your pre-fight predictions were wrong.

Don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but his words in the interview were they studied Justin and noticed he did that. So he practiced that kick to catch him. I don’t know if he was targeting the nose, but obviously it worked either way.
No I'm serious. I just skimmed over the fights. I tought it was his standard liver kick. I actually never seen someone hunt headkicks with mid spinning back kicks. Uriah caught Mousasi with it. I didn't know it was a thing to do it aimed. Never seen it before besides these two. Watched a yt breakdown and Max actually tried it multiple times. I thought it was an "accident". Impressive.

He gave him one last chance to steal a win.

Don't be mad.
People are getting salty with max not just standing there and letting justin bomb on him. I don’t get it. He is a professional and elite fighter with high fight iq. He was never going to just stand stationary in front him and let him hit him. The speed was definitely a factor in that fight and max movement.

Btw as a big max fan, I wouldn’t be asking why justin wouldn’t just stand in front of max if justin won. I would accept the other guy won and wouldn’t complain about it. Styles make fights and that was the case in this fight. Max brings some things to the table that aren’t obvious to every fight fan. Details matter. Honestly I thought skill for skill before the fight max was the better fighter and could beat Justin in that realm. But the power was always a factor so I thought just should be slightly favored in that at any time he has that one punch power. But max came up with the perfect game plan and offset Justin and confused him and had the faster hands and variation of striking. The movement was a big factor along with speed.

Well, Justin took the bait. Do you think someone like Islam would have done that? He would have immediately shot for a takedown.

Fight IQ goes both ways and Justin Homer Simpson'ed himself to a brutal KO that was probably career altering.

It doesn’t sound like the op understands techniques and game plans and how pro mma fighters use all that stuff. It wasn’t going to be rock em sock em robots. They are pro fighters and the elite of the elite.
The OP believes fighters are real life rock-em and sock-em robots.

Last edited:
People are getting salty with max not just standing there and letting justin bomb on him. I don’t get it. He is a professional and elite fighter with high fight iq. He was never going to just stand stationary in front him and let him hit him. The speed was definitely a factor in that fight and max movement.
I was flabbergasted by Max not in-fighting and exchanging. He was super patient. Even going for small knee stomps. Justin couldn't get his game off. I thought it was going to be brawlerish and exchanges and that Justin is more powerful and bigger. Now I'm thinking LW suits Max well and he might lose steam vs Ilia for a cut to 145.

Last edited:
pathetic internet warrior: this bitch would gla show you who's the bitch, but we both know that isn't going to happen, so go find someone else to troll, newbie
Your message-to-reactin-score would actually indicate that you in fact are the troll. Or you're simply the least intelligent member of Sherdog.

Dude, he took a risk and let Justin have a chance to win
nah, he knew justin had nothing left, he already figured him out for five rounds
dudes face was covered in blood and was swinging blindly lets be real
not saying it wasnt a great scrap and a sensationally timed ko

Last edited:
His nose was broke and Max viciously poked BOTH. His eyes . Justin was at a big disadvantage juat due to that. I think Max should of got a point taken for second poke.

Why didn't Max ask Justin to just throw down at the beginning of the fight, when Justin was healthy and had not been poked in both eyes?
Rogan saying how great Halloway is. Let him fight Porier again and we will see how great he is.

This has to be one of the most retarded responses to that moment I've seen.

Despite having the fight completely in the bag, Max gave Justin--one of the hardest hitters in the division--the biggest opportunity he had to win the fight with a fluke KO, since he had proven inferior to Max as an overall fighter that night.

It was an opportunity that Max was under no obligation to give him, and that literally no other fighter would have been gracious and badass enough to grant, and you're over here whining that Max didn't pull down his shorts and spread open his ass cheeks too.

There wasn’t a chance to be had by that point. Justin was so exhausted he could barely even throw punches, there was no danger there for Max whatsoever.
There is always an element of danger. Think Barry/Kongo or Robbie/Manhoef.

I am actually more impressed with Ngannou windmilling Rosenstreuk who was fresh and experienced in kickboxing.

His nose was broke and Max viciously poked BOTH. His eyes . Justin was at a big disadvantage juat due to that. I think Max should have got a point taken for second poke.

You need to stop making excuses for that broken nose.

Back