So Kron Gracie just quit?

Some guys just don't have it, you could just see from his first few fights that he is never going to develop any sort of striking, and he doesn't have the wrestling to take it to the mat either, tough guy who could take a shot, but you could just see in his fight with Swanson, he was so tense everytime Swanson threw something at him, just covering up and looking down, that tells me everything.

Better off teaching than getting pulverized for chump change.

What lessons? That's a nebulous answer if i've ever seen one.
If you so curious about what will happen if you do it, it is easy, go to one of their gyms and try for yourself. You will find out 1st hand

They (99% of Brazilians) are clueless about taking someone down. Hence, their BJJ talents become nullified. Go to BJJ gyms and see how much time they spend standing up. Watch how some of these guys simply pull guard when rolling or in BJJ tournaments, World, ADCC, Gracie schools.. one instructor pulled guard on me and i laughed with a kick missing his head, i said this is what would happen in a street fight.

I have been around Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu and mma for 20 years, I dont even need to see you to know the type of guy you are. I can already tell in a so called "street fight" you would be humiliated.

Yea so typical "Gracie behavior"
Everyone with my same last name is exactly like me, too.
Just how it works, isn't it?
Just think how you are the same as everyone in your extended family, too.
Name=Behavior.
Learn something everyday from my Sher-bros!

Bro science has been scientifically proven to work. 60% of the time it works everytime.

Yea so typical "Gracie behavior"
Everyone with my same last name is exactly like me, too.
Just how it works, isn't it?
Just think how you are the same as everyone in your extended family, too.
Name=Behavior.
Learn something everyday from my Sher-bros!
:rolleyes:

Calm down now, its going to alright

He's busy following his pescatarian diet and doing breathing exercises on the beach.

tumblr_md5niygKjL1rvcjd7o1_500.gif

The fight to make is Ryan Hall vs Kron. 15 minutes straight, no rounds. That would be fun.

Was Rickson his dad? If so you know not of what you speak. Ricksons other son died and he went into a depression.
Screenshot_20210920-160802_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes he was his father and I don't get your point, what does rocksons death have to do with what I said?

In the USA, most family businesses don't survive into the third generation. I am sure that goes for other countries.

The Gracies, as far as the BJJ instruction business goes, are beating the odds.

Anyway, it is very rough when a child doesn't want to go into the family business. They face quite a bit of internal and external conflict.

I don't know a lot about Kron, but it's better to get out early than to fake it.
Probably worth noting that a generation is essentially thirty years in the USA and about half that in a third world country.

What are you trying to imply here?
That the Gracies are thin skinned psychopaths who will probably commit an aggrevated assault against someone who says mean things about them on the internet. Check out their "dojo stormin" and "challenge matches" literally just gang beat downs of their rivals for no reason other than to teach them "hespect".

He didn't quit he's just taking 5 years off

Like many bjj guys, he doesn’t come across as a mma lifer. More like he had a brief itch for the sport, scratched it and has moved on to something else. He could’ve also realized that he was far from the level he needed to be to compete for a title after his last match. I don’t see anything wrong with either scenario. Dude was a warrior in his last fight.

That the Gracies are thin skinned psychopaths who will probably commit an aggrevated assault against someone who says mean things about them on the internet. Check out their "dojo stormin" and "challenge matches" literally just gang beat downs of their rivals for no reason other than to teach them "hespect".

That was product of the times in Brazil. I don’t think they do that anymore.

Like many bjj guys, he doesn’t come across as a mma lifer. More like he had a brief itch for the sport, scratched it and has moved on to something else. He could’ve also realized that he was far from the level he needed to be to compete for a title after his last match. I don’t see anything wrong with either scenario. Dude was a warrior in his last fight.
yeah, I think there's just a lot of dogma that's taken a while to sort of break through. I just don't see it really being worth it for bjj guys that have good branding and can make a good living with bjj to go into mma. They'd need years of cross training and there's only so much time in a day. I think what happens a lot of the time is they just realize that to be the case and it's like too much of a gamble to toss to the wind.

Kron already said in the interview posted, he's just settling into his new home in Bozeman, Montana, and working on building up his gym. He said he's been offered tons of fights since the Cub fight and that he's taking care of establishing his new gym before choosing an opponent.

Back