So all of a sudden Edgar is a "natural 135er"?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/6...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

This is like Aldo/edgar 1's instant shot. after the 2 losses to Bendo.
Now that he has 2 losses to Aldo, he obviously earned another titleshot in a lower weight class again...
CTUFVexXAAAS5zG.png

*Mod Edit: No where in the article did Frankie or his coach say he "deserved" an immediate title shot.
He should duke it out with TJ for the next title shot.

He should duke it out with TJ for the next title shot.
TJ just beat the 1# contender in a rematch. SO he's obviously getting the next title shot cause his first match with Cruz was so close.
Edgar should fight someone a bit lower before, like Sterling or Mr. Cupcakes or No Love.

Yeah definitely has a solid chance vs anyone but don't TJ and Cruz seem like particularly bad match ups for his style? They are super quick with good hands and fantastic at dealing with wrestling. He was able to bully Faber around so who knows but they are on a higher level at this point.

Cruz does seem like a bad match-up for Edgar, but TJ likes to exchange in the pocket, which would be bad for him because Edgar's hands are better than TJ's. TJ also likes to get aggressive and come forward, but Edgar's reactive take-down's are some of the best in the sport right next to Cruz's.

Waiting for him to say only reason cruz won is due to length/size/weight/roids

He does because he should have got his title shot at FW but instead they fed him to Aldo again.

Cruz vs Edgar FTW

This fight is a fight fans dream. Winner gets TJ.
What's the logic there? He can beat Conor but not Aldo? Shouldn't the champ be able to beat everyone in his division?

1 win at 135 and then he deserves a title shot, def not immediately

I personally think Frankie could hold both 125 and 135 titles if he were to drop weight. He's a small guy, solid all around fighter but he's small. I think he'd edge Cruz since Cruz tends to fade more quickly than Frankie so UD there and probably a SD against Johnson.

Well, he did shutout Faber. Granted it's faded Faber.

He lost both times to bendo. And the first fight to bj. I dont even recall edgar landing anything against bendo the 2nd fight besides takedowns.

I really don't see why edgar has so many nut huggers.

giphy.gif

If the only thing Frankie landed on Benson in two fights were the dominant takedowns he won because the striking was somewhat even.

Now add the context he was 7-10kg/15.4lbs-22lbs less than Benson and he messed him up good.

All of a sudden he's a bum on sherdog. Because he had a bad night against one of the best of all time
Aldo by the way looked amazing

That's a good mod edit, @Jackonfire. Otherwise I would have been quite confused.

Frankie is a LW champ and bW is a joke of a division.
BW is not a joke of a division. TJ arguably deserves a shot, he beat assuncao who was the #1 contender. I want to see the winner of Dodson vs lineker get a shot, & garbrandt is on the cusp as well. Frankie is coming off a loss, & he was the LW champ 5 years ago & had like 2 successful defenses. I don't consider a draw a successful defense. I don't think Frankie should leap frog all those guys. If he wants to drop he should get TJ imo

Cody is getting a title shot before TJ or Edgar, so long as he defeats Mizugaki
Don't think that's how it works. Cruz got his title shot cause mizugaki was a tune up fight for him to see if he still had it. He did. But mizugaki for anyone else is just a win. Nothing spectacular.

Come on people. Frankie is a Natural LIGHTWEIGHT. He should go back to LW where he has the most success.

Don't think that's how it works. Cruz got his title shot cause mizugaki was a tune up fight for him to see if he still had it. He did. But mizugaki for anyone else is just a win. Nothing spectacular.
The bickering from both camps just might tempt the tempt the UFC to strike when it's hot

I personally think Frankie could hold both 125 and 135 titles if he were to drop weight. He's a small guy, solid all around fighter but he's small. I think he'd edge Cruz since Cruz tends to fade more quickly than Frankie so UD there and probably a SD against Johnson.

Dude can't even win at 145. What makes you think he can cut it at 125 and 135? His best weight is 155.

Honestly he's probably a bigger draw than any other contender at 135. Body of work better too. Give him a top contender then the title shot imo

Back