So Arlovski is not training or talking with Overeem after their fight

Again ignoring vital points like a fanboy. Two of those injuries happened during GRAPPLING TRAINING you peabrain, not sparring. That shows his overall intent as a person during training. Do you understand simple facts? We know of 3 cases publically where he injured training partners. Once from sparring, twice by takedowns. Can you comprehend this or will you ignore it again and just go on about Dutch sparring? 20k+ posts and still can't comprehend basic facts.

Are you calling yourself a fanboy because you keep ignoring those other two links I found showing Dutch fighters injuring sparring partners that I found in like 20 seconds.

Lmao what a baby.

Especially because when he fought another training partner Travis Browne and WON he instantly was apologizing to him and said no hard feeling after the fight.

Guess he's not so chummy when it's him who gets knocked on his ass, grow up Arlovski.

I didn't respond to your questions as you made it apparent that you were basing your posts on an incorrect assumption so I just corrected that assumption.

Just because you haven't heard that Mousasi and Siyar have injured people in training doesn't mean that they haven't at some time, do you really think we would hear about them injuring someone if that person wasn't a well known MMA fighter? They probably have injured someone at some point during training it just wasn't anyone as well known as Arlovski or Jones and it didn't happen in the US.

Golden Glory was where Overeem did the majority of his training as a fighter and they are one of the most well known camps in the world for sparring very very hard.

We never heard of Overeem injuring anyone till he started training in the US, Mousasi doesn't train in the US and I think Siyar only started training in the US recently.

Riiight, nice cop-out. "we probably haven't heard of it". so what you're saying is aside from the 3 known cases of Overeem injuring fighters, there are probably many, many more cases of him injuring unknowns that we never heard of because hey, assumptions with no evidence. Suddenly those "only 3 instances" of his grew exponentially, and it wasn't even me but his fanboy who brought this to light. Boy you really did a good job defending him there. just lol @ how self-unaware you are, honestly this is just too easy, you're way too dumb.

So fanboy if you have no evidence of Mousasi or Siyar, two dutch guys with many years of sparring in dutch gyms, putting mma sparring partners into surgery rooms, then just STFU because untill then you still have nothing.

Lmao what a baby.

Especially because when he fought another training partner Travis Browne and WON he instantly was apologizing to him and said no hard feeling after the fight.

Guess he's not so chummy when it's him who gets knocked on his ass, grow up Arlovski.

He was very bitter in his losses to Tim Sylvia and Fedor as well. I also remember watching one of the Affliction events and Aleksander Emelinanko was giving Arlovski pointers on not dropping his hands when he backs up and Andrei acted like Aleks didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Riiight, nice cop-out. "we probably haven't heard of it". so what you're saying is aside from the 3 known cases of Overeem injuring fighters, there are probably many, many more cases of him injuring unknowns that we never heard of because hey, assumptions with no evidence. Suddenly those "only 3 instances" of his grew exponentially, and it wasn't even me but his fanboy who brought this to light. Boy you really did a good job defending him there. just lol @ how self-unaware you are, honestly this is just too easy, you're way too dumb.

So fanboy if you have no evidence of Mousasi or Siyar, two dutch guys with many years of sparring in dutch gyms, putting mma sparring partners into surgery rooms, then just STFU because untill then you still have nothing.

I'm adding context, how are you not getting this. If Overeem is such a bad guy like you think then we should have heard of someone he injured while training in the Netherlands yet we haven't.

Mousasi has never trained in the US and we never heard of Overeem injuring anyone till he trained in the US. For all you know Mousasi could have injured just as many people or more but we never heard of it cause it happened in the Netherlands.

There is simply a lot we don't know and you are assuming the worst of Overeem when there are too many things you don't know and aren't thinking about.

I'm trying to get you to think but it's not working.

Jones said that the injury was an accident, so one was his fault, one was an accident, that leaves just the Arlovski knee, which seemed like an accident to me.

Last edited:
Well Arlovski's spoken of a disliking for Overeem whilst training together so maybe it's more than being ko'd but yeah lets just call him sour...

Arlovski has always seemed really bitter or jealous of alot of fighters. Fedor and reem especially.

Arlovski's salty in general because he realizes he has become the gate keeper. Amazing job giving his career new life with a great win streak, then lose back to back to the two guys fighting for the title. I'd be pissed, too. The guy is still dangerous, but...
Arlovski was the gold standard at HW for a few years when Overeem was still getting beat up by PRIDE fighters.
Of course, that was back in the day, and well, he's kind of like Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino at this point.

Arlovski is being a bit of a baby. But from everything I've heard about Overeem is that he's kind of a jerk in practice and he's not particularly well liked by training partners.

And they would've been fine had AA won. Overeem has isolated himself in a lot of camps tho, unwillingly or not. But then again he's been open about that too, that to him competing is about business.

Golden Glory sparring sessions were insane. Once a week they would literally fight each other with the intent of knocking each other out. I remember Bas Rutten speaking on it too and saying it was normal for them. I do think it took time for Overeem to adjust. Jackson teammates have come out and defended him against these accusations anyway. The Jones incident seemed like a legit freak accident and the Arlovski incident came off as him just being bitch made tbh. Can't speak about the stuff that went down at Blackzillians but I have a hard time believing Overeem is intentionally injuring people.

Bloody wednesdays are a legendary thing at GG

Probably doesn't want Overeem to know as much about him if they ever rematch.

Just because this forum has a perpetual hard-on for the new and improved Econo-Reem and hypocritically gives him a pass for the horse meat failure, while refusing to acknowledge that he's not a swell or popular guy at any camp...

Doesn't mean fighters have to do the same.

Right. I like watching Reem fight, but the guy is a known and caught PED fraud. He's like the PED poster child with his physical transformation.

Maybe Arlovski thinks Reem got some higher-tech horsemeat before their fight?

Reem seems like a decent guy, but he's a PED cheat and always seems to overestimate his importance and relevance. I remember when he said Fedor ducked him in StrikeForce when I believe it was that Fedor wanted more drug testing and I think they would have fought anyways had they won in the Grand Prix and Reem stayed in StrikeForce.

Everyone knew Reem was a cheat and a ticking PED timebomb. Fedor alluded to this before Reem was caught and I think Cro Cop outright said it in 2011. Reem being popped for PED's in 2012 was inevitable.

Reem tapped to strikes against Arona of all people. I'll watch Reem fight, but it's always hard to take him really seriously.

Overeem probably told him after the KO, "how tastes my peepee?"

youmad.gif

Just because this forum has a perpetual hard-on for the new and improved Econo-Reem and hypocritically gives him a pass for the horse meat failure, while refusing to acknowledge that he's not a swell or popular guy at any camp...

Doesn't mean fighters have to do the same.

If that's the case, he shouldn't have been talking to Reem prior to the fight either. I don't know Overeem, but do know that plenty don't like him, including more than one teammate. Perhaps there's more to the story. But if AA decided to take a stand only after losing, he's being a sore loser here.

I mean what did arlovski expect? Its a fight not patty cake

Everyone knew Reem was a cheat and a ticking PED timebomb.

I think we'll be better off treating pre-USADA MMA like pre-steriod-ban baseball. I think it's safe to assume that more high-level fighters were using PEDs than not. So while Reem was juicing, the guys he was fighting were too. Just like the juicers hit homeruns off of juicers in baseball.

I think we'll be better off treating pre-USADA MMA like pre-steriod-ban baseball. I think it's safe to assume that more high-level fighters were using PEDs than not. So while Reem was juicing, the guys he was fighting were too. Just like the juicers hit homeruns off of juicers in baseball.

Unfortunately, we can't do that. For a couple of reasons:

- they didn't caught like Reem did (Fedor a great example of this)
- many of them did not undergo the unreal physical transformation Reem did

Certainly many MMA fighters used PED's in the past (and are still using them). No doubt in my mind about that. Still, the confirmed cheats have a special place because they are certified, 100% frauds.

This is what Hunt said after Reem got busted:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...ior-dos-santos-alistair-overeem-drug-test-mma

Alistair got caught,that's his problem and now he's dealing with it and everything that Alistair has done is meaningless now. At the end of the day he just got caught cheating, so what's the deal? I lost to him, so did he use that shit when I was fighting him? That's on him, he has to live with that shit not me.

Reem is Brock, with better striking. But he's still a fully discredited fighter and more a sports entertainer than a competitor.

Same thing happened to Lance Armstrong, even though I would bet my entire bank account that 90%+ of the competitive cyclists in the world are doping. Lance got caught, so he's done as regards being thought of as a legit, serious competitor.

Fuck. That kick. Jeebus. I missed it so that's my first time seeing it. Poor Arlovski.
That and the follow-up hook didn't even put him out cold. And people question his chin.

Also, prime Fedor hit like a fuckin' truck.

Back