So Arlovski is not training or talking with Overeem after their fight

So, he died cause he had a medical condition and made it worse by sparring.

Right, so you have no point whatsoever posting that tragic story. You're too dumb to really make any legit arguments.

You go right ahead trying to find obscure cases of injuries in Holland sweety. I bet you can't find a top MMA fighter who has 3(that we know of) severe injuries on his hands during training, twice with the same move while also having a rep of being a savage bully and sadist in the gym. Like I said before only Lombard has more heat on him, and I've never head of him sending anyone to the hospital because of training.

Ok so arlovski is racist. Hardly a huge surprise
Only against big black guys

L19n5-hRVw4.jpg

Jones may have been getting the better of the grappling exchanges, in turn frustrating the sadist in Overeem who then went 110% going in on the LHW in a flash. It's quite easy to think of scenarios considering that this is Overeem's personality and nature as confirmed by many people. A fanboy would certainly go "why would he do this it doesn't make sense? He's such a sweet guy".

So you assume he's some malicious asshole and is trying to injure his training partners and i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and that makes me a fanboy, i'm not a fanboy of anyone, you're just assuming the worst of the man and are ignoring how he's sparred for the vast majority of his career and that it was normal in the Netherlands to spar that way.

No one ever had a problem with how Overeem trains till he started training in America, you don't think there's a reason for that? LMAO.

Right, so you have no point whatsoever posting that tragic story. You're too dumb to really make any legit arguments.

You go right ahead trying to find obscure cases of injuries in Holland sweety. I bet you can't find a top MMA fighter who has 3(that we know of) severe injuries on his hands during training, twice with the same move while also having a rep of being a savage bully and sadist in the gym. Like I said before only Lombard has more heat on him, and I've never head of him sending anyone to the hospital because of training.

The name calling really doesn't help you, it just shows you can't debate very well and have to resort to being childish.

So you assume he's some malicious asshole and is trying to injure his training partners and i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and that makes me a fanboy, i'm not a fanboy of anyone, you're just assuming the worst of the man and are ignoring how he's sparred for the vast majority of his career and that it was normal in the Netherlands to spar that way.

I assume based on the words of several people who have worked and trained with him, and base it on the 3 known cases of him severely injuring training partners twice with the same move. You base your defense on Dutch kickboxing gyms having tough sparring sessions and ignore all the damning evidence on Overeem's behavior. Of course you're a fanboy, you don't even realise your own contradictions and how far you will go to defend him. You call all these cases freak injuries and then post a story about Schilt killing a guy with a pre-existing medical condition as if that's a regular occurence. You're a goofball.

Also Arlovski was good buddies with Travis Browne. I don't think Browne left Jackson just for Rhonda because in the past he say Reem was a camp jumper and wasn't too happy with Reem joining them

Golden Glory sparring sessions were insane. Once a week they would literally fight each other with the intent of knocking each other out. I remember Bas Rutten speaking on it too and saying it was normal for them. I do think it took time for Overeem to adjust. Jackson teammates have come out and defended him against these accusations anyway. The Jones incident seemed like a legit freak accident and the Arlovski incident came off as him just being bitch made tbh. Can't speak about the stuff that went down at Blackzillians but I have a hard time believing Overeem is intentionally injuring people.

I assume based on the words of several people who have worked and trained with him, and base it on the 3 known cases of him severely injuring training partners twice with the same move. You base your defense on Dutch kickboxing gyms having tough sparring sessions and ignore all the damning evidence on Overeem's behavior. Of course you're a fanboy, you don't even realise your own contradictions and how far you will go to defend him. You call all these cases freak injuries and then post a story about Schilt killing a guy with a pre-existing medical condition as if that's a regular occurence. You're a goofball.

So you didn't take into account how he had been training in the Netherlands for over 10+ years and only based your opinion on his sparring on the last 5 or so years of his career?

Look at the other two articles I posted then or search for yourself, it's not hard to find an article about a dutch fighter injuring someone or TKO/KOing a training partner while sparring. I looked for like 20 seconds and found 3 links none of them involving Overeem.

All these cases, that sounds like a lot when it's really just 3, it seems like you like to exaggerate.

Also Arlovski was good buddies with Travis Browne. I don't think Browne left Jackson just for Rhonda because in the past he say Reem was a camp jumper and wasn't too happy with Reem joining them

I actually think Arlovski lost the Reem fight before it even happened much like Travis had already lost against Arlovski. On the lead up to that we kept hearing how Travis and Arlovski had been training partners and the word was that Arlovski whooped his ass every time. Travis look shook from the get go in that fight. I know Arlovski took a couple of big shots but it seemed like he straight up quit in the Overeem fight too easily.

So you didn't take into account how he had been training in the Netherlands for over 10+ years and only based your opinion on his sparring on the last 5 or so years of his career?

Look at the other two articles I posted then or search for yourself, it's not hard to find an article about a dutch fighter injuring someone or TKO/KOing a training partner while sparring. I looked for like 20 seconds and found 3 links none of them involving Overeem.

Again ignoring vital points like a fanboy. Two of those injuries happened during GRAPPLING TRAINING you peabrain, not sparring. That shows his overall intent as a person during training. Do you understand simple facts? We know of 3 cases publically where he injured training partners. Once from sparring, twice by takedowns. Can you comprehend this or will you ignore it again and just go on about Dutch sparring? 20k+ posts and still can't comprehend basic facts.

Here's the deal. Though Holland is English speaking, you'll still find the little MMA coverage that does get out is usually in Dutch.
Kickboxing, still the distant leader gets more coverage and yet still, very little coverage of injuries in training.

It is my guess that outside of USA, which loves media coverage (potentially Canada too) you will find very little to no reference of injury (simple or severe) that is public domain. Do you know why? There is little to no public interest outside of Sherdog, or general over the top fanboyism that exists mostly among young pubescent keyboard warriors.

I know this 1st hand. I've trained and sparred with 3 solid gyms, in Muay Thai and MMA.
5 weeks ago in fight prep, a welterweight took a roundhouse flat to his forehead and suffered memory loss.
Last night, a straight overhand concussed one mediocre sparring partner.
Shogun and Ninja gave my club a seminar 10 years ago and first hand we learned that ChuteBox went hard and often. A lot the guys were fighting the same week after gym knockouts and fractures that were taped up and stifled with painkillers.

Step foot in at least two renowned Dutch kickboxing gyms and you will get broken toes, concussions and out something out of place.

It may not be wise for training but this is a fact.
Add this to HeavyWeights training hard and training tired - you will quickly see that it is too easy to injure yourself or others. Whether through anger or lack of care.

Singling out a fighter "from what I hear" is utter bollocks until you know somebody and have trained with the.

Kangaroo MMA Sherdog court strikes again. Get fucking training. Fight. Then report back with your utter bollocks and correct your idiocy.

Again ignoring vital points like a fanboy. Two of those injuries happened during GRAPPLING TRAINING you peabrain, not sparring. That shows his overall intent as a person during training. Do you understand simple facts? We know of 3 cases publically where he injured training partners. Once from sparring, twice by takedowns. Can you comprehend this or will you ignore it again and just go on about Dutch sparring? 20k+ posts and still can't comprehend basic facts.

Grappling training is sparring, sparring isn't just striking. I didn't ignore anything. Overeem trains with high intensity in striking and grappling.

Maybe you should learn that sparring doesn't only mean striking instead of going on some tangent because you don't understand something.

You can spar in fencing, boxing, kickboxing, BJJ, and wrestling, sparring isn't just striking.

I hope I helped you learn that sparring isn't limited to striking.

Grappling training is sparring, sparring isn't just striking. I didn't ignore anything. Overeem trains with high intensity in striking and grappling.

Maybe you should learn that sparring doesn't only mean striking instead of going on some tangent because you don't understand something.

You based it on dutch kickboxing you goof. Dutch kickboxing doesn't have grappling training. You used the term sparring this entire time. Grappling is not sparring i.e. exchanging strikes. You're digging your own hole deeper and deeper.

While you're at this assignment show me some sources of Mousasi and Siyar injuring their training partners. They've done years of Dutch fight training like Overeem. Where are all their sparring partners who had to get surgery because of them?

They don't because they're not sadists, they know when to tone it down especially against guys who don't want to go hard. Overeem doesn't care wether you're a willing participant. Keep making excuses you fanboy.

You based it on dutch kickboxing you goof. Dutch kickboxing doesn't have grappling training. You used the term sparring this entire time. Grappling is not sparring i.e. exchanging strikes. You're digging your own hole deeper and deeper.

While you're at this assignment show me some sources of Mousasi and Siyar injuring their training partners. They've done years of Dutch fight training like Overeem. Where are all their sparring partners who had to get surgery because of them?

They don't because they're not sadists, they know when to tone it down especially against guys who don't want to go hard. Overeem doesn't care wether you're a willing participant. Keep making excuses you fanboy.

No I said the Dutch spar hard, you made the assumption that I only meant in striking which I did not say.

You made an incorrect assumption and ran with it.

I have said that the one injury to the guy while they were striking was Overeem's fault as he went for a takedown while they were working stand up only.

The Arlovski knee seemed like it was probably due to Overeem's 15+ plus years of hard sparring and the Jones injury seemed like a freak accident as both men said it was an accident and most of the time when someone gets injured during a takedown it's a freak accident, someone's leg gets stuck on the mat or slips on sweat(I used to wrestle for 3 year and did some BJJ for a year).

Here's the deal. Though Holland is English speaking, you'll still find the little MMA coverage that does get out is usually in Dutch.
Kickboxing, still the distant leader gets more coverage and yet still, very little coverage of injuries in training.

It is my guess that outside of USA, which loves media coverage (potentially Canada too) you will find very little to no reference of injury (simple or severe) that is public domain. Do you know why? There is little to no public interest outside of Sherdog, or general over the top fanboyism that exists mostly among young pubescent keyboard warriors.

I know this 1st hand. I've trained and sparred with 3 solid gyms, in Muay Thai and MMA.
5 weeks ago in fight prep, a welterweight took a roundhouse flat to his forehead and suffered memory loss.
Last night, a straight overhand concussed one mediocre sparring partner.
Shogun and Ninja gave my club a seminar 10 years ago and first hand we learned that ChuteBox went hard and often. A lot the guys were fighting the same week after gym knockouts and fractures that were taped up and stifled with painkillers.

Step foot in at least two renowned Dutch kickboxing gyms and you will get broken toes, concussions and out something out of place.

It may not be wise for training but this is a fact.
Add this to HeavyWeights training hard and training tired - you will quickly see that it is too easy to injure yourself or others. Whether through anger or lack of care.

Singling out a fighter "from what I hear" is utter bollocks until you know somebody and have trained with the.

Kangaroo MMA Sherdog court strikes again. Get fucking training. Fight. Then report back with your utter bollocks and correct your idiocy.

As I said there are plenty of gyms where guys go hard in training. The difference is both parties know what they're getting into, and it's not a case of one guy's ego getting hurt and responding with a sudden burst of intensity to get payback at the training partner like Overeem's insecure history shows.

Even some guys who are known to go hard at everybody like Lombard don't put people into surgery rooms, because it really isn't that difficult to have some level of self-control left in you. This is an ego/sadism thing nothing more.

No I said the Dutch spar hard, you made the assumption that I only meant in striking which I did not say.

You made an incorrect assumption and ran with it.

Just as I thought. Every time you ask for a valid source to back up his statements there is nothing in response. lol you ran out of this thread when you saw the names Siyar and Mousasi because you realised that your go-to "dutch training culture" would not work here. Game set and match.

Arlovski was being a cunt leading up to the fight. This is no surprise. Reem should just go back to muchcockguy Reem and not care. He ko'd him. Nuffsaid

Just as I thought. Every time you ask for a valid source to back up his statements there is nothing in response. lol you ran out of this thread when you saw the names Siyar and Mousasi because you realised that your go-to "dutch training culture" would not work here. Game set and match.

I didn't respond to your questions as you made it apparent that you were basing your posts on an incorrect assumption so I just corrected that assumption.

Just because you haven't heard that Mousasi and Siyar have injured people in training doesn't mean that they haven't at some time, do you really think we would hear about them injuring someone if that person wasn't a well known MMA fighter? They probably have injured someone at some point during training it just wasn't anyone as well known as Arlovski or Jones and it didn't happen in the US.

Golden Glory was where Overeem did the majority of his training as a fighter and they are one of the most well known camps in the world for sparring very very hard.

We never heard of Overeem injuring anyone till he started training in the US, Mousasi doesn't train in the US and I think Siyar only started training in the US recently.

Back