So all of a sudden Edgar is a "natural 135er"?

While I don't want TJ to get a rematch after one win, Frankie doesn't deserve the shot. TJ vs Cody for the shot. Frankie can fight the winner of Dodson and Lineker or Caraway.

Not sure he doesn't get destroyed by TJ. Maybe he should stay at 145 and hope Conor knocks Aldo off again and that the UFC somehow gives him that fight.

Not sure he doesn't get destroyed by TJ. Maybe he should stay at 145 and hope Conor knocks Aldo off again and that the UFC somehow gives him that fight.

I'd give Edgar an excellent chance over anybody at 135 but your proposal also has its advantages.

"All of a sudden"? He was always a tiny LW and it looks like he could make 135. This has always been obvious so I don't understand why this comes as a surprise to you.

Well he sure as hell wasn't a proper sized LW but he did find the best success in that division.

Now 145 is fucked with Aldo but there is a good chance vs Conor so he can move around up and down.

He also saw that he doesn't cut as much weight as the other 145s so that's why he is thinking he can make 135 lbs.

I think he'd be waiting a long time. I'm not one of those MMA conspiracy theorist, but it seems kinda obvious the UFC wasn't too keen and getting semis booking that bout. There's def a few people the UFC would put a head of him still. I'd like to see that fight happen eventually though, I just dont think its going to happen.

I'd give Edgar an excellent chance over anybody at 135 but your proposal also has its advantages.

Yeah definitely has a solid chance vs anyone but don't TJ and Cruz seem like particularly bad match ups for his style? They are super quick with good hands and fantastic at dealing with wrestling. He was able to bully Faber around so who knows but they are on a higher level at this point.

Frankie fans will use any excuse as to why he lost against Aldo twice.

He is a natural 135er

And if you think he actually lost twice to Bendo your opinion on anything mma related is meaningless
He lost both times to bendo. And the first fight to bj. I dont even recall edgar landing anything against bendo the 2nd fight besides takedowns.

I really don't see why edgar has so many nut huggers.

I think Edgar is perfectly suited for featherweight and he's going to be cutting unnecessary weight to make 135lbs. He makes featherweight getting on the scale lean but not overly muscled, and he cuts water to get there.

Edgar at 135lbs he'll have to either make a hero cut or drop muscle mass, which doesn't make sense. He's not undersized and he's very rarely out muscled at featherweight, and hes most definitely a top 5 guy.

1V4zj5f.jpg

20151210031847_1DX_1647.JPG

frankie-edgar-urijah-faber-ufc-fight-night-66.jpg

To me the question isn't so much whether he deserves it; I agree it's hard to think of any contender at 135 with a record to match Edgar's. Rather, I think he would be well advised to take a non-title fight or two to get his bearings at that weight before he goes up against the champion.

I agree. Sometimes is best to see how he manage the weight cut with an easier fight.

The big question here is: How his speed and power will be affected by the weight cut? I have no doubt Frank can ko TJ or Cruz on normal conditions, so would be great to test his condition before fight those guys.

I think Edgar is perfectly suited for featherweight and he's going to be cutting unnecessary weight to make 135lbs. He makes featherweight getting on the scale lean but not overly muscled, and he cuts water to get there.

Edgar at 135lbs he'll have to either make a hero cut or drop muscle mass, which doesn't make sense. He's not undersized and he's very rarely out muscled at featherweight, and hes most definitely a top 5 guy.

1V4zj5f.jpg

20151210031847_1DX_1647.JPG

frankie-edgar-urijah-faber-ufc-fight-night-66.jpg

Although you maybe be correct, theres on little problem: José Aldo

If Aldo take his belt back (good chances this is happening) Frank will be in a very bad position in the featherweight division.

Maybe he should await the rematch of Aldo and the irish manlet, but if he can drop to 135 and feel good, then he must take a shot.

Although you maybe be correct, theres on little problem: José Aldo

If Aldo take his belt back (good chances this is happening) Frank will be in a very bad position in the featherweight division.

Maybe he should await the rematch of Aldo and the irish manlet, but if he can drop to 135 and feel good, then he must take a shot.

I get your line of thinking, its not crazy, but my instincts don't say to chase a belt at all costs.

Dom is a horrific matchup for Edgar because they share similar strengths - highly mobile, impossible cardio, excellent wrestling. Edgar gets hit quite a bit more often but he's got a chin on him.

Featherweight is having a renaissance and is a much more important division in the sport, and has the largest payday possible as the champion. Bantam is fun for us hardcore fans but is largely ignored by the rest of the world.

The risk -vs- reward doesn't really stack up.

I don't mind if he gets an immediate title shot at the BW belt. the clear #1 contender is TJ and that fight just happened. frankie is very strong everywhere and can absolutely beat Cruz.
Even though Dillashaw is a you say clear #1 contender you don't mind him being skipped. Did you mind Bader being skipped? Did you mind Woodley being skipped for Condit?

Will you mind if Thompson is skipped if, for example, Mousasi dropped down to face Woodley?

Even though Dillashaw is a you say clear #1 contender you don't mind him being skipped. Did you mind Bader being skipped? Did you mind Woodley being skipped for Condit?

Will you mind if Thompson is skipped if, for example, Mousasi dropped down to face Woodley?
I didn't mind bader and condit. I would mind thompson for sure! TJ had his title shot not too long ago. He has one fight after losing to cruz I think. It's not an obvious #1 contender as wonderboy, who is on a 7 win streak IIRC with a good amount of great wins with highlight heel finishes... don't say it's similar cause it's not

Back