So Kron Gracie just quit?

Rickson's last fight was when he was 42 years old.....that's mid career?
He started fighting way before that, just not for a legitimate record keeping mma organization. But he was doing mma though since his 20s I believe.

I still don’t totally understand what his game plan was for that fight. Admittedly Cub did a good job with his footwork and being elusive but it seems like Kron could have brought in some world class wrestlers and just focused his strategy around getting the fight to the ground at all costs. He was never going to win a kickboxing match with Cub.
Hung out with the Diaz brothers and thinks he's a boxer

People should read Rickson Gracie's new book called Breathe and listen to his interview with Jocko Willink before saying all Gracie's are quitters. Rickson was an absolute animal.

They (99% of Brazilians) are clueless about taking someone down. Hence, their BJJ talents become nullified. Go to BJJ gyms and see how much time they spend standing up. Watch how some of these guys simply pull guard when rolling or in BJJ tournaments, World, ADCC, Gracie schools.. one instructor pulled guard on me and i laughed with a kick missing his head, i said this is what would happen in a street fight.
Dumb post. You know two things, jack and shit.

He moved, started a new academy, is enjoying his new living location, and at 6:12 he addresses his next UFC fight, you lazy, fucks.

He trained the Diaz brothers and is one of the best grapplers ever. His school will do VERY well.

Rickson is one of the all time legends of combat sports, for sure.
He had the Vale Tudo violence thing down. Hard knee kicks, brutal GNP, Vale Tudo style takedowns. His stamina was ridiculous. Even his warm-up routines were legendary.

Rich family and he can just chill and compete in BJJ, work as a trainer / gym owner, or do whatever the hell else he wants.

I'm sure winning MMA fights was a great rush while it lasted, but that beating from Cub probably wasn't very fun.

Yeah I'd love to see how many of you internet trolls and todays MMA fighters would be willing to step into a cage or ring and fight NHB fighting with no weight or time limit like Rickson, Royce and even though I don't like his attitude Renzo Gracie did back in the day.
They also fought when no one could defend submissions so it was like Taking candy from a baby.

In the USA, most family businesses don't survive into the third generation. I am sure that goes for other countries.

The Gracies, as far as the BJJ instruction business goes, are beating the odds.

Anyway, it is very rough when a child doesn't want to go into the family business. They face quite a bit of internal and external conflict.

I don't know a lot about Kron, but it's better to get out early than to fake it.

He moved, and iirc started a new gym. So he's busy with an actual business that supports his life.
Dude, MMA in general and fighting in the UFC specifically is not a career. It is an OPPORTUNITY (to be a broke vegetablel.

Like others said, he's probably still sailing around the world looking for the edge.
images

3 pages and no mention of Ralph "Pitbull" Gracie?? <DisgustingHHH>

He was hyped to the max by the family (most aggressive Gracie since his brother Ryan [RIP], most talented Gracie since Hickson, the future of the family...), went 5-0 outside of PRIDE, got signed, and after beating my man Dokonjonosuke Mishima, he got blasted by Gomi in 6 seconds in an homage to the future Masvidal/Askren bout, but sadly didn't dethrone the official BMF champ <mma1>

That was Ralph's last MMA bout, after that he went back to grappling in Brazil where the competition is easier.

And Gomi, well this fight was after his back-to-back losses to Joachim Hansen and BJ Penn, when he put the a crazy winning streak (including the Chute Boxe feud) that solidified him as the GOAT Japanese LW
(and overall top 5 LW GOAT)

Reactions: kuf
Back