Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Over 10

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters
Just curious how many true friends everyone here has

Definition of true friends vary a lot depending on who you ask, but for the purpose of this thread

The following do NOT count as true friends
-Family members, spouses. So that includes parents, cousins, wives, husbands, children etc. I know they can be considered true friends but for this poll i count them as family rather than friends
-Co-workers - Unless you spend time with them a lot and talk to them outside of work settings, i treat them as co-workers
-Acquaintances - Someone you might know, shake hands with, and exchange small talk with if you bump into them is more of an acquaintance than true friend
-Online friends you have never met irl

True friends that are to be included in your poll choice are
-People you have known for a decent period of time, at least a few months, preferably years
-People that like you and you like them back and talk regularly
-People you spend time with frequently, daily, weekly, monthly at least. Or every few months if they live far away
-People you can ring up to talk or hang out without it feeling awkward

How many true friends do you have that tick at least most of the below criteria?

Just a few.

A few is all you need
Quality over quantity

I have 1 that lives near me, been my friend for over 30 years, I have 1 in California, 1 in New Mexico, 1 in Nepal (he's from Maine) he'll be in Nepal for 2 years.

I have a couple in Maine, but I don't get to see any them very often.
The ine that's close I spend every Saturday with to watch fights and shit.

I have 1 that lives near me, been my friend for over 30 years, I have 1 in California, 1 in New Mexico, 1 in Nepal (he's from Maine) he'll be in Nepal for 2 years.

I have a couple in Maine, but I don't get to see any them very often.
The ine that's close I spend every Saturday with to watch fights and shit.
Yeah I have a few friends that moved cities which sucks because we rarely see eachother
Grateful I have some that live nearby and have similar interests and hobbies like ufc and lifting weights etc

Yeah I have a few friends that moved cities which sucks because we rarely see eachother
Grateful I have some that live nearby and have similar interests and hobbies like ufc and lifting weights etc

I carve, paint, write, play music etc...nobody has those interests except my wife.
She carves and creates so that's cool.

None of my friends though.

Fighting is what connects me to my homeboy that's here...that and we've been like family forever.
He's a videogame junkie...I don't give 2 shits about games lol

Voted 3. Two guys I've known since my teens and a girl I've been close too about 9 years. Then there's a few people I consider friends and could talk to without it being awkward but we all have lives.

None. When i was a kid i had a few "best friends" Then they moved out of state, or they got into drugs. I didn't want to be a fucking drug addict loser so i did my own thing. I like to consider these friends "acquaintances" nothing more.
I even sold some blow and rock to old cats for a bit to make money, and i cut off my friends because they were turning into junkies. They ended up robbing me when i wasn't home for a few days. Got me for like 5 grand in rock, and 10 grand in cash. Didn't know who did it for a few years. I had recouped by the time i found out, it wasn't worth going after them and bringing the fuzz on me.

Last edited:
hug-warm-hug.gif

I wished Crafty can also enjoy the hugs with us.

Everyone in this thread can now increase their voted number by a few, because we are now all friends
1703658773579.png

None. When i was a kid i had a few "best friends" Then they moved out of state, or they got into drugs. I didn't want to be a fucking drug addict loser so i did my own thing. I like to consider these friends "acquaintances" nothing more.
Yeah I had a people i considered good friends go down that road, some even ended up in prison for it. Its good that you separated yourself from those type of crowds

I have about 3-5 people that I can pick up where I left off and talk to them regardless of time passed, or hang out but at this point we all have very separate lives and often go long times without seeing eachother.
Yeah i have a few i see like once a year or 6 months, with the last time being their bucks party and wedding coming soon, and we just pick up where we left off.
Do you have any friends you see like once every week or few weeks?

Back