So Arlovski is not training or talking with Overeem after their fight

Lombard who has the worst rep when it comes to gym bullying has never sent anyone to the hospital during training, Alistair has injured numerous people. Not just with sparring but with a takedown during grappling too. The man is inexcusable.

He's injured 2 people in training and freak injuries during takedowns are just that freak injuries. No one ever said anything about Overeem training too hard till he stopped training in the Netherlands. This isn't a black and white issue like you seem to think it is, you don't just unlearn how you have sparred for 20+ years quickly and easily. Get real man. The way he's sparred for 20+ years is not how Americans spar and that is the main issue and he's adjusting.

He's injured 2 people in training and freak injuries during takedowns are just that freak injuries. No one ever said anything about Overeem training too hard till he stopped training in the Netherlands. This isn't a black and white issue like you seem to think it is, you don't just unlearn how you have sparred for 20+ years quickly and easily. Get real man. The way he's sparred for 20+ years is not how Americans spar and that is the main issue and he's adjusting.

LOL so now you blame the Netherlands for Overeem being a dick during training. What a goof, how much more are you going to grasp at straws to defend your idol? List all these Dutch fighters who injure training partners please, instead of acting like some expert who claims that "this is the dutch way". Nobody is buying it from an Overeem fan.
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...etic-for-bad-mouthing-him-in-the-press-090214

This case is bigger than just the 2 people he has injured that were made public. By several accounts he's a bully who hurts you during training if you start getting the best of him. He's the same way in his actual fights eh? A Lion when it's going his way, a pussycat when the going gets tough.

Guto was also badly injured by Overeem and had to get surgery, again by a "freak injury" from a takedown. That's strike 3, I wonder how the non-biased mma guy is going to spin this one:
There was another reason I didn't want to work with him that day. My trainer, Henri Hooft was training with us. Now Henri has a bad stomach; he's had a lot of stomach issues, had surgery and whatnot. He had been working with Alistair, and everyone in that gym knows Henri has a bad stomach, so we know not to go hard, especially in his midsection.

Right off the bat, Alistair got him in a clinch and threw a hard knee, BAM! right in his stomach. I'm like, ‘Okay, strike 20.' Then, I seen him in there, and Henri got out of position. Alistair moved where he was on Henri's left side, but behind him, and he threw a punch. That punch was straight at the back of Henri's head. That was the moment I knew that I fucking hated this guy. I don't have respect for anybody like that.

My partner, Guto Inocente was sparring with him. Guto is really smooth and technical. You wouldn't know it by his last fight [laughs], but he is. I wasn't there, but the guys in the gym said that Guto was piecing Alistair up. They said Alistair got frustrated and grabbed him by the knee and took him down hard. When he did that, he blew out Guto's knee. He had to have surgery and everything after that. This was during stand-up practice. Why would you take him down when it's just a striking session?
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/8...ls-incidents-of-overeems-bullying-blackzilian

But lets pin this all on Dutch fighters in general.

Fuck. That kick. Jeebus. I missed it so that's my first time seeing it. Poor Arlovski

Poor Overeem too

“My toe was at a 45-degree angle – I was like, no, I didn’t break my toe,” he said. “But luckily, the (doctor) pulled it straight in, and it was good. But it might have been falling off, I don’t know.”

LOL so now you blame the Netherlands for Overeem being a dick during training. What a goof, how much more are you going to grasp at straws to defend your idol? List all these Dutch fighters who injure training partners please, instead of acting like some expert who claims that "this is the dutch way". Nobody is buying it from an Overeem fan.
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...etic-for-bad-mouthing-him-in-the-press-090214

This case is bigger than just the 2 people he has injured that were made public. By several accounts he's a bully who hurts you during training if you start getting the best of him. He's the same way in his actual fights eh? A Lion when it's going his way, a pussycat when the going gets tough.

lol, he's not my idol, i'm not even really much of an Overeem fan, why does someone have to be a fan in your eyes to understand that not all cultures spar the same way?

Bas Rutten and many other fighters that trained in the Netherlands know that Dutch fighters spar very hard very often it's part of their MMA/kickboxing culture to spar like a real fight.

Have you ever trained? Or done something a certain way for 2 decades then all of a sudden have to change your habits? It is not easy.

200.gif

lol, he's not my idol, i'm not even really much of an Overeem fan, why does someone have to be a fan in your eyes to understand that not all cultures spar the same way?

Bas Rutten and many other fighters that trained in the Netherlands know that Dutch fighters spar very hard very often it's part of their MMA/kickboxing culture to spar like a real fight.

Have you ever trained? Or done something a certain way for 2 decades then all of a sudden have to change your habits? It is not easy.

Again, show me evidence of dutch fighters regularly causing severe injuries to training partners or drop that BS. Plenty of non-Dutch gyms have hard sparring, no severe injuries though. Two of those injuries were caused by takedowns, not strikes, so this point fails even if it was true. I have given plenty of proof to back my claims up, all you can do is act like an expert because you've made over 20k posts on sherdog.

Overeem is a bully during training and his fights, how much more proof do you need? I suggest you stop defending the "drug free" t shirt wearing guy who has a long list of proof exposing him as a sadist during training.

Guto was also badly injured by Overeem and had to get surgery, again by a "freak injury" from a takedown. That's strike 3, I wonder how the non-biased mma guy is going to spin this one:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/8...ls-incidents-of-overeems-bullying-blackzilian

But lets pin this all on Dutch fighters in general.

Never heard about the Guto thing, that one sounds like it was his fault but the injuring Arlovski while striking and injuring Jones while training takedowns were accidents from the sound of what happened.

Again, show me evidence of dutch fighters regularly causing severe injuries to training partners or drop that BS. Plenty of non-Dutch gyms have hard sparring, no severe injuries though. Two of those injuries were caused by takedowns, not strikes, so this point fails even if it was true. I have given plenty of proof to back my claims up, all you can do is act like an expert because you've made over 20k posts on sherdog.

Overeem is a bully during training and his fights, how much more proof do you need?

Lookup Golden Glory sparring injuries. Here is one of the very first links.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fighter-Dies-After-Golden-Glory-Sparring-Session-21133

Dutch fighters spar hard as hell in general, much harder than normal, trying to pretend otherwise is dumb.

Never heard about the Guto thing, that one sounds like it was his fault but the injuring Arlovski while striking and injuring Jones while training takedowns were accidents from the sound of what happened.

LOL so it was either their own fault or it was a freak accident(despite happening on two different occasions with the same move. That's certainly freaky). I'm sure Alistair uses the same reasoning to justify himself. You're not a fanboy at all bro.

LOL so it was either their own fault or it was a freak accident(despite happening on two different occasions with the same move. That's certainly freaky). I'm sure Alistair uses the same reasoning to justify himself. You're not a fanboy at all bro.

Might want to try reading that again, I said that it sounded like that incident was Overeem's fault.

Ok, so you're opinion is that he purposefully injured Jones while they were training takedowns. Why the fuck would he do that, it makes no sense, why would he want to injure one of his best sparring partners for wrestling, that doens't help him.

Try not to be so emotional and maybe you can read my posts better.

I remember reading that Reem sent Arlovski to the hospital (as a precaution) way before the fight after hitting Arlovski with a body kick or a knee to the body in sparring and that Arlovski wasn't on good terms with him before that, he refused to train with him until Greg Jackson asked him to help with the JDS camp or something. When Cowboy (I think) was asked about who would win the fight he mentioned that everyone at the camp knew who was going to win because they've seen them sparring. Overeem always said the Arlovski fight was what it was and that it's the kinda stuff you would need to do to work your way to the title, Arlovski always saw the fight as personal though.
I don't remember that story in particular, but I do seem to recall AA saying in the past that he wasn't very fond of the Reem

Lookup Golden Glory sparring injuries. Here is one of the very first links.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fighter-Dies-After-Golden-Glory-Sparring-Session-21133

Dutch fighters spar hard as hell in general, much harder than normal, trying to pretend otherwise is dumb.

You might want to read the sources you post first, goof.

Also there are no traumatic injuries that have been caused by a strike, but only some minor marks stemming from the resuscitation attempts.”

Posting a case of a fighter with a pre-existing condition dying during training doesn't prove "Dutch fighters in general injure eachother during training". Now you're just being pathetic.

From Schaub's (and don't kill me for using Brendan Schaub as a source) account, Arlovski just isn't very warm and friendly in general. I bet Arlovski and Reem barely spoke before, so Arlovski is just like "whatever" now. I haven't actually listened to the interview though, but just my two cents.

Ok, so you're opinion is that he purposefully injured Jones while they were training takedowns. Why the fuck would he do that, it makes no sense, why would he want to injure one of his best sparring partners for wrestling, that doens't help him.

Jones may have been getting the better of the grappling exchanges, in turn frustrating the sadist in Overeem who then went 110% going in on the LHW in a flash. It's quite easy to think of scenarios considering that this is Overeem's personality and nature as confirmed by many people. A fanboy would certainly go "why would he do this it doesn't make sense? He's such a sweet guy".

You might want to read the sources you post first, goof.

Posting a case of a fighter with a pre-existing condition dying during training doesn't prove "Dutch fighters in general injure eachother during training". Now you're just being pathetic.

So, he died cause he had a medical condition and made it worse by sparring and getting kneed in the body. Like I said that was just one of the first links, I can easily find a bunch more and probably can find videos of dutch fighters knocking each other out in sparring pretty easily.

Here's Aldo and Michael Johnson getting beat up in sparring by dutch fighters, oh and they aren't Overeem, but yes let's ignore how it's well known that Dutch fighters spar much more like a fight than most.

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/how-j...boxing-champ-andy-souwer-part-of-30-man-camp/

I think Arvloski was pretty hurt Overeem called for the fight to begin with and said they weren't friends.

Arlovski always takes losses like a fuckboy.

Wasnt trying to shake hands with Fedor after getting KTFO also.

I seem to remember Schaub talking about Arlovski being a weird guy at the camp who didn't say much but one day after he had just met him and trained with him Arlovski told him they were going to take turns punching each other as hard as they could in the body to toughen each other up or something and Schaub thought he was insane. Could have been Schaub talking BS but it'd be fairly hypocritical in light of stuff Arlovski has claimed since

Back