so i just heard UFC 204 in the UK is on at US prime time??!??

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/4/12383476/michael-bisping-vs-dan-henderson-2-agreed-for-ufc-204

Interestingly enough, the main event will happen at approximately 5 a.m. local time to accommodate the North American pay-per-view audience.

In order for the event to be broadcast live during Prime Time hours on the east coast of North America, it is expected that the main card will begin at 3:00 am (October 9) local time in Manchester (GMT), with a full preliminary card beginning at approximately 11:30 pm (October 8) local time.

Last edited:
If I had to stay up til 5 to watch fights I'd be pissed to.. but I don't so all I have to say is sucks for y'all! :p

And... That's a wrap
Stop acting like you guys pay for the actual PPV, you guys can go to a bar or go to a friends house, while doing that at 5am isn't as easy.

when bisping won the belt i was shouting with joy, not particularly cause i like the guy, but for once, just once i might to get to watch a PPV card at regular hours with my friends having a few beers and food and not inhaling coffee and altering my sleeping patterns to stay up until 6am like usual and being wrecked for work monday morning.
Its pretty simple business. You dont pay for PPV's over there, the US does. The money is in the US, considering the gate will sell out regardless in the UK.

My mates were gonna go but when they worked out the total cost of the night, they thought twice. Couple of hundred pounds for good tickets; couple of hundred pounds transport (they all live scattered around the UK); hotel for the night; then the cost of a mammoth night out in Manchester and the amount of class A's they'd need to ensure they're buzzing at 5am when the big show kicks off. They'd be looking at £1000 or something all in, which is basically a holiday with the missus for each of them. 5am is such a ridiculous start time, its one thing staying up til that time watching on TV here but to pay top money for tickets and all the extras....

Stop acting like you guys pay for the actual PPV, you guys can go to a bar or go to a friends house, while doing that at 5am isn't as easy.

THIS.

Try finding a bar with a small-ish cover charge showing live sports from 3-6am on a Sunday morning. Not gonna happen. Try finding fans to spend £50 on a sporting event that won't kick off until 3am, on a monthly basis. Not gonna happen. 9pm? Sure, lots would.

I pay for the actual PPV
60 bones everytime

Does going to a friends house magically make it free because if it does I may start doing that

I went to that Swedish fox event with Gus-Rumble ME and it was middle of the night. Didn't mind at all actually as it was easier to move around in Stockholm at nighttime.

I pay for the actual PPV
60 bones everytime

Does going to a friends house magically make it free because if it does I may start doing that

I buy the PPV (assuming its a good card) as well

A company catering to where they're based and make the most money?

Insanity!

Dana - "our money making audience is in America ya goof! How else do ya expect us to make money? Ya fucken goof! Your lucky were bringing you a shitty card to your shitty country in the first place!"

yeah, it seems fucking retarded, indeed

glad I'm not european

I pay for the actual PPV
60 bones everytime

No but you to tend to split it withunless you're bringing the booze

A company catering to where they're based and make the most money?

Insanity!

it's a extremely short sighted business move though. yeah they make more money on this one event, but piss off almost the entire european MMA community, making much less money from future PPVs due to us being so pissed off we don't buy them anymore.

it's a extremely short sighted business move though. yeah they make more money on this one event, but piss off almost the entire european MMA community, making much less money from future PPVs due to us being so pissed off we don't buy them anymore.

Europe could always start their own huge MMA promotion.

i guess u werent around during this

PRIDE-FC-logo.jpg

Back