So you move to a new city by yourself....

I've done it. Making friends with other guys was difficult. I befriended a bunch of chicks on POF. Over time, I met a few surfing buddies that were friends with these chicks. I had 3 women that I could hang out with, that I never slept with, and another one that was a FWB because she wouldn't take no for an answer when she drank LOL. She was the only chick I've ever had that arrangement with that didn't get all crazy.

Join a club.

I move around a lot but one constant is I play Warhammer so I check out the local clubs and pick the one with the best people. Generally speaking the people I've met through Warhammer have been some of the most stand-up people I've ever met.

What hobbies do you have? Do those hobbies in new city. Talk to the people who have same hobbies. Never be friendless again.

Go to the local humane society and adopt a dog. Man's best friend. More loyal than any human.

Whereever you moved, you will probably be able to find the local headquarters for watching your favorite team play. That shits probably on reddit. Go to stuff like that

There are litterally hundreds of chicks in the area that would LOVE to put you in the friendzone

You could always put an ad on Craig's List saying that your looking to make some friends.

A gang is another good option.
Blood in. Blood out. You will have lifelong friends this way.

This is what you do:
1. Play World of Warcraft
2. Join a raid guild (preferably with many local players) that raids everyday.
3. Voice with them in Ventrillo
4. Hook-up and go to Dennys and talk about WOW and other loser activities
5. PROFIT

gtfo out sherdog and talk to the first attractive woman you see walking around.
Be a man.

edit: do you even lift?

I dunno, its probably too late at your age to make new friends. Everyone's comfortable already man, why are you trying to inconvenience people?

Friends are usually people I like to share my hobbies with. Sports, fitness, etc. Therefore I meet them through these activities.

If I wanted to find someone to have conversation with I would do so through conversation I guess. But I would never prioritize my search that way. The exception being a relationship.

It's important not to live vicariously.

This happened to me when I moved to St. Louis ten years ago. I initially made friends through work.

Dudes do stuff together. It's not like female friends who text all the time and give each other gifts and remember birthdays and stuff. I have female friends and they're great to talk to and get dinner with

But if I want to do things I call the guys. I love to play guitar and banjo, play pool, ride mountain bikes, box, and target shoot. Most of the people I hang with do one or all of them.

I'd say do what you like to do, when people ask about your weekend tell them what you did, and if they are interested they might say something like how fun that sounds. Or they might make a move on you right there. If it's the right guy you will know it and you two can have alot of fun together.

Just kidding. Do what you like to do. All you really need is like 3 friends to do stuff with in my opinion. Any more and I personally start breaking plans and hearts. I met the last couple thru my wife, doing stuff as couples.

Back