Some of you guys are impossible to please

nope, we just know Justin should fight the coward islam.

this era of UFC sucks

Fan of both... That said I think the mileage is creeping up on Max... Justin keeps surprising me frankly... Hope for a great fight...

Max was getting wobbled by a shopworn Zombie, yet somehow getting him to fight Gaethje of all people is the right move. LOL. Next you’ll tell me why Neil Magny is on a PPV main card and how we should be grateful for it. You’re a punk

It is a sick fight, it probably deserved its own card to be honest, i think we all are acting a bit like spoiled brats cause Dana White said UFC 300 would be crazy from the early prelim up to the main event, its a solid card, this one is a great fight, its just not that crazy so far, imo.

PS: Sick fight, i dont think its a great one for Holloway tho, he doesnt seem to pack the punch to hurt the elite LW´s and get their respect.

Don't blame the fans (entirely). Dana is the one who said he would blow our mind with this card, and a near retired Max is fighting JG. It's a fun fight. Just not mind blowing UFC 300 type fight that Dana is so hyping us for.

Good "Just Bleed" fight but it's not a title fight. BMF is silly, it would be more badass if they didn't promote it as a BMF fight. We usually know when two fighters are paired up and we have a potential bloodbath incoming.

I see mostly negative reactions to the Max vs Gaethje fight, and I can't understand why?

A lot of people crying how Justin should be fighting Makhachev, and how Makhachev should ditch his ramadan, and how the BMF belt is meaningless, as arguments for why this fight shouldn't be happening.

I don't get it, I think it's a great matchup, I think it's perfect for both. Who cares about divisions, and titles, and BMF belts... just look at the fight itself.

You have 2 guys who are really really good, but just not good enough to be champ in their division. They can beat just about anyone else in their weight class, just not the guy holding the belt.

If you look at their recent records they are almost identical in the sense that both lost in a title shot back in 2020, then came back with a couple of wins, then both lost their next title shot in 2022, then both bounced back with 2 wins each since.

Either one of them against the champ in their division is not interesting to me, for one they're rematches (yes, Justin vs Islam is basically a rematch of Justing vs Khabib, and we all know that's how it ends again, we've all seen that movie).

This fight is great first and foremost because of that, because it's not a rematch, they are two legends from different weight classes and we have no idea how it ends.

It's also great because Justin is best known for breaking his opponents, and Max is best known for being unbreakable, he's always there til the very end and he doesn't get tired much, and he doesn't roll over.

So it's either that, or Max vs Volk 4, Justin vs whoever part 2 or 3, or a fresh new matchup that should be a real treat for the fans regardless of stakes or titles.

This is gonna be a war for as long as it lasts, I don't know what else they're gonna add to this card but I could easily see this ending up fight of the night.

xT8qB0sJy6TqjgBE7S.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif
wise words indeed, its going to be a bloody , banger of a fight.

Fight will be fun. I just think it's horrifically one sided. I don't really see the point of it compared to other potential fights. But by no means is it a bad fight.

it's because Maxs last attempt to go up to LW was the molly whopping he received from poirier. the fight showed why weight classes exist. i dont recall max ever being in the fight, i remember him just eating punches, and visibly swaying from the impact of those punches. now to top it off, we have max going back up to LW, to fight an even insaner LW opponent, fresh off a head kick KO over the guy that beat him last time he went up to LW. they really have no ideas left, no good match making. while props to max, i don't see this ending well, or starting well for max. as soon as he eats one bomb, that gaethje will undoubtedly land, it's the beginning of the end.

I see mostly negative reactions to the Max vs Gaethje fight, and I can't understand why?

A lot of people crying how Justin should be fighting Makhachev, and how Makhachev should ditch his ramadan, and how the BMF belt is meaningless, as arguments for why this fight shouldn't be happening.

I don't get it, I think it's a great matchup, I think it's perfect for both. Who cares about divisions, and titles, and BMF belts... just look at the fight itself.

You have 2 guys who are really really good, but just not good enough to be champ in their division. They can beat just about anyone else in their weight class, just not the guy holding the belt.

If you look at their recent records they are almost identical in the sense that both lost in a title shot back in 2020, then came back with a couple of wins, then both lost their next title shot in 2022, then both bounced back with 2 wins each since.

Either one of them against the champ in their division is not interesting to me, for one they're rematches (yes, Justin vs Islam is basically a rematch of Justing vs Khabib, and we all know that's how it ends again, we've all seen that movie).

This fight is great first and foremost because of that, because it's not a rematch, they are two legends from different weight classes and we have no idea how it ends.

It's also great because Justin is best known for breaking his opponents, and Max is best known for being unbreakable, he's always there til the very end and he doesn't get tired much, and he doesn't roll over.

So it's either that, or Max vs Volk 4, Justin vs whoever part 2 or 3, or a fresh new matchup that should be a real treat for the fans regardless of stakes or titles.

This is gonna be a war for as long as it lasts, I don't know what else they're gonna add to this card but I could easily see this ending up fight of the night.

xT8qB0sJy6TqjgBE7S.gif

34a70d_e3282ed7370345fb949f6695107f67b1~mv2.gif
you tend to whine alot here on the forums.

yes gaethje should have got his title shot.

still waiting on the huge announcement for 300. It's a regular card so far.

I'm not complaining about this fight. I think it should be a good one.

I mean I don't want to be hating on it, but Poirier basically pureed Holloway's brain into a smoothie in one of the most disgusting beatdowns in UFC history, up there with what Gaethje did to Ferguson, and now Gaethje's the guy who's going to fight Holloway

Holloway could instead fight Ilia whether he wins or loses against Volk, or fight Movsar. These matchups are way better than the Gaethje fight

I mean I don't want to be hating on it, but Poirier basically pureed Holloway's brain into a smoothie in one of the most disgusting beatdowns in UFC history, up there with what Gaethje did to Ferguson, and now Gaethje's the guy who's going to fight Holloway

Holloway could instead fight Ilia whether he wins or loses against Volk, or fight Movsar. These matchups are way better than the Gaethje fight
Or been the guy to welcome Aljo to FW.

This is gonna be a war for as long as it lasts, I don't know what else they're gonna add to this card but I could easily see this e
Nobody asked for this fight, we already saw Max go to 155 and get bullied 49-46 by Dustin in a barely competitive fight, Gaethje is a better version of Dustin so this is almost certainly going to be a repeat.

Also the Islam Ramadan defense is laughable, are we cage fighting or believing in fairy tales here? If you were true to the religion you wouldn’t fight for money in the first place, I’m sure that’s more Haram than eating a certain time of day. They’re some of the biggest “do as I say, not as I do” hypocrites, Islam is just doing this to stall and try to slide in a double champ fight with Leon.

Max wont even bulk, he’ll probably just not cut, exactly like he did in the Dustin fight, which he 100% could have won if he didn’t accept being pushed against the fence for large periods of time

if ilia beats volk and volk decides to move up or retire or whatever, max is literally right there for the title shot. If he gets his chin cracked against gaethje, or even just takes a boatload of damage he won’t be the best version he could be to fight ilia who hits hard

it’s a terrible choice for max to make and his management is idiotic

gaethje doesn’t gain anything except a payday, and in the chance that he loses, his guaranteed title shot is now gone, plus his fake belt

Back