so i just heard UFC 204 in the UK is on at US prime time??!??

BT sport isn't free dumbass.
Okay dude do you need everything spelled out for you like a child?

Neither is FS1 but people still call cards on TV "free" cards dumbass because they are on cable.

The point is you don't have to buy PPVs to watch the UFC it's insanely cheap compared to the US.

Pretty simple lmao

US won every major battle in Vietnam. That war was "lost" because of politics at home. People were disillusioned with the war.

We also happen to have the most powerful military to ever exist.

It really is no contest. The US military has such a clear dominance on military technology, education, and capabilities it's not even funny.

• The US is responsible for 41% of global military expenditures. That's right the US is responsible for almost half of the world's military expenditures. The U.S. spends more on defense than the next seven countries combined... $620 BILLION.
  • The US Navy has the SECOND largest Air Force in the world. First is the US Air Force.
  • The US has the second largest active military in the world after China. This is complemented by the US's air and naval forces. Speaking of which:

• The US has the most aircraft carriers in the world BY FAR at 10. No other country even has Nimitz class carriers. The US is building an 11th. The UK is tied with Italy with non Nimitz class carriers at 2. The US has as many carriers in service as the rest of the world. Think of each one as a mobile air force base. These are all Nimitz-class carriers, meaning they are a class of super-carriers that can hold about 90 planes each, travel at around 30 knots, and house 2 nuclear reactors for propulsion. These motherfuckers can go over 20 years without refueling! That means the US has 10 mobile air force bases that essentially never rests. The US is the undisputed Queen Bitch of the seas.
And that's only the carriers. Globally, there are 28 Cruisers and 150 Destroyers. The US owns 22 of those Cruisers and 62 of those Destroyers.The US has the biggest air force, bar none. Technologically, the Russians have come out with an almost equivalent air fighter but the US has a much larger air force and the logistical capability to fight anywhere efficiently.
  • As if all these conventional weapons aren't enough, the US's nuclear capabilities are mind-boggling. Everyone knows the US and Russia generally have the same amount of nuclear weapons (around 5,000) but the US's delivery systems are unparalleled. The US holds 71 of 134 total nuclear powered submarines in the world.
Out of these 71, 18 are Ohio-class. These are capable of holding 24 Trident SLBM missiles that each hold up to 8 MIRV (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle) nuclear warheads. Each of these MIRV warheads hold a firepower of 100 kilotons of TNT. That means each of these subs could hold 24 missiles that can each separate into 8 nuclear warheads, totaling 192 warheads, each with a range of 4,600 miles. That means a sub off of NYC could hit Anchorage. You read that right. We essentially have 18 mobile nuclear launch bases that can move underwater.

Say there is knowledge of an impending nuclear attack by, say, North Korea. Suppose that US satellites saw North Koreans fueling the missiles and that they were going to launch a warhead. Before they were even done fueling, I am sure the US would have a few subs in the area and be capable of independently targeting each major city and military site in North Korea and nuking them. If they wanted to.

Forbes from a few years ago about whether China could sink a US Carrier.. There was a discovery show on the Nimitz class carrier and it stated that a single US Nimitz carrier was the fifth most powerful national air force in the world by itself.
didnt read...

nazi-Germany_zps31c9db5e.gif~c200

stop crying, i pay in germany 15€ for a ppv. What i can expect if dana is squizzing 60 dollazzz out of the american folks. There is no reason to care bout the europeans, we will still watch lmao

US won every major battle in Vietnam. That war was "lost" because of politics at home. People were disillusioned with the war.

We also happen to have the most powerful military to ever exist.

It really is no contest. The US military has such a clear dominance on military technology, education, and capabilities it's not even funny.

• The US is responsible for 41% of global military expenditures. That's right the US is responsible for almost half of the world's military expenditures. The U.S. spends more on defense than the next seven countries combined... $620 BILLION.
  • The US Navy has the SECOND largest Air Force in the world. First is the US Air Force.
  • The US has the second largest active military in the world after China. This is complemented by the US's air and naval forces. Speaking of which:

• The US has the most aircraft carriers in the world BY FAR at 10. No other country even has Nimitz class carriers. The US is building an 11th. The UK is tied with Italy with non Nimitz class carriers at 2. The US has as many carriers in service as the rest of the world. Think of each one as a mobile air force base. These are all Nimitz-class carriers, meaning they are a class of super-carriers that can hold about 90 planes each, travel at around 30 knots, and house 2 nuclear reactors for propulsion. These motherfuckers can go over 20 years without refueling! That means the US has 10 mobile air force bases that essentially never rests. The US is the undisputed Queen Bitch of the seas.
And that's only the carriers. Globally, there are 28 Cruisers and 150 Destroyers. The US owns 22 of those Cruisers and 62 of those Destroyers.The US has the biggest air force, bar none. Technologically, the Russians have come out with an almost equivalent air fighter but the US has a much larger air force and the logistical capability to fight anywhere efficiently.
  • As if all these conventional weapons aren't enough, the US's nuclear capabilities are mind-boggling. Everyone knows the US and Russia generally have the same amount of nuclear weapons (around 5,000) but the US's delivery systems are unparalleled. The US holds 71 of 134 total nuclear powered submarines in the world.
Out of these 71, 18 are Ohio-class. These are capable of holding 24 Trident SLBM missiles that each hold up to 8 MIRV (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle) nuclear warheads. Each of these MIRV warheads hold a firepower of 100 kilotons of TNT. That means each of these subs could hold 24 missiles that can each separate into 8 nuclear warheads, totaling 192 warheads, each with a range of 4,600 miles. That means a sub off of NYC could hit Anchorage. You read that right. We essentially have 18 mobile nuclear launch bases that can move underwater.

Say there is knowledge of an impending nuclear attack by, say, North Korea. Suppose that US satellites saw North Koreans fueling the missiles and that they were going to launch a warhead. Before they were even done fueling, I am sure the US would have a few subs in the area and be capable of independently targeting each major city and military site in North Korea and nuking them. If they wanted to.

Still got beat by a load of farmers with pitch forks. America's inability to deal with guerilla warfare had nothing to do with them showing coverage of the war in american homes.

Neither is FS1 but people still call cards on TV "free" cards dumbass because they are on cable.

The point is you don't have to buy PPVs to watch the UFC it's insanely cheap compared to the US.

Pretty simple lmao

ok dumbass let me spell it out for you.

you pay for bt sport ON TOP of your usual satellite tv package. and depending on what your existing package is you may have to pay for bt sport ON TOP of your existing sport package too. it's not cheap.

satellite basic is about 50 quid a month. stick another 30 or so on top if you want sport package. and sometimes you need up to 20 or so more to add bt sport to that.

there are some cheaper ways, you can get it for 20 quid a month if you sign up to their broadband. but you're paying monthly fee for broadband as well.

Pretty simple lmao
I'd like to see what percentage of you self righteous paying customers actually pay for the ppv, and then get another percentage of those paying who feel the price is fair at 60$. BT sport works out to 26$ a month which is cheaper but it's still something.

That is bullshit. Sucks for the UK fans and the fighters. I wouldnt have minded watching in the afternoon.

Its not bullshit. You guys pay fucking nothing compared to us. If we have to pay all the money to keep the UFC alive, then it should be tailored to our time zones. If you guys want to start paying 60$ per pay per view, I can see the reason for complaining.

i dont mind staying up til 4 or 5am because the boxing is on until that time anyways and we get it for free in the uk on cable tv however i do think its a little silly for them to start the uk card at 3am its a logistical nightmare for fans normally they put the uk cards on at around 5pm local time for prelims then 7pm for main card even if they started the prelims at like 9pm it would be ok but i can honestly see them rescheduling this for a different time to suit the fans in the arena

There's alot of arseholes in this thread but I do hope there's a very low crowd in the arena. If the UFC want to put the event on at this time to cater to the Americans then have the event in America. It's not fair on the fighters either.

I do feel for my fellow European fans. I remember watching Pride and even the last couple of Rizin events at fuck all hours, but from a business aspect it makes sense.

Most all of the UFC's revenue comes from the U.S. as it's an American product.

The UK's population is 64 million where the U.S. population is 322 million. Not to mention the Fan base in Canda and in Cental and South America who share similar time Zones. That's 1billion people within a few hours of each other (timezone wise) vs the UK's 64 million.

If you really thought a UFC PPV was going to cater to Brittan's Time Zone I'm afraid you weren't looking at the big picture.

The event does start 2 hours earlier than most PPV's, but it still sucks for you guys as the ppv will start at 3:00 am Brittish Summer Time.

Last edited:
Lol at living in Europe.

Another reason to move.

lol at these Europeans trying to claim they pay as much as we do for a cable program. Even if it's like hbo its still wayyy cheaper then what we pay, that is why they cater to the US because we bring in the money.

Back