• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So what's the early prediction on Jiri vs Poatan 2?

I’d pay to watch these two BMFs fight on the first Saturday of every month.

Reactions: HHJ
Jiri needs to grapple.
That's it!
Wrasle, boy, wrasle!
Hug, hug, hug, don't let him get away!

I like Jiri, he is very entertaining, but his striking isn't that good to beat Alex.

He did try that in the first fight of course but Alex is pretty effective at making fighters work hard to hold him down, I would argue the biggest factor in Alex/Jan was that Jan gassed himself in the 1st round going so hard for grappling and this is a 5 round fight.

I think you could argue in the first Alex/Jiri fight as well Jiri was aware of Alex ability to counter him and dialed back on his aggression but that resulted in Alex blasted his legs instead.

Honestly I think ultra aggressive might be the best option, mix in some grappling threat and hope he finishes Alex before he gets finished. As we saw in the first fight though a good counter fighter can break the chin of otherwise very tough fighters, guys who will just not go down to punishment liek Jiri can be KOed or just rocked badly enough their finished.

Last edited:
Jiri had a couple decent moments in the first fight. I think he'll have more this time around, but it'll probably end with Goatan KOing him again in under 3 rounds.

Jiri takes an even more brutal nap.

That in and out bouncing with hands at waste and timidity to throw is literally the perfect style for Alex' left hand. Expect a check hook left hand KO.

Jiri just snatched victory from the jaws of defeat through sheer barbarity, so whatever ancient tree gods reside in his head are probably egging him on to strike with Alex again.

Which may actually work, the man is an anomally.

I rewatched Jiri vs Rakic and I'm still not convinced with Jiri.

He ate leg kicks galore, not even an attempt to check any of them, and I think Rakic landed atleast in the double digits of power shots to Jiri's head, like legitimate head snapping right hands.

You do not beat Poatan with this style of fighting, you get put to sleep.

Alex is a deserving favorite but I have a feeling Jiri will find a way to win this and set up a trilogy. Where he gets knocked out

Jiri by KO round 2

But before he gets the KO people in the PBP and Joe Rogan ejaculate 800 times over regarding the fact that Alex lands some leg kicks

Jiri's going to have go all out assault from the moment the bell rings. He can't let Poatan get comfortable or start racking up those leg kicks on him. I predict a first round finish either way. Jiri can definitely get it done.

Game plan is easy for Jiri, do what he did in the first fight and not get hit with the left. Alex by tko

I was just rewatching the first fight on YouTube. Jiri was tagging Potan especially with uppercuts and jiri was making Potan uncomfortable and backing him up. The ko shot came as jiri forced an exchange while Potan was still moving backwards. Jiri just has to watch out for the leg kicks but jiri definitely can hurt Potan on the feet. I think jiri gets his title back.

Thought the first bout was stopped a bit early (imo it looked like Jiri was just bringing Poatan to the ground and hoping to outgrapple him, even though it would have been from mount) so I could see Jiri coming out storming in this one. You could see how much it hurt him when Buffer said 'by knockout' so he'll be ensuring that doesn't happen again

I think if Jiri can just keep him on the ground and make it a grappling match then he'll have it. If it's all standup like the last one I'd bet on Pereira

Jiri is powerful and exciting. He doesnt look smart, tho.
I expect Alex to finish him with less trouble than last time.

Last edited:
Thought the first bout was stopped a bit early (imo it looked like Jiri was just bringing Poatan to the ground and hoping to outgrapple him, even though it would have been from mount) so I could see Jiri coming out storming in this one. You could see how much it hurt him when Buffer said 'by knockout' so he'll be ensuring that doesn't happen again

I think if Jiri can just keep him on the ground and make it a grappling match then he'll have it. If it's all standup like the last one I'd bet on Pereira
If he gets him to the ground again he def needs to find an answer to Poatan controlling his wrists. I hope hes already worked on that.

Gonna rewatch the fight and give my thoughts.

Back