So Kron Gracie just quit?

The man does things that shertards are unable to do. Fights, sets up his own business so he can make a living, brings honor to his family. All things that shertards are void of.

Maybe if Kron Gracie was a basement dwelling loser who can only talk shit about people 1000x more successful than him he would get some more credit here.

They (99% of Brazilians) are clueless about taking someone down. Hence, their BJJ talents become nullified. Go to BJJ gyms and see how much time they spend standing up. Watch how some of these guys simply pull guard when rolling or in BJJ tournaments, World, ADCC, Gracie schools.. one instructor pulled guard on me and i laughed with a kick missing his head, i said this is what would happen in a street fight.

oh, that is as silly as faking a TD while sparring in a boxing gym, then laughing and saying 'this is what would happen in a street fight' :D

Kron was criminally underpaid in the UFC.

His first fight was against Caceres in February 2019 on ESPN's Velasquez -vs- Ngannou card. Fortunately the commission in Arizona releases official purse data so we don't have to guess.

Kron was paid 27k to show.

I know some of you jabroni's like to defend the UFC for keeping 82% of the revenue coming in but you don't realize it chases off talent you want to see. One of the most famous grapplers in the world who took up MMA and is a unique talent is sitting in his academy because the UFC wants to pay him like a janitor.

UFC pay is an absolute embarrassment and its holding back the sport.

I'm a kron fan but I thibk it's valid to ask where he went. He was talking like he was going to takeover the world as a fighter.

Nothing wrong with it. I'd like to see him grapple more than fight honestly. Dude can just teach classes if he wants. Just has to be careful not to fall off the Earth.

He didn't look to have a plan for Cub. Walked forward throwing bolos. Didn't get to show his grappling at all. If you come in like that probably not gonna be a long run.

Kron was criminally underpaid in the UFC.

His first fight was against Caceres in February 2019 on ESPN's Velasquez -vs- Ngannou card. Fortunately the commission in Arizona releases official purse data so we don't have to guess.

Kron was paid 27k to show.

I know some of you jabroni's like to defend the UFC for keeping 82% of the revenue coming in but you don't realize it chases off talent you want to see. One of the most famous grapplers in the world who took up MMA and is a unique talent is sitting in his academy because the UFC wants to pay him like a janitor.

UFC pay is an absolute embarrassment and its holding back the sport.
I would agree in general that fighter pay is unconscionable, but not specifically in regards to Kron or that it’s holding the sport back.

Last night was the first time I’d watched Bellator in ages, and I thought the whole bringing in a tomato can to lose to a Gracie thing was embarrassing and indicative of a stick in the 90’s mindset.

just being detached, maybe you and I have a ton of respect for great grapplers, but I don’t think they stir up much interest generally. Submission grappling is way niche.

In terms of what fighters are willing to accept, it’s just sad to me. The UFC have been allowed to be a monopoly like the major stick and ball sport leagues but with none of the responsibilities.

I see a lot of people talking bullshit about the gracie family. I would love to watch these board warriors do it live tho
No wonder why some ppl get their asses whooped every now and then
Do what live? Talk bullshit to the Gracie families faces? What do you think would happen?

He doesn't have to get punched in the face for a living. Expecting him to because he was in mma for a short period is kind of dumb of you. He has back up plans. The back up plan is always better than being an mma fighter where you have to be a huge star in order to make an decent money.

I would agree in general that fighter pay is unconscionable, but not specifically in regards to Kron or that it’s holding the sport back.

Last night was the first time I’d watched Bellator in ages, and I thought the whole bringing in a tomato can to lose to a Gracie thing was embarrassing and indicative of a stick in the 90’s mindset.

just being detached, maybe you and I have a ton of respect for great grapplers, but I don’t think they stir up much interest generally. Submission grappling is way niche.

In terms of what fighters are willing to accept, it’s just sad to me. The UFC have been allowed to be a monopoly like the major stick and ball sport leagues but with none of the responsibilities.

I think overall you are agreeing with me.

Forget specific tastes for a minute, the larger point is so long as the UFC is paying someone as world famous and talented as Kron an embarrassing 27k to fight live on ESPN, its going to keep suitably young and talented athletes out of the sport.

You have to be completely out of options to want to trade brain damage for pay that low.

Like others said, he's probably still sailing around the world looking for the edge.

Gracie gonna Gracie

Back