So Arlovski is not training or talking with Overeem after their fight

What a sore loser, Overeem said on the MMA hour that Arlovski is just ignoring him now. Overeem wanted to talk it out after the fight but Arlovski had no interest

HiPl1Tz.gif

It is what it is
Sore loser? If you watched the entire Reem segment on the MMAhour you would know they had problems before the fight. Andrei's interviews confirms that as well. He even said BEFORE the fight that they wouldn't talk to eachother.

I remember reading that Reem sent Arlovski to the hospital (as a precaution) way before the fight after hitting Arlovski with a body kick or a knee to the body in sparring and that Arlovski wasn't on good terms with him before that, he refused to train with him until Greg Jackson asked him to help with the JDS camp or something. When Cowboy (I think) was asked about who would win the fight he mentioned that everyone at the camp knew who was going to win because they've seen them sparring. Overeem always said the Arlovski fight was what it was and that it's the kinda stuff you would need to do to work your way to the title, Arlovski always saw the fight as personal though.

Last edited:
Overeem seems like a douchey guy from his MMA hour interviews. Easily offended. I wudnt be surprised if he can be a douche about his win

Overeem fan here, but from everything i've read and heard over the years it's pretty obvious that Overeem is an extremely unlikeable human being in many ways in real life outside the octagon, so I'm not surprised by this or fault Arlovski for it.

I read that they didnt train together either before their fight. they only ever sparred twice in their entire time they been at Jacksons together they said.

Btw I can't stop cracking up at shertards calling anybody childish. There has hardly ever been a more childish collective group of people online(maybe tied with 4chan and the misc). Please explain Andrei how to be a proper adult again.

I remember reading that Reem sent Arlovski to the hospital (as a precaution) way before the fight after hitting Arlovski with a body kick or a knee to the body in sparring and that Arlovski wasn't on good terms with him before that, he refused to train with him until Greg Jackson asked him to help with the JDS camp or something. When Cowboy (I think) was asked about who would win the fight he mentioned that everyone at the camp knew who was going to win because they've seen them sparring. Overeem always said the Arlovski fight was what it was and that it's the kinda stuff you would need to do to work your way to the title, Arlovski always saw the fight as personal though.

This is pretty much what I heard about the whole situation, it was a knee to the body that sent Arlovski to the hospital. I think Arlovski also thought Overeem asked for Andrei specifically but Overeem says he was asked about the fight and just said yes. Arlovski seems to have taken everything personally.

This is pretty much what I heard about the whole situation, it was a knee to the body that sent Arlovski to the hospital. I think Arlovski also thought Overeem asked for Andrei specifically but Overeem says he was asked about the fight and just said yes. Arlovski seems to have taken everything personally.

It's funny how Overeem's defense for the former would be "Dude I injure everybody I train with, it wasn't personal". Nothing in this makes him look good.

Arlovski said he singled him out after training together for a while at Greg Jackson and he felt like it was kind of weird.

I love Overeem but this isn't the first time he hasn't been loyal to a fight camp and friends. Overeem has always had the self centered me personality. Vitor Belfort has the same issues. He's not loyal to any camp or fighter he trains with.

It's funny how Overeem's defense for the former would be "Dude I injure everybody I train with, it wasn't personal". Nothing in this makes him look good.

Overeem trains differently than most modern MMA fighters as do a lot of Dutch fighters(they spar much harder on average and injuries happen more often). It seems as though he's adjusting as I haven't heard anything since the Arlovski knee and the freak injury on a takedown of Jones.

Here is how Overeem's talk with Andrei would've gone:
"So Andrei, I knocked you out. Are we cool?"

You'd think Jackson-Wink would have learned from the Jones-Rashad drama years ago. Teammates fighting one another doesn't work wel

Overeem trains differently than most modern MMA fighters as do a lot of Dutch fighters(they spar much harder on average and injuries happen more often). It seems as though he's adjusting as I haven't heard anything since the Arlovski knee and the freak injury on a takedown of Jones.

Yeah it's funny how it doesn't seem to happen when you decide to stop being a dick during training.

Yeah it's funny how it doesn't seem to happen when you decide to stop being a dick during training.

I don't think he's a dick during training he's just trained a certain way for like 20+ years and it's hard to break habits.

I don't think most would say Wanderlei is a dick and he spars very hard too.

I don't think he's a dick during training he's just trained a certain way for like 20+ years and it's hard to break habits.

Yeah when you've been a dick in training for 20 years it's not easy to become a decent guy all of a sudden.

Ok, whatever, clearly you are stuck on thinking that anyone who spars hard = dick.

Lombard who has the worst rep when it comes to gym bullying has never sent anyone to the hospital during training, Alistair has injured numerous people. Not just with sparring but with a takedown during grappling too. The man is inexcusable.

Back